Microsoft support contact method is terrible, and customer unfriendly.

Discus and support Microsoft support contact method is terrible, and customer unfriendly. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son redeemed a code on our rarely used xbox one. He bought some fortnight in game currency. The currency should have automatically updated on his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RickBurkett, May 5, 2020.

1. RickBurkett
    RickBurkett Guest

My son redeemed a code on our rarely used xbox one. He bought some fortnight in game currency. The currency should have automatically updated on his fortnight account on his xbox fortnight and pc fortnight account.

we cancelled our xbox live account last dec because we werent using it and our one x died after 14 months. We still had a one s in the house. My son would regularly buy v bucks for fortnight on the xbox and they would update on his pc fortnight account automatically.

I made the mistake of recently buying a new xbox one x and yesterday, my son entered a gift card code and bought 25.00 worth of vbucks. Unfortunately, microsoft wont even let fortnight load for him to see if the purchase worked. Without live, the game wont
    launch.

the vbucks didnt show up on the pc fortnite account, so were stuck. i spent 20min just to find out microsoft doesnt want customers calling microsoft. I know this becuse they are making it very difficult to contact them. You cant call ms. All calls say to
    use the website. The website says use our menu. Note that most of the menu categories end in a message stating “this item is not eligible for phone or chat support”. Why have it included, if it doesnt qualify? So you have to keep trying until you find a category
    that does, even if it doesnt match your problem. Ms is just the worst for doing this to its customers. Personally, im returning the newly purchased xbox one and going back to sony. Customer service and support shouldnt be an ordeal of this level. Ms lost sight
    of this customer, and is now losing this customer.

if theres a more customer friendly way to get assistance, please let me know.

:)

RickBurkett, May 5, 2020
  2. Honda Man 04 Win User

There are several different options when contacting support depending on how you want to have them offer you help. Between a phone call, web chat and virtual agent you must be able to get someone that can give you the help you are craving. I have had
    frustrating experiences myself recently, but I can't turn my back on the one thing that brings me the most joy. Cabin fever can make things worse so hang in there and I hope it works out in the end for you.
  3. RickBurkett Win User

You must be just unlucky, all of them i met are polite and nice, probably because im just a very friendly guy, and the thought of you canceling your membership just for v bucks is just stupid, they have no real worth and a waste of 25$ in my opinion,
    you deserve not getting your 25$ back if you were going to burn it all on garbage.
    Thank you,

your friendliness is apparent in your kind and understanding reply.
  4. Honda Man 04 Win User

I am sorry to hear of your experience and can't downplay that I wouldn't feel as frustrated as you are for how you say that it has gone, but it sounds as though there has been an increased amount of outsourced calls due to the pandemic. Normally support
    does a good job helping and handling people's issues, but I imagine the increased strain of more people being home and online creates more issues that need help with getting resolved. If this was a different time, I am certain that your experience would be
    different and to your liking. Please don't write Xbox off because of one issue because they truly are a wonderful company. But if you do leave and head over to the other guys you should double check how things are going on their end. I have heard negative
    things before all of this pandemic started. Best of luck with whatever you decide. I also apologize for SkyRimLegend21's response
    because that wasn't called for. We truly are here to help you and I think you should retry contacting support again because not everyone is going to be like that.
  5. RickBurkett Win User

As the xbox came up, after installing the required update, she starts saying she needed to go help the next customer, i said ”im in and ready to check the settings” and she said sorryand hung up.

Wow, just Wow.

You lost a customer today ms.
  6. RickBurkett Win User

Wonderful, thank you!

i got connected with an obviously offshore agent with no authority whatsoever, except the power to say “im sorry” alot. she is not helpful at all, and has said she has 3 minutes to help at this point and then shes hanging up. Were waiting for an xbox update
    to install, and she wont wait for it to finish. Nice customer service eh? I guess you get what you pay for.

apparently, ms will sell you in game currency, outside of the game, through the xbox store. However, you cant use the currency, without signing into that game. At some point, ms. Required fortnight and other online games to prevent launching the game, if
    you dont have xbox live. It used to be you could launch the game, but not join online matches. As fortnight wont launch, i cant redeem the purchase.

this is all microsofts doing. I have no control whatsoever of this process. I dont think ms could have a poorer system in place.

Viva PS5
Thema:

1. Microsoft support contact method is terrible, and customer unfriendly. - Similar Threads - Microsoft support contact

2. Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?: I've had an ongoing issue with the Microsoft rewards app on Xbox where it keeps telling me to update my consoles location, causing me to lose my streak. I finally got some help via a live chat...
  3. How do i contact Minecraft Microsoft Support?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i contact Minecraft Microsoft Support?: Hello, I once bought Minecraft and one day when I logged in with the same gmail it logged me into a new account without minecraft and now when the launcher prompts me with "buy now" instead of...
  4. Is there a way to contact an actuall Microsoft Supporter?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to contact an actuall Microsoft Supporter?: Hello, on the 27th of december my Microsoft Account got hacked from a person. My Microsoft Account was mainly used for Minecraft only. On the very same day I browsed through the internet and...
  5. How do I contact Minecraft Microsoft Support?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Minecraft Microsoft Support?: So to put it short, I play Minecraft on my ps4, but I'm using my Microsoft/Xbox gamer account to play on it. I didn't play yesterday on New Year's Day so I didn't notice the problem until today....
  6. How do I get into contact with Microsoft support? I mean actually talk to someone and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get into contact with Microsoft support? I mean actually talk to someone and...: Few months ago my Microsoft account had been hacked, the password and email were changed and I have no access to it. But, yesterday I realized it is still logged into my Microsoft store somehow....
  7. Need to contact someone from Microsoft support for my Minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to contact someone from Microsoft support for my Minecraft account: Hello, My problem can't be solved by the community, as it concern Minecraft and Mojang account which, they don't manage anymore since a bit more than 1 month. It's now Microsoft behind, so I need...
  8. I get the Error Code "Contact us at Microsoft Support" when trying to add money to spending...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get the Error Code "Contact us at Microsoft Support" when trying to add money to spending...: I log into my Family Safety for Microsoft and try to add money to my son's Spending account so he can make purchases on the Xbox. It has worked in the past but now it won't let me. I renewed my...
  9. It will not let me buy ea fc 24 ultimate edition it says contact Microsoft support how can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It will not let me buy ea fc 24 ultimate edition it says contact Microsoft support how can...: Won’t let me buy the game ea fc please can you help me purchase the game it says contact you everytime 279f09c6-d9bc-4aa4-8b48-429e1f9f514d
  10. “Contact us at microsoft support” issue when buying and Microsoft products online

in XBoX on Windows
    “Contact us at microsoft support” issue when buying and Microsoft products online: I’ve had an issue for about 5 months now to where the “contact us at Microsoft support” error has blocked me from buying absolutely anything Microsoft related and I’ve tried everything under the...