Microsoft Store/Xbox app issues

Discus and support Microsoft Store/Xbox app issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I started having issues with my Xbox app today when I tried installing a game from Game Pass. The install was hanging at 0% for about a half hour, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GirffyB, Feb 17, 2022.

1. GirffyB
    GirffyB Guest

I started having issues with my Xbox app today when I tried installing a game from Game Pass. The install was hanging at 0% for about a half hour, so I closed the Xbox app and tried to restart it. Then, the Xbox app would hang at startup, so I repaired and reset it in app settings, same issue, hang at startup. So, I uninstalled the Xbox app and tried to reinstall it through the Microsoft Store, no luck, will still hang during start up after reinstallation. Also, now, the Microsoft Store will hang when I'm on the Xbox app page. Was having no problems before today.

Running Windows 11, fully updated.

:)

GirffyB, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Otare Zakuro Win User

Minecraft: Failed to initialise account. Please try again later. (Error code 0x80004004)

The issue was fixed by reinstalling xbox app and relogging into both Microsoft Store and Xbox app.
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

Hi MoO Caboose,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with launching games on the PC Xbox app and Microsoft Store. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Here are the steps that might help you out with your concern. Please follow the steps below:

1. Run Windows Store apps Troubleshooter: This will check the Microsoft store app if there is any issue. To do this, follow the steps:
    - Press Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings
    - Go to System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooter
    - Click Run
    - Follow the instructions and apply any recommended fixes.

2. Reset the Xbox app and Microsoft store: Sometimes, resetting the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app can help resolve issues. To reset the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app, follow these steps:

- Open the Start menu and search for "Apps & Features".

- Scroll down and find the Xbox app or Microsoft Store app.

- Click on the Xbox app or Microsoft Store app and select "Advanced options".

- Scroll down and click on "Reset".

- Restart your PC and try launching the game again.

3. Clear the Microsoft Store cache: Clearing the Microsoft Store cache can also help resolve issues. To clear the cache, follow these steps:

- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

- Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.

- Wait for the command to complete and then try launching the game again.

I hope that these steps help resolve the issue. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. GirffyB Win User

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for replying to my post. I left things alone for a day, went back and it started working. Not sure what was the original cause of my issue, or how it was fixed, but the problem has been resolved. I appreciate your prompt response.
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi, GirffyB,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. I see that you have issues with the Xbox App after updating your PC to Windows 11. I am happy to help and see if we can solve your problem. I will provide a couple of suggestions that have worked for some users.

Solution 1:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files. Sometimes corrupted files can cause issues.

Solution 2: Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
    3. Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    Solution 3: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  6. dennarai Win User

Why Is Soul Hackers 2 Not Showing in the Xbox App for Windows?

I do see the game in the Microsoft Store but that is still not the issue I am addressing. This game should be showing up in the Xbox app and working properly with the Xbox ecosystem and this is not working.

Downloading it from the Microsoft Store does not fix the Xbox app. This is not the issue.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store/Xbox app issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store app

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  4. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  5. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  6. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  7. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  8. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  9. Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start: Hi iv been having an issue with my windows 10 pc. I have the xbox app loaded onto my pc to run the gamepass games. About a week ago the xbox app and the microsoft store started taking forever to...
  10. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...