Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download

Discus and support Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello - I have a brand new PC I bought today and the system won’t download the Microsoft store, Xbox App, or Xbox Game bar. Has a solution been found... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Reggie R, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Reggie R
    Reggie R Guest

Hello - I have a brand new PC I bought today and the system won’t download the Microsoft store, Xbox App, or Xbox Game bar. Has a solution been found for this? I am using Windows 11.

:)

Reggie R, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello Reggie R, my name is Jose, an independent advisor, and I am delighted to assist you.

In this case, it is worth mentioning that I am only an advisor and I am here in your response just to guide you and provide possible solutions. Remember that if you need more help, don't hesitate to seek assistance and answers. Now, let's get to the point.

If you're experiencing issues downloading the Microsoft Store, Xbox app, or Xbox Game Bar on your new Windows 11 PC, you can try following these steps to resolve the problem:

Check Internet Connection:
    Ensure that your PC is connected to the internet stably. A slow or intermittent connection can interfere with downloads.

Restart Your PC:
    Sometimes, restarting your computer can resolve temporary issues. Restart your PC and try the download again.

Windows Updates:
    Make sure Windows 11 is fully updated. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for pending updates.

Region and Language Settings:
    Verify that your PC's region and language settings are correct. Some applications may not be available in certain regions.

Microsoft Account:
    Ensure you are using a valid Microsoft account and that you are signed in with that account on your PC.

Reinstall Applications:
    If issues persist, consider uninstalling problematic applications and try reinstalling them from the Microsoft Store.

Disable Antivirus:
    In some cases, antivirus software may interfere with downloads. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus and attempt the download again.

Reset Microsoft Store:
    You can try resetting the Microsoft Store. To do this, search for "Reset Store" in the Start menu and follow the instructions.

Check Date and Time Settings:
    Ensure that your PC's date and time are configured correctly, as this can affect downloads.

An additional solution could be:

Install the Microsoft Store on Windows 11 via PowerShell using the following command. Note that you'll need to run PowerShell as an administrator to perform these actions:

Open PowerShell as Administrator:

Press Win + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Administrator)."
    Run the following command:
    Once in PowerShell, type or copy and paste:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Make sure to copy and paste the entire command. This command will reinstall the Microsoft Store on your system.

Wait for the process to complete.

PowerShell will execute the command, and you should see some progress on the screen. After it's done, you should have the Microsoft Store installed.

Restart your PC:

Restart your computer to ensure the changes take effect.

Please note that this method assumes that the absence of the Microsoft Store is an installation or registry issue, and reinstalling it should resolve it.

If you encounter any issues during this process or if the problem persists, you may want to seek help on Microsoft's technical support forums or consider other specific solutions.

If the problem persists after following these steps, it may be helpful to seek assistance on Microsoft's technical support forums or contact Windows support for personalized assistance.

Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Find game I downloaded

Hi PeterWainwright3! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you downloaded the game from the Xbox app or the Microsoft store app, you should be able to find it on the start menu, or use the search bar on the task bar

Also in the apps you used for the download, for example on the Xbox app on the left sidebar will appear any game that you downloaded from the app
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Xbox app wont load for PC?

Clear the Microsoft Store cache

Press Windows + R to launch Run, type wsreset.exe, and hit Enter.

Once the reset process is finished, restart your PC and then check if the Windows Store App works as it should.

The Xbox App depends on the Microsoft Store App to run properly. So, if there is something wrong with the Store app, many apps won’t launch or won’t download anything.

In this case, resetting the Store cache can fix the problem, so make sure you do that by following the steps above.
  5. SammyVS Win User

DUDA SOBRE BACK 4 BLOOD / HELP IN BACK 4 BLOOD

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything.

5. Login with your account again in both apps and try again.
  6. SammyVS Win User

i can't use multiplayer (minecraft windows 10)

Got it.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Login with your account again in both apps

5. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything. After these steps try again.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store App

2. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  3. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  4. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  5. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  6. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  7. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  8. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  9. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  10. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...