Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to...

Discus and support Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hi, as described in the title, in the Xbox app, microsoft store, and other apps like minecraft, the currency displays as pounds. When using the web... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gulalu, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Gulalu
    Gulalu Guest

Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to...

hi,

as described in the title, in the Xbox app, microsoft store, and other apps like minecraft, the currency displays as pounds. When using the web client version of the store, it properly displays USD. my region setting in windows settings is correct, i live in eastern united states and that is what it is set to. I have reinstalled windows and this problem still occurs. this is incredibly frustrating.

i am generally pretty good with troubleshooting but have not found a solution for this online.

i have tried the account migration page, but that doesnt show what the existing region is, and it throws an error when trying to set it to english united states.

obviously ive tried reinstalling windows. i used the media creation tool and reset windows using the flash drive. wiped all files.

ive made a test purchase from the web store, in usd, and the purchased minecraft coins appeared in game immediately, even though in game the store shows pounds not usd.

xbox app

Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to... [​IMG]

xbox app doesnt show esrb

Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to... [​IMG]

microsoft store

microsoft store web store region

my billing addresses are all in the united states

windows 10 location

i made a ticket with microsoft/xbox and they suggested to reinstall the app. didnt work, waiting to hear back. Service Request: 7005893671

:)

Gulalu, Jul 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to purchase anything as a result

That's amazing!
    I'm glad to hear that finally everything is working as usual!
  3. Gulalu Win User

Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to purchase anything as a result

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do not have any 3rd party services as descirbed running on my pc, it is a fresh windows install

i tried connecting my pc to mobile hotspot, but the prices did not change currency, even after a reboot of windows

your 3rd suggestion.... worked!

[​IMG]

i changed this from united states to United kingdom, and back to united states. it restarted the store program, and its working as intended now!

thank you so much

woo hoo prices are what they should be, now!

[​IMG]

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

May I know if you're using a VPN, proxy, firewall or DNS filtering services?
    Sometimes those services are the ones causing the issue

Also, could be great if you try connecting your PC to a different wifi network to see how it goes.

By the way, try changing your PC región:
    Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.
    Under Country or region if you already have selected United States, change it temporarily to UK, restart your PC and change it again to US and see how it goes
    (also, try setting a different time zone or if you have it manually, leave time and time zone as automatic sync)

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gulalu

May I know if you're using a VPN, proxy, firewall or DNS filtering services?
    Sometimes those services are the ones causing the issue

Also, could be great if you try connecting your PC to a different wifi network to see how it goes.

By the way, try changing your PC región:
    Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.
    Under Country or region if you already have selected United States, change it temporarily to UK, restart your PC and change it again to US and see how it goes
    (also, try setting a different time zone or if you have it manually, leave time and time zone as automatic sync)

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
  5. Zackary Vanosdol Win User

Why is my Windows 10 Signing into my Xbox Account

All I can think of is that Minecraft for Xbox is a seperate entity than Minecraft for Windows 10.

So are you looking at Minecraft for Windows 10 in the Microsoft store, or are you in the Xbox app?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Appear to be offline to other player

Hi rizdek

Minecraft for Windows 10 through the Microsoft Store is not labeled as Xbox edition, which is the console only version of Minecraft that is no longer updated. The current version of Minecraft on the Xbox One is just titled "Minecraft" while on Windows it
    is labeled as Minecraft for Windows 10. Just to clear up any confusion.

Does it show a player is offline in-game when trying to invite friends on the menu inside Minecraft? Or do they show offline through the Xbox App or Xbox Console Companion app? Press Win key + G to open the game bar and then open the Social overlay and check
    if they show online there.
Thema:

1. Microsoft store, Xbox, and minecraft for windows 10.. apps show wrong currency, unable to... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store minecraft

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  4. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  5. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  6. Are Xbox Gift Cards from Amazon redeemable on the Microsoft store? i wish to buy Minecraft...

in XBoX on Windows
    Are Xbox Gift Cards from Amazon redeemable on the Microsoft store? i wish to buy Minecraft...: I don't have a credit card and i wish to buy the "Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC." from the Microsoft Store. I saw this on amazon which is an Xbox gift card and i wanted to know if...
  7. Is there a way to play Minecraft without logging in to the Microsoft store with the right...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to play Minecraft without logging in to the Microsoft store with the right...: Soooo, my situation is like this, I have more than one e-mails, one is used for private things and the other is like miscellaneous (games included). On private one, I have Windows 11 and use it on...
  8. Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?: Basically as title says, I keep getting the pop up because I have multiple accounts on the MS store but it never prevents me from playing Minecraft or anything so I’m wondering if it’s really...
  9. how to get minecraft education on windows 7 without microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to get minecraft education on windows 7 without microsoft store: i only got a windows 7 pc and i try updateing it to be a windows 10 but it got some problems so i need help on this can you help cuz of microsoft store i cant get it is there another way to get...
  10. Im locked out of minecraft and microsoft store but not my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im locked out of minecraft and microsoft store but not my microsoft account: I think my account got hacked on friday changing all my passwords and emails I managed to recover the account using the mobile phone verification but now I have acces to my account but it...