Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to...

Discus and support Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Its been more than 24h since my problem started and i hope someone can help me fix this. Two days ago I tried to play my game as usual, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AlonsoAgüero, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to...

Hello,

Its been more than 24h since my problem started and i hope someone can help me fix this.

Two days ago I tried to play my game as usual, but while loading and showing the message "checking for updates" the game showed error 0x80004005. I searched everywhere on the Forza forums and no one was able to troubleshoot my issue.

I decided to uninstall the game to do a clean install, and now the game wont download. I go to the microsoft store and hit install and nothing happens.

This is the list of things i've done to try to troubleshoot the issue:

- Updating Windows

- Sign out and sign from store, making sure date, & time zone is correct

- Try installing the game from "my library"

- Ran Windows Store Troubleshooter

- Clear store cache using wsreset command

- Repair/Reset store
    - Delete Windows Store local cache file: C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    - Restart Windows Update, Microsoft Store Install and background intelligence services through "Services" app

- Run Powershell command to delete, reinstall and reregister microsoft store

- Use CMD commands "sfc /scannow" and "Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

Nothing works. I just lost my game

:)

AlonsoAgüero, Apr 6, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to error 0x80004005

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello AlonsoAgüero, we have received some similar occurrences about Forza, if you are unable to reinstall after doing these procedures you will have to reinstall your system.
  3. atomgray88 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services

Hi Josef! Yes, I have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled gaming services through windows Powershell, but to no avail.

At the moment yes, Forza Horizon 5 is the only game that opens the Microsoft store gaming services page.
  4. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Forza Horizon 5 failing to launch

Check for updates: Make sure that Windows, the Microsoft Store, and Forza Horizon 5 are up to date with the latest updates and patches. This can often fix compatibility issues.

Reset the Microsoft Store cache: Sometimes, the Microsoft Store cache can become corrupted, causing issues with app downloads and installations. You can reset the cache by opening the Command Prompt as an administrator and running the following commands:

wsreset.exe

This will clear the Microsoft Store cache.

Reinstall Forza Horizon 5: If none of the above steps work, you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall Forza Horizon 5. This will ensure that all files and configurations are properly set up.

Check for conflicting software: Antivirus or firewall software can sometimes interfere with app installations. Try disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Forza Horizon 3 corrupted??

Hey there,

We recommend fully uninstalling Forza Horizon 3 by right clicking the game's tile within the Start Menu. After the game has been uninstalled, try searching for the game within the Windows Store and reinstall from the game's page.

Let us know how it goes!
Thema:

Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to...

1. Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store wont

2. microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on: I bought both ark genesis part 1 and part 2 on my Xbox as the were first released and I have had no problem downloading them before on windows 10 but when I recently tried reinstalling them it...
  3. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  4. Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps: Microsoft Store wont update or install Microsoft apps. I believe it needs to update itself to fix this but it cannot. I am trying to get xbox app after removing it because it was not working...
  5. Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install: Microsoft wont update and is just stuck saying "pending" and when it does say it is downloading it just stays at 1 percent. I just got this PC i tried to factory reset it did not work. And same...
  6. I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...: I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on another device? It also does not show in my purchase history and will only allow me to purchase it again from...
  7. hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.: it used to work, but now, it doesnt for some reasons. i ahve tried and done every single thing/soplutions on reddit and yt. please help me, i am struggling and i wanna play games. thank you!...
  8. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s: I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s b1e0e99e-f961-4d3b-aea1-17638ad054ca
  9. Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.: I have tried everything on forums. I see that it downloads gaming services then soon as it goes to install it. It throws a Error 0x80070005. I have watched youtube videos on it used command...
  10. My microsoft store wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft store wont work: My microsoft store doesn't work i open it and i can't install anything it says something wnet wrong and i press reload and the same thing and i exit and see the store installing when it reaches...