Microsoft store wont install fallout 76, other games install fine.

Discus and support Microsoft store wont install fallout 76, other games install fine. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had previously installed the game and it was running fine until I was updating it. during the update, it threw an error. I tried to restart the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pangchay, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Pangchay
    Pangchay Guest

I had previously installed the game and it was running fine until I was updating it. during the update, it threw an error. I tried to restart the update but it kept erroring. then after that MS store thought that I didn't have the game installed.

I uninstalled the game from the start menu and now when I try to install it again I just get a spinning circle. Other games will install with no problems.
    things I've tried so far:

- reset the store with the command prompt command "wsreset.exe"
    - apps and features reset and terminate
    - cleared store cache
    - uninstalled store, and reinstalled store along with all base apps using PowerShell.
    - log out of the store terminate using task manager open store login again

despite all these "fixes" I can't install fallout76

any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

Pangchay, Oct 28, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Pangchay,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

Based on your description, you are trying to install Fallout 76 through Microsoft Store and is unable to. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Since you have mentioned Microsoft Store, may we ask if you can try installing the game through Xbox app? Then to launch the game please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Xbox App.
    2. On the left pane where you see the games installed click on the 3 dots and choose to create a desktop shortcut.
    3. On the desktop, right click on the game and run as administrator
    4. Then see if the game works.
    Should you need to perform additional troubleshooting, please check this support article for the steps: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

If the issue persists, please reply to us back with the details and screenshot of the error message or code.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Pangchay,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Do you mind providing these details too?

Xbox app version and Gaming Services version - Please check those details by launching Xbox App > select Profile picture > Settings > About.

Just a confirmation, did you already perform the troubleshooting listed on this link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows ?

We look forward for your update.

Regards,

4. Pangchay Win User

hi no this does not work,

when I try to install it with the Xbox app it just says my drive locations are not set up for installing games.

when I try to change them so that they are by following the link nothing happens. it still says they are not set up for installing games. even after a pc restart....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Pangchay,

You're welcome.

We are glad to know that everything is working now.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Happy Gaming!

Regards,

6. Pangchay Win User

hi,
    sorry just done a few of them now and seems like uninstalling gaming services and then reinstalling with the PowerShell command solved the issue. game is now installing again.

Thanks for your help!
Thema:

1. Microsoft store wont install fallout 76, other games install fine. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store wont

2. microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on: I bought both ark genesis part 1 and part 2 on my Xbox as the were first released and I have had no problem downloading them before on windows 10 but when I recently tried reinstalling them it...
  3. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  4. Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps: Microsoft Store wont update or install Microsoft apps. I believe it needs to update itself to fix this but it cannot. I am trying to get xbox app after removing it because it was not working...
  5. Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install: Microsoft wont update and is just stuck saying "pending" and when it does say it is downloading it just stays at 1 percent. I just got this PC i tried to factory reset it did not work. And same...
  6. I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...: I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on another device? It also does not show in my purchase history and will only allow me to purchase it again from...
  7. hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.: it used to work, but now, it doesnt for some reasons. i ahve tried and done every single thing/soplutions on reddit and yt. please help me, i am struggling and i wanna play games. thank you!...
  8. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s: I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s b1e0e99e-f961-4d3b-aea1-17638ad054ca
  9. Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.: I have tried everything on forums. I see that it downloads gaming services then soon as it goes to install it. It throws a Error 0x80070005. I have watched youtube videos on it used command...
  10. My microsoft store wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft store wont work: My microsoft store doesn't work i open it and i can't install anything it says something wnet wrong and i press reload and the same thing and i exit and see the store installing when it reaches...