Microsoft Store Updates Nothing. Focus Gaming Services and XIP for GP

Discus and support Microsoft Store Updates Nothing. Focus Gaming Services and XIP for GP in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey. Have spent the last couple of weeks attempting to use all forms of troubleshooting I've seen around the web to get this issue fixed so I can play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SPainUK, Dec 5, 2022.

1. SPainUK
    SPainUK Guest

Hey. Have spent the last couple of weeks attempting to use all forms of troubleshooting I've seen around the web to get this issue fixed so I can play games on PC Xbox App with Gamepass. This is honestly becoming a major major joke.

The main issue I have is games crashing approximately 30s in to being loaded up. It seems that Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider not updating being the main culprit. They refuse to update, and I think Microsoft Store is actually refusing to update anything.

List of things I have completed:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled: Gaming services/XIP/Xbox App
    2. Resynchronised date + time
    3. Repaired and restarted all relevant apps in Settings > Apps
    4. Sign-out and sign-in with MS account on MS store
    5. Running Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
    6. Tried another DNS
    7. Run wsreset.exe
    8. Made myself owner of WindowsApps folder
    9. Checked Windows is up-to-date
    10. Made sure drivers are up-to-date
    11. Re-registered WS app with:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    12. Used System File Checker
    13. Uninstall gaming services with powershell:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    14. Deleted Gaming Services folders in RegEdit
    15. Completed a clean start-up
    16. Gone into Services and put all relevant services on Automatic and restarted them
    17. Performed System Reset with Windows 10 Download Tool
    I'm at the end of my rope with this, really need some assistance at this point.

:)

SPainUK, Dec 5, 2022
  2. SPainUK Win User

Scratch that, issue re-emerged last night, back to the same problem. Nothing changed on my end, Microsoft store refusing to update anything.
    POGGERS
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

But, you never used a USB drive to reinstall windows / the reinstallation was made using the PC itself?

If that’s the case please try that instead, the best option is always create a USB drive with the Windows installer on it
    If necessary use this tutorial
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Because based in your post description you tried basically everything
  4. LeonWu3 Win User

Hi did you manage to fix this? I am having the exact same issue, tried everything you listed as well but no success
  5. SPainUK Win User

Hey, Josef.

Ordered a USB and carried out the reinstall, worked finally, thanks for your help.
  6. SPainUK Win User

Hey, still no success I'm afraid. Will post back if I find a solution, please do the same.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Updates Nothing. Focus Gaming Services and XIP for GP - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Updates

2. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  3. Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont update or install microsoft apps: Microsoft Store wont update or install Microsoft apps. I believe it needs to update itself to fix this but it cannot. I am trying to get xbox app after removing it because it was not working...
  4. Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store and Xbox App wont update/install: Microsoft wont update and is just stuck saying "pending" and when it does say it is downloading it just stays at 1 percent. I just got this PC i tried to factory reset it did not work. And same...
  5. xbox apps will not update or download to the pc from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox apps will not update or download to the pc from the microsoft store.: Split from this thread. This still isn't working for me. What's the fix? I can't download or update the XBOX app through the store, nor will it download with the installer from XBOX. I'm on...
  6. xbox apps will not update or download to the pc from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox apps will not update or download to the pc from the microsoft store.: Update or loading xbox apps from the microsoft store hang on my new dell pc. Non xbox apps work. Spent 3 hours with dell technician trying various to fix this. Failed. Says it's a microsoft...
  7. My Microsoft store won't update to my Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft store won't update to my Xbox.: Microsoft store not updating to my Xbox series s. It's saying I need to repurchase a game to play. Yet they won't load the store for options. Should I just fully reset my Xbox and delete...
  8. Microsoft store been stuck on pending for Xbox app and a dozen other updates for hours but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store been stuck on pending for Xbox app and a dozen other updates for hours but...: Brought PC 2 days ago, I clicked on Microsoft Store and clicked install on Xbox app yesterday, it came up pending, I tried again this morning and it still says pending but there's also a dozen...
  9. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  10. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s: I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s b1e0e99e-f961-4d3b-aea1-17638ad054ca