Microsoft store says I don't own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, despite playing the game...

Discus and support Microsoft store says I don't own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, despite playing the game... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft Java Edtion in 2014. I claimed the Windows 10 Bedrock Edition for free when free codes were given to those who owned Java... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hajrah, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Hajrah
    Hajrah Guest

Microsoft store says I don't own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, despite playing the game...

I purchased Minecraft Java Edtion in 2014. I claimed the Windows 10 Bedrock Edition for free when free codes were given to those who owned Java Edition. I have played Windows 10 Bedrock Edition previously on my old laptop and had no issues whatsoever. I even have multiple achievements for the game.

However, when attempting to play on my new PC, the Microsoft store says I do not own the game and have to purchase it. I have the same associated email for my Minecraft Java account, Minecraft Bedrock account and Windows 10 login. Upon checking my billing history for my Microsoft account, there is nothing to do with Minecraft. I have recently migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account but I did not check before whether I could play Bedrock Edition. I checked on my old laptop and it also said I don't own Minecraft Bedrock. I am trying to recover access to my Bedrock Edition Minecraft account.

:)

Hajrah, Jan 20, 2022
  2. DerSkyless Win User

I can't install minecraft dungeons, but was able to buy it

Having an up-to-date version of Windows 10 does not guarantee that this game actually works on this computer. The system specifications must match at least the minimum requirements.

The Minecraft Dungeons Launcher is not the same version as the windows 10 microsoft store edition, that's why you're being sent to the minecraft website to buy it, since you don't own this version. If you go to https://www.minecraft.net/store/minecraft-dungeons-windows,
    you'll notice that there are three options to buy;

• Windows 7 and up: This is the Launcher Edition,
      which you probably do not own.
    • Windows 10: This is the Microsoft Store Edition,
      which you probably own.
    • Hero Edition - Windows 10: Also the version from the Microsoft store, but the premium edition.

Also note that the microsoft store also shows two versions of Minecraft Dungeons, additionally to the other versions that can be purchased on the minecraft website;

• Windows 10 Edition
    • Xbox One Edition

Make sure to have selected the correct edition of it, which is here: https://www.microsoft.com/p/minecraft-dungeons/9P8MK4NC0LJB
  3. EricGrano Win User

what to do if Microsoft store says you own this game when u don't own the game and wont let u install it

no , I don't have a Xbox and I'm trying to get the bedrock version on pc and I've seen videos of how to get it if u own java edition but they all say I have to get the Minecraft launcher on the windows store so I'm trying to get the Minecraft launcher on the Microsoft store but it say I own the game when I don't own it thank you for responding .
  4. Kinglez Win User

My account was charged for game pass for pc and it says i have it but i cant play Minecraft Java

As previously noted. Microsoft owns Minecraft, however Minecraft Java is not a Microsoft or Xbox game. The PC equivalent is “Minecraft Windows 10 edition” the Java version is a separate game not part of Minecraft bedrock, their-for not cross play with other devices.

Xbox owns W10 edition not Java edition
  5. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  6. mr olr Win User

Is there any way that I can do to purchase Minecraft Windows 10 Edition? I can only go to the local Retail Stores and the only available Giftcard is the Google Play Giftcard.

don't believe that Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is available on the google play store as they are android games and not PC games.
Thema:

1. Microsoft store says I don't own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, despite playing the game... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store says

2. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  3. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  4. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  5. It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...: I have been using this email for a while and have not experienced any problems, until now. I can sign into my account on the browser tab but when I try to sign into it on Minecraft or the...
  6. The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...: I've tried everything I could find and think of. I have windows 10, but the latest launcher is the previous one which doesn't have bedrock edition, all the previous updates and a few other...
  7. I bought the java and bedrock bundle on the microsoft store, but now its saying i need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the java and bedrock bundle on the microsoft store, but now its saying i need to...: I bought the Java and bedrock bundle on the Microsoft store. When they were installing I deleted/stopped the installation of Java as I didn't think my laptop would run it. Later I decided to try...
  8. I bought Diablo IV Ultimate Edition (Xbox), Microsoft Store says it's the Deluxe Version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Diablo IV Ultimate Edition (Xbox), Microsoft Store says it's the Deluxe Version: I bought Diablo IV Ultimate Edition (pre order) for Xbox. My Order History shows it is the Ultimate Edition, but when I try to download, the store says that I need to buy it. Checking the other...
  9. I have bought games from the Microsoft store but when go to play the games it says I need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bought games from the Microsoft store but when go to play the games it says I need...: I have bought games from the Microsoft store but when go to play the games it says I need to buy the games 547f5025-e3c7-4924-84a0-53dcccf0dd63
  10. In Microsoft Store, Roblox app, I cannot find the play button, it says I owned it but I do...

in XBoX on Windows
    In Microsoft Store, Roblox app, I cannot find the play button, it says I owned it but I do...: [img] [img] If you are wondering if I have it in my App, I do not, when I went to the library, there is no Roblox app in it. When I went to App in setting, there is no Roblox in it. I inputted...