Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification

Discus and support Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon, The service I have received from Microsoft today has been completely unsatisfactory. I requested a refund for a product purchased in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by amimmortal, Apr 7, 2020.

1. amimmortal
    amimmortal Guest

Good afternoon,

The service I have received from Microsoft today has been completely unsatisfactory.

I requested a refund for a product purchased in error for the Xbox One platform, via the Windows 10 Microsoft Store. This request was denied because "[Microsoft's] refund policy does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or
    consumed
    "

The ticket ID is [Mod Removed]

This content was purchased, in error, for the Xbox One platform
    – I do not own an Xbox One, so it is not possible for me to install it, play it or consume it as your response indicates

My daughter had navigated to the purchase page via the Microsoft Store on her Windows 10 PC, at which point is was not obvious to me that the game was actually for the Xbox One. Quite why someone would purchase an Xbox One game via the Windows store
    is beyond me...

I noticed the error immediately and requested the refund on the same day of purchase. As such I am entitled to a refund and I would ask that you attend to this as quickly as possible.

The fact that I can no longer raise this request, or contact Microsoft via the support options, indicate a somewhat cavalier attitude to customer service, and my rights as a consumer.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Andrew Clarke.

:)

amimmortal, Apr 7, 2020
  2. JPJCR Win User

I would recommend appealing the decision.

Have you had a recent refund within the past year?

You’d have the contact the customer service panel for those side of things as we do not deal with purchases or refunds!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you requested a refund for a digital game, but the refund was denied. Also, you would like to appeal the decision that was made. The moderators, volunteer moderators and ambassadors do not have
    the ability to manage refunds or the billing section of a Microsoft account. The best option in this scenario is to appeal the decision by responding to the email that was sent. Please provided as much detail as possible in the email, and you will receive
    a follow up email. We hope this information helps Andrew!
  4. PrefacedWaif159 Win User

Microsoft will not have unjustifiably say no to refunding content iv had this debate with them many times. All digital content is none refundable and doesn't comply with refund rules there for such preorder content and digital content is once charged is
    not going to get a refund endorsed by microsoft because compliance says no. Your next step would be going through arbitration which can be a costly experience.
  5. amimmortal Win User

Hi,

How would one contact the "customer service panel", and what exactly is this?

Thanks.

A.
  6. amimmortal Win User

Hi,

Bear in mind I've only resorted to this forum because it seems there is no other way to contact Microsoft.

I have replied to the e-mail, though it should be noted that at no point in the e-mail does it suggest the course of action if I am unhappy with the initial response.

No doubt the e-mail will disappear off into the ether.

Thanks.

A.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Refund

2. Request for a refund for an unauthorised transaction on Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request for a refund for an unauthorised transaction on Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft, I had an unauthorised transaction on my Xbox console when purchasing a game with a gift card with my Microsoft account balance, but $14.95 was charged to my debit card on my...
  3. I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...: I cant get a refund on a game that i gifted. My friend cant redeem the code because i bought the game from the Canadian Microsoft store and hes in the USA. The game is not showing on my purchases...
  4. HELP!!! I made a 597.09 purchase in microsoft store and they wont refund or send a replacement.

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP!!! I made a 597.09 purchase in microsoft store and they wont refund or send a replacement.: HELP!!! I made a 597.09 purchase in Microsoft store and they won't refund or send a replacement. I made a purchase a week ago and never received my package. I called Microsoft to report that I...
  5. Microsoft Physical Store Gift Card Refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Physical Store Gift Card Refund: Hi, I saw other posts regarding getting a wired refund for Physical gift cards they received in the Microsoft stores before they closed down but now the phone number listed does not allow me to...
  6. Can't install the game from Microsoft store and request refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install the game from Microsoft store and request refund: Hi, i purchased a Creaks game from Microsoft store. Then seemly I can't even install it.its appears nothing. And i decide to request a refund but sadly i can't see any link for request refund for...
  7. Get a refund for a purchase in the Microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Get a refund for a purchase in the Microsoft store: Bought the wrong version of the lane and requested the return of funds. They approved but on the 'Order Journal' page it hangs in the order details 4 points where 1) Subtotal - the amount. 2)...
  8. i bought skate 3 on microsoft store and vant play it ?? and cant refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought skate 3 on microsoft store and vant play it ?? and cant refund: bought skate 3 on microsoft store and now i cant play it and i cannot refund it 1b231d32-65e2-412c-a161-3978bba4a767
  9. No refund/refund issue with Microsoft Store online - PayPal dispute advice needed please!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No refund/refund issue with Microsoft Store online - PayPal dispute advice needed please!: Hi All, I hope you are doing well ? Problem: I bought a Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S 2 weeks ago but decided to cancel the order the very same day it was placed (I thought...
  10. Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please could anyone offer advice on trying to obtain a refund on a Microsoft Store purchase...: Hi, could anyone possibly help? I recently purchased some Apex Legends Coins and as the process was going through it came up with an error message and when I then checked in-game, no coins had...