Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps

Discus and support Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was having an issue with the system update not going through but I did an offline update. Now that I have access to my Xbox, every app I try to open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jarod Mays, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Jarod Mays
    Jarod Mays Guest

I was having an issue with the system update not going through but I did an offline update. Now that I have access to my Xbox, every app I try to open says “app took too long to start (error code:0x8027025a)”

I’ve tried resetting, I’ve tried power cycling, I’ve done just about everything the troubleshooting routes had to offer but it’s still happening. I lost all my games and apps resetting by accident, I can’t find anything on this issue that I’m having. I’m completely in the dark here.

:)

Jarod Mays, Feb 12, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Cannot get Halo Wars 2 to launch

I understand, please check if the game has a game update that needs to be installed from the Microsoft store. Open the Microsoft store app then go to library > Get updates.
  3. Goldorak 64 Win User

brand new Xbox X doesn't update any games.

Hi,

I can’t access the Microsoft store or download update for any of my games.

The message are different from

Can’t access try later

Update can’t be done at the moment.

I can’t send you photos sorry
  4. scottsfree1 Win User

My xbox app error code 0x404

Hello Teknodo

is there any chance that your xbox app or microsoft store needs an update ?

to check open your microsoft store app and click the more icon in the top right ( looks like this ....) then click downloads and updates then click get updates

and update the apps if needed , this happened to me before and this fixed it. Hope it helps
  5. andersonpassos Win User

need help on minecraft dungeons.

Run the Microsoft Store Troubleshooter, windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter for the Microsoft Store that can automatically diagnose and fix issues. To run the troubleshooter, open the Settings app, select Update & Security, then Troubleshoot, and finally, Windows Store Apps.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft order does not appear in library or available to download

I see, let's try this instead:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with the account that owns the game and verify if the game appears (check on both Xbox app and Microsoft store, on the Microsoft store search directly for the game)
Thema:

1. Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps - Similar Threads - Microsoft store has

2. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...
  3. I can't open Roblox Microsoft Store version after quaranting the virus it has alot of hkey...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't open Roblox Microsoft Store version after quaranting the virus it has alot of hkey...: I don't have any restore point, i tried to recover it by apps , cmd ,PowerShell but noting works. Itried to repair it reinstall it but noting changed am i missing some files ?...
  4. SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.: Hi all, I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition for PC. I got the game from CDKeys as it was a lot cheaper. After I got my activation key as you know, to download the game I had to...
  5. Roblox from the microsoft store has stopped working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox from the microsoft store has stopped working.: Recently my Roblox from the microsoft store has stopped working it would open then immediatly close. 07425504-abe2-4ed1-b02a-19a87ee4e827
  6. I can't seem to get microsoft store to process purchases even though it has all the correct...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't seem to get microsoft store to process purchases even though it has all the correct...: When trying to purchase a game such as even the xbox game pass. I gett a screen that reads "Try again later Something happened on our end." But i can Minecraft through their app and through my...
  7. Friend on XBOX has the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock, but the microsoft store says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend on XBOX has the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock, but the microsoft store says...: Title says it. I want to play Minecraft with my friend, but she's on 1.18.12.xxxx whatever, and my version is 1.18.102.0. The microsoft store says MY version is the latest version (which obviously...
  8. Microsoft store version of Destiny 2 has MASSIVE fps drops whenever I make an input

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store version of Destiny 2 has MASSIVE fps drops whenever I make an input: I have the Steam version of Destiny 2 and when I heard the Game Pass version has all DLCs. I bought WQ Deluxe as I thought Game Pass plus WQ was the way to go. Now the Microsoft store version has...
  9. New Xbox game pass interface has a bug! And Microsoft store has a bug! Downloads in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox game pass interface has a bug! And Microsoft store has a bug! Downloads in a...: Firstly my purchased games are now not showing in the game pass interface, and secondly the Microsoft store has a bug where downloads are stuck in a pending/resuming loop. These are obviously bugs...
  10. Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons: Subject is pretty self explanatory but here have a picture of it I guess It won't open or anything Any ideas on why this is happening or how I could fix it? Thanks! Also I couldn't find any...