Microsoft store/gamepass video games Reinstall themselves even though i never uninstalled...

Discus and support Microsoft store/gamepass video games Reinstall themselves even though i never uninstalled... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; basically when ever i get updates to games and and start to install them eventually the update becomes a full reinstall of the games that updated is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Caelan05, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Caelan05
    Caelan05 Guest

Microsoft store/gamepass video games Reinstall themselves even though i never uninstalled...

basically when ever i get updates to games and and start to install them
    eventually the update becomes a full reinstall of the games that updated
    is there anyway to stop this happening?
    or a explanation on why it is?
    its becoming really frustrating because i want to play ARK:SE and that game is 168 GB so reinstalling that in a timely matter is impossible

:)

Caelan05, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Microsoft store/gamepass video games Reinstall themselves even though i never uninstalled them in the first place

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First try to reset the Store

- Go to settings by pressing the Windows + i keys

- Navigate to Apps >>> Applications and features.

- Select the Microsoft Store application and then click Advanced Options.

- Click the Reset button.

- Confirm the reset by clicking on Reset again.

- Check the store and see if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't work, then try to clear the Store cache;

- Try and press the "Windows + r" keys and type "wsreset.exe" (without the quotes)

- A command prompt window will pop up and close after a few seconds.

- When the Store automatically check if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't help, next you can try to run the troubleshooter

— Go to Settings by pressing Windows + i

— Navigate to Update & Security >>> Troubleshooting.

— Then select Windows Store Applications then choose the Run Troubleshooter.

— It will launch and check for problems with the Microsoft Store. If it detects a problem, follow its recommendations to fix it.

— When you're done, open the Store and check if the issue is resolved

Last step is to reinstall the Store

— Run Windows PowerShell as administrator. (Right click on the start button and click on 'Windows Shell - Admin)

— Now to reinstall the Store, Copy and paste this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register '$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \\ AppXManifest.xml'}

— Open the Microsoft Store and check if the issue has been resolved.
  3. Lucas Chai Win User

HELP! Game has 0KB update

Hey, for anyone experiencing this, uninstalling and then going to your games {in the games and apps} and reinstall from there not from gamepass.
    I had purchased the game from the Microsoft store and I still have the issue. I have 2 Minecraft applications and one of them keeps giving me a 0KB update. I can’t uninstall it though.
  4. OwenRomero Win User

Xbox one s network transfer

In the Microsoft store, does it show the game as "already owned"? Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from the store?
    No, When i go to the store it says to buy it. Its downloaded on the xbox will give me an option to uninstall where my games and apps are even though it says i need to install it
  5. BubMizer Win User

Microsoft Store Games Are Uninstalling Themselves.

Hey,

I looked for a solution to your problem and I found this site that may have the solution to your question.

It suggests first a hard reset, then if unsuccessful, clear your cache, or uninsall game and reinstall.

Here isthelink to the site:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/xbox-one-uninstalling-deleting-games/amp

I hope this helps, I do not have contact with higher ups, but still hope everything gets resolved.

As to why this occures, unfortunatly I am not sure but if I find anything out I will post an update.

Have a nice day.
  6. Mister Kellogg Win User

Games uninstalling themselves and won't reinstall

Hi CT UNC,

When you are able to let's try a cold boot of the console by unplugging it for a full 5 minutes. Are you seeing these games being removed still, are you using an external hard drive by chance?

Thank you.
Thema:

1. Microsoft store/gamepass video games Reinstall themselves even though i never uninstalled... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store gamepass

2. Missing Store, gamepass, microsoft rewards and all other sections on home screen.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Store, gamepass, microsoft rewards and all other sections on home screen.: Is anyone else having the problem of all the sections on the home screen missing and the only ones that show are games and add more? And when I try to add them back to says my list is full....
  3. Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.: I bought and own Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store in 2018. I have played it for years, but now I get the error "Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current, try...
  4. Destiny 2, GamePass, Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2, GamePass, Microsoft Store: I purchused the Destiny 2 "Witch Queen" DLC on the Xbox app. I was able to play the dlc/game fine until the game was removed from Game Pass, I have tried reinstalling the game, the Xbox app,...
  5. Launching my gamepass games directs me Gaming Services in the microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Launching my gamepass games directs me Gaming Services in the microsoft store: Ive searched for this topic and have tried many troubleshooting options. Ive tried resetting both the gaming services and Microsoft store in my settings. Ive used registry editor and windows...
  6. GamePass Launches Microsoft Store (Gaming Services)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GamePass Launches Microsoft Store (Gaming Services): Dear All, I have been a long term GamePass user so I am used to its occasional wobbles. However for the last few weeks I have been unable to use the service at all, as whenever I go to launch a...
  7. Sign in loop in Microsoft Store and Xbox GamePass app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in loop in Microsoft Store and Xbox GamePass app: So when I try to sign in with my account in any of the apps mentioned in the title, I enter the password, I click enter and then it takes me back to reenter my password. I tried using different...
  8. Microsoft store refuses to allow me to play any games installed through gamepass [Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store refuses to allow me to play any games installed through gamepass [Error...: I've tried this across multiple games, I've reset apps, run a number of commands through PowerShell, command prompt, and followed at least six different guides from this thread to no avail. The...
  9. Can't play Halo Infinite on Gamepass PC or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Halo Infinite on Gamepass PC or Microsoft Store: I've been trying to play Halo Infinite through Gamepass on my PC, I have both the base game and campaign installed plus the high res texture packs. But when I click play on either Gamepass (both...
  10. Gamepass app & Microsoft store. Why cant these games be combined on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass app & Microsoft store. Why cant these games be combined on PC?: Hi there, I'm just wondering why i cant add the games i bought through the MS store on PC to the xbox app on PC so i can track my achievements and what not. It seems ridiculous that this is not...