Microsoft store and xbox app wont install games likely because of gaming services

Discus and support Microsoft store and xbox app wont install games likely because of gaming services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys ive just about had it with microsoft store and xbox app, I have spent a whole day trying to install just a few recent games that I purchased on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PeterVine1, Jan 27, 2023.

1. PeterVine1
    PeterVine1 Guest

Microsoft store and xbox app wont install games likely because of gaming services

Hi guys ive just about had it with microsoft store and xbox app, I have spent a whole day trying to install just a few recent games that I purchased on the store, whenever I try install a game it will get stuck at pending, installing or downloading, when absolutely nothing happens, occasionally I get error codes like 0x87E00196 and tried every step like remove gaming services from registry, reinstalling microsoft store, xbox app and gaming services at the same time, and using the powershell for most of this, it just doesnt work, tried file checker and DSM check as well where there was no issues, also tried using winget but nothing ever works. I have no idea how to check the log files properly but something is messed up.

Edit:

The games I want to install and play are Forza Horizon 5, and the Skywalker saga, and the requirements for forza 5 is 4gb RAM which I dont have as im using an r9 270, which is around 10 years old but it doesn't tell me that thats what the issue is, however this might be the cause as forza horizon 4 seems to install now

:)

PeterVine1, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

You've checked the updates, and also try following the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. PeterVine1 Win User

I am running the latest version of windows 11
  4. PeterVine1 Win User

Hi there thanks for your reply, I have tried many times to uninstall and reinstall games services from various places and it still will not play nicely

I have got a very similar situation to the problem that that guy had however im running a very different setup to him which may be part of the cause
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Pete, esse tipo de erro as vezes está relacionado ao serviço de jogos da Microsoft, tente seguir os procedimentos abaixo propostos por um colega da nossa comunidade.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, try to check if your system has the latest system version at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
Thema:

1. Microsoft store and xbox app wont install games likely because of gaming services - Similar Threads - Microsoft store app

2. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  3. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  4. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  5. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  6. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  7. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  8. Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start: Hi iv been having an issue with my windows 10 pc. I have the xbox app loaded onto my pc to run the gamepass games. About a week ago the xbox app and the microsoft store started taking forever to...
  9. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...
  10. windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...: windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and forza horizon 4 beacuse its write for me that "you may not proceed without being signed in to a profile"...