Microsoft store and buying things

Discus and support Microsoft store and buying things in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to buy a game from the Microsoft store (or test buying it, to see if I could use a gift card on it before redeeming one on Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by _144, Jan 3, 2022.

1. _144
    _144 Guest

Hello, I am trying to buy a game from the Microsoft store (or test buying it, to see if I could use a gift card on it before redeeming one on Microsoft rewards) but every time I click the buy button, it redirects me to this page:

Why can’t I change my privacy settings? | Xbox Support

I am not current in a Microsoft/Xbox family, but I created one of which I was the organiser of a while ago and have since removed myself from it.

Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can fix it?

:)

_144, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

If you're a minor even if you're the organizer it will not work, you need to be added as a member to a family group organized by an adult.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If you're still a minor you need to have an organizer in managing your settings. They need to turn off the restriction for your spending for it to work.

Kindly ask an adult to add you as a member by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family for them to manage it for you.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Buying things on microsft store.

Hello Ako Kurashiki,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that the issue you are describing here should be address to the dedicated support team to get the best resolution to your concern. We will help you how to get there.

To contact Microsoft Store support team, follow the steps below:

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern. We will be closing this thread here in community forum because your concern will be taken cared by the dedicated team.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Flymonkey102 Win User

Reward points

Buying things on the Store or in a physical Microsoft Store or Game Pass quests are a good way. Always check the daily offers and you'll have points in no time.
  6. GroundOregano94 Win User

Can i buy anything else with an xbox live gift card?

You can buy anything in xbox store or Microsoft online store. Games, movies, apps, DLCs and many other things. Be aware, gift cards, once redeemed, expire in 3 months. And things must be bought with your account. Another thing. You can use money from gift
    cards to buy someone a gift.
Thema:

1. Microsoft store and buying things - Similar Threads - Microsoft store buying

2. Are Xbox Gift Cards from Amazon redeemable on the Microsoft store? i wish to buy Minecraft...

in XBoX on Windows
    Are Xbox Gift Cards from Amazon redeemable on the Microsoft store? i wish to buy Minecraft...: I don't have a credit card and i wish to buy the "Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC." from the Microsoft Store. I saw this on amazon which is an Xbox gift card and i wanted to know if...
  3. Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store: Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store. And if so how do I do that? 5112aeb9-2c7c-43cf-8e7c-96d04b001e66
  4. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  5. When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox...: I want to buy Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s addition but when hovering over the button that says by 39.99 it reads not playable on this device? My Xbox One x edition? Why is this is it just...
  6. Hello! I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store with my Microsoft balance.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store with my Microsoft balance.: I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store. I put the money in the Microsoft balance but it doesn’t let me buy it in Fortnite or Microsoft store so can someone please help me?...
  7. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  8. If I buy Ark: Survival Ascended on the Microsoft store on my PC, will I be able to use it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy Ark: Survival Ascended on the Microsoft store on my PC, will I be able to use it...: I want to know for this game to see where I buy it. 1ffa5418-cd83-417f-a19c-bd8a7e1272b1
  9. Microsoft Store asks me to buy it again Sea of Thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store asks me to buy it again Sea of Thieves: hello i bougt 3-4 year back sea of thieves and now i want play but when i want setup there is no download or instal button just the price of the game I don't want to buy it again pls help me...
  10. Can i add my Pakistani Debit or credit card in microsoft store to buy games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i add my Pakistani Debit or credit card in microsoft store to buy games: I lived in karachi pakistan and i have an id of microsoft through which i had login into my xbox and pc dffb999b-fd44-4b89-98b8-498ef194dde1