Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change

Discus and support Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I recently changed the email address I use as my Microsoft account. Now, when I go to play... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ed_in_OR, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Ed_in_OR
    Ed_in_OR Guest

I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

I recently changed the email address I use as my Microsoft account. Now, when I go to play Microsoft Solitaire Collection it tells me that it cannot log into Xbox Live. This keeps me from accumulating additional gameplay under my Xbox Live account. If I go to my Microsoft Account everything (including XBOX) looks OK.

The symptoms are:

1. I start Solitaire

2. A windows pops up over the Solitaire game showing my correct Xbox User Name. The Window has two buttons: "Switch Account" and "Let's Play"

3. I click "Let's Play" and I am taken to the main Solitaire window. But, in the upper-right corner where it usually shows my Xbox User Name it shows "Sign In" with a red "!"

4. I have tried selecting "Switch Account" from #2 above but it doesn't help.

5. The error code shown in the message when it can't connect is 808235.

6. I have tried resetting and uninstalling/reinstalling Solitaire but no joy.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to remedy this situation.

Thanks.

:)

Ed_in_OR, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Ed_in_OR Win User

Thanks for the response. I had already tried your suggestions based on previous Google searches I had done for this issue. I have now contacted Microsoft Casual Games support.
  3. Ed_in_OR Win User

Thanks for checking in. Still no joy. I've tried everything I know to do -- uninstalled/reinstalled, reset the Solitaire and XBOX Windows Apps, checked my Microsoft Account (which shows my XBOX account as being OK), etc.

I'm now waiting for a response from the Casual Gaming Tech Support. I received an auto-response that they have a small team and are very busy so I don't expect to see a response for awhile.

I will post back with the solution if I get it fixed.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Did you send a ticket to the game support already?
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Close your game.
    - Check to verify that you are connected to the internet.
    - Toggle your internet on/off so the app can reconnect.
    - Open the "app store" on your device and check for updates.
    - Perform any updates needed.
    - Check Xbox Live Status https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status. Ensure all services are ‘normal’.
    - Launch the Xbox App on your device.
    - Windows: search for Xbox Companion Console or Xbox App on your device
    iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xbox/id736179781
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...
    - Ensure you are signed into the Xbox App.
    If not, sign in to connect.
    If so, sign out and back in to reconnect.
    - Restart your device from the power menu.
    - Relaunch game.

For more assistance contact Microsoft Casual Games support here https://microsoftcasualgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-...
  6. (Jerald) Win User

X-Box Live and Microsoft Solitaire Collection

I changed my email on all my accounts including Microsoft and X-Box. I can log on to all of the accounts, but Microsoft Solitaire Collection still does not connect via X-Box Live.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change - Similar Threads - Microsoft Solitaire Won't

2. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  3. Microsoft Solitaire Collection still requiring "internet connection" when connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection still requiring "internet connection" when connected to...: I have checked for updates. I have reset the application. I have checked my xbox platform updates. I have even uninstalled, powered down my computer, started my computer back up and reinstalled...
  4. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  5. Cannot access my Microsoft Solitaire Collection on new ASUS laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot access my Microsoft Solitaire Collection on new ASUS laptop: I've tried everything I can think of, tried to add my new ASUS laptop to Microsoft but it only allows for Surface products; tried to add it through Xbox, same thing. Tried to download the...
  6. microsoft solitaire collection crashes when changing theme on iphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft solitaire collection crashes when changing theme on iphone: microsoft solitaire collection keeps crashing today, this happens every time I try to change the theme because out of nowhere the theme suddenly returned to the original setting. I also have...
  7. How to reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection game statistics stored on cloud for my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection game statistics stored on cloud for my account: Windows 10 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Game This game is signed in with my Microsoft account and all my game statistics are stored on cloud. I want to reset all Microsoft solitaire...
  8. I redeemed my Microsoft rewards for one year of Microsoft Solitaire once but received two...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed my Microsoft rewards for one year of Microsoft Solitaire once but received two...: I redeemed my Microsoft rewards for one year of Microsoft Solitaire once but received two separate years. Your system will only allow me to redeem one year. How can I get my points back?...
  9. Microsoft solitaire custom card display size too small

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft solitaire custom card display size too small: Hey everyone, just got a Z fold 3 and wanted to play some solitaire on it. As I customized my cards I noticed they are way smaller than they are on my tablet, is there any way I can change this?...
  10. microsoft mahjong and solitaire collection won't play

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft mahjong and solitaire collection won't play: when i try to play microsoft mahjong and solitaire collection the main screens load but the games don't play i have uninstalled and reinstalled the games and still nothing happens...