Microsoft Security

Discus and support Microsoft Security in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft, id like to know why every time I log into my Xbox to kick back and relax I have to go through a maximum security sign in with built in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Seth Dubose, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Seth Dubose
    Seth Dubose Guest

Microsoft Security

Hey Microsoft, id like to know why every time I log into my Xbox to kick back and relax I have to go through a maximum security sign in with built in Retina scans, fingerprint readers, and voice activation. There’s more protection on my Xbox 1 from 2016 than there is on the presidential gate to the white house. Even after disabling most settings I my Xbox still fears that some Russian espionage agent might try to come into my house to gather info on my rainbow 6 siege stats. My Xbox hasn’t moved for years I’m beginning to think that whatever 1955 Soviet technology the security programs run on are a bit unnecessary and create too much of a hassle. I mean if I want to log in and play I shouldn’t have to go through a 10 minute process where my Xbox sends a sample of my DNA to bill gates himself to make sure I am the correct owner. We should really work on this team, it’s the biggest feature that just pushes me further and further away from Xbox and closer to ANYTHING else when I decide to log on anytime I can stomach the wait.

:)

Seth Dubose, Mar 18, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft Security

If you read through this forum for a short time, you'll see many people every day with stolen accounts

That's why security is the way it is.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Security

Hello Seth Dubose,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

Thanks for bringing this into our attention. We know you needed answer why you have to go through series of verification of your Microsoft account upon logging into the Xbox. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. May we know if you are referring to Xbox Console or Xbox app for mobile or Xbox app for PC?
    2. Is this the first time you will add/link your account on Xbox?
      • If you were referring to Xbox Console, is it Xbox 360, Xbox One X|S or Xbox Series X|S?
    3. May we know what series of maximum security did you go through?
    4. Did you by any chance turned on the two-step verification on for your account?
    5. How many steps asked before you to enter your password, followed by a verification code to be sent to your phone number or secondary email, or the Microsoft Authenticator code or enter the recovery code?
      • Were you really asked to do scans of fingerprints or retina and voice activation, could this be a PC security or what device?

There is a two-step verification method to every Microsoft account and as the account owner, you can enable or disable this feature from your account's security page. Here is the support article regarding two-step verification. Link: How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Security

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

Microsoft Account / Security

6. BriceMcMillan Win User
Thema:

Microsoft Security

1. Microsoft Security - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security

2. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  3. How to keep Microsoft account secured?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to keep Microsoft account secured?: Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account....
  4. Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...: Someone managed to grab hold of my account and add their alias account in the security info and deleted the original security info. Is there any way to recover my account back?...
  5. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.: Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought...
  6. How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??: I sent a email (that i wouldn’t like to get into details) to Microsoft@security and its nearly been a month do they ever respond 0f61ef18-0f88-4e9f-a702-3b97066c50da
  7. I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...: I tried opening my Minecraft launcher and log into my Microsoft account, i have the email password and everything but it says my account isn't secure and needs verification, so i tried that. It...
  8. Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security: Are there any licensed security apps for the xbox 360? I am okay with 3rd party I just would prefer one that Microsoft gives. I heard Microsoft has stopped security updates. Which companies sell...
  9. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  10. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?: Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled...