Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft 2 years after I bought it. What do I do?

Discus and support Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft 2 years after I bought it. What do I do? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft about two years ago, when the migration happened I migrated with no issues and for a long time, I had no issues. Then about a month... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Warren Carlson, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft 2 years after I bought it. What do I do?

I bought Minecraft about two years ago, when the migration happened I migrated with no issues and for a long time, I had no issues. Then about a month ago I try to log in and it says that I need parental consent to log in. I am using Lunar Client and find that you need parental consent for a minor account. I also know that once a minor account hits the age of 13 you can change the age manually. unfortunately the account I migrated my account to was a very young one and I cannot change the age for a while. The big problem is I went to the Minecraft website to try to see if there is a faster way to fix it and now the site says that I do not own Minecraft. I go to the default launcher and it says the same thing. I have tried everything I can but still cannot figure out why I don't seem to own Minecraft anymore.

:)

Warren Carlson, Nov 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Warren

Just to confirm, may I know if you tried everything from this article?
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...
  3. Warren Carlson Win User

Yes, I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas from that article.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I bought Minecraft years ago, and now it says I don't own it.

Hi Tyler, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please, open the Microsoft Store on your computer.

Then, click on Library > Games.

On the far right corner, click on the drop-down menu and uncheck "Show only installed Apps".

I hope this helps.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

Minecraft says I do not own it

Hi, Derick. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try using the other version of the launcher which can be downloaded from this link, https://launcher.mojang.com/download/MinecraftI...

Let me know if it works.
  6. Otherosprey5 Win User

It says i do not own a game i bought

Thanks for letting me know, its a disappointing answer to my question but at least i wont have to keep looking
Thema:

1. Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft 2 years after I bought it. What do I do? - Similar Threads - Microsoft says don't

2. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  3. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  4. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  5. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  6. I got an email this morning saying that Microsoft had initiated a refund request. I haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I got an email this morning saying that Microsoft had initiated a refund request. I haven’t...: I got this email this morning saying that Microsoft had initiated my refund request providing a reference number and everything. I compared the email that I received this morning to a previous...
  7. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...
  8. Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft despite migrating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft despite migrating: Back in 2021 I successfully migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft and have been playing on it. Ever since getting a new PC when I logged in it says I don't own Minecraft. I tried calling, but...
  9. I bought two games, I redeemed and when on Microsoft store says I don't own the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought two games, I redeemed and when on Microsoft store says I don't own the games: I bought two games, Minecraft Legends and Minecraft Dunegons Ultimate Edition. I redeemed the code on the microsoft website, I was signed in. When I went to the microsoft store to install it, It...
  10. Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do: I tried to buy Sonic Adventure 2 on my Xbox today and it keeps saying I don't own the game. It deducted money from my Microsoft account, and it's in my purchase history, but it doesn't say I own...