microsoft rewards phone verification

Discus and support microsoft rewards phone verification in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; just wondering; why does microsoft/bing rewards need a phone verification when i try to redeem my points? wouldn't an email suffice?.. i'm really... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by MeridianWolf, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MeridianWolf
    MeridianWolf Guest

just wondering; why does microsoft/bing rewards need a phone verification when i try to redeem my points?

wouldn't an email suffice?.. i'm really baffled why you want to know my phone number so bad.

i'd cash in a lot more points on the simple little stuff, if i didn't have to do this stupid procedure.

:)

MeridianWolf, Jan 4, 2018
  2. kitorionn
    kitorionn Guest
    Phone Verification

I've been trying to message friends on Xbox Live for PC all day and it has given me the same problem saying something about not having a phone verification. I have re-setup and verified my phone information 3 times know over the period of 10 hours and still
    I can not use the message feature on Xbox Live.

kitorionn, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Phone number verification?

Hey there chumcool,

If you need to call phone support, navigate over to our
    Contact Us
    page. If you have any Xbox Support related questions, feel free to make a new thread detailing what you're experiencing/need help with. This way we can cater our support specifically to you! Thanks! microsoft rewards phone verification :)

Miss Diggz, Jan 4, 2018
  4. microsoft rewards phone verification

Hi MeridianWolf

The phone verification is there for your security. Microsoft does not use your phone number for advertising, telemarketing, or anything other than to send you a code before your redemption. This is just to ensure it really is you spending your points and
    not someone who has hacked your account. A hacker wouldn't have access to your phone, so this is why it is the preferred method over email. I hope that helps explain things better and put your mind at ease that your phone number will not be shared or used
    in any other way other than for the security code.

Hit Upvote if this Helps!

Darkhawk Ninja, Jan 4, 2018
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Also, for help with the Microsoft Rewards program, it's best to contact their customer support via their redemption page. The Xbox Rewards program is not the same.

Smwutches, Jan 4, 2018
  6. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Hello MeridianWolf,

This forum is for Xbox Live Rewards issues. The Microsoft Rewards program is a separate program, so we are not fully informed on their issues. You should try contacting their support team via the Microsoft Rewards website.

XBLRewards8, Nov 3, 2018
  7. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello MeridianWolf,

This forum is for Xbox Live Rewards issues. The Microsoft Rewards program is a separate program, so we are not fully informed on their issues. You should try contacting their support team via the Microsoft Rewards website.
  8. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Hi MeridianWolf

The phone verification is there for your security. Microsoft does not use your phone number for advertising, telemarketing, or anything other than to send you a code before your redemption. This is just to ensure it really is you spending your points and
    not someone who has hacked your account. A hacker wouldn't have access to your phone, so this is why it is the preferred method over email. I hope that helps explain things better and put your mind at ease that your phone number will not be shared or used
    in any other way other than for the security code.

Hit Upvote if this Helps!
  9. Smwutches Win User

Also, for help with the Microsoft Rewards program, it's best to contact their customer support via their redemption page. The Xbox Rewards program is not the same.
  10. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Microsoft rewards phone number verification not working.

Hi Frank! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Rewards. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Try to use a different device such as a mobile phone or PC/laptop upon adding your phone number to see if it works.

If you're still unable to add your phone number, this may be due to the number you're adding is already associated with a different Microsoft account.

Kindly try to add a different phone number and please make sure that the number is not associated with any Microsoft account.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  11. Hoskayra Win User

Microsoft Phone Verification Issues.

Hello Holden,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, doing a search on the internet I found that the independent advisor Joice_924 has a solution, I will leave him his information so that he can find out about the solution.

You can try to solve your problem by following the steps I will follow.

the only email about your contact you should trust him or her
    @accountprotection.microsoft.com

If the domain is not the one mentioned, I advise you to first block the sender by following these steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/office/bloq...

then protect your account:
    https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/office/ayud...

what you received is an attempted theft, if you clicked on any link I recommend you change your password on the sites your email uses

later, you can tell us about the mail, so that it doesn't try to steal from other people :D
    https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/concern/scam?rtc=1

Credits: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2eebfff6-458f-4c2d-98e4-d11d5e22904e

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskaira.
Thema:

1. microsoft rewards phone verification - Similar Threads - microsoft rewards phone

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. How do I get onto the Microsoft rewards page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get onto the Microsoft rewards page?: I have an account and when I signed in to get started I could not find the homepage for the rewards. a1a698d9-7f4b-4581-82b8-830319e0a13a
  4. Who is the top boss at Microsoft for the XBOX rewards group?

in XBoX on Windows
    Who is the top boss at Microsoft for the XBOX rewards group?: We need real support and Fixes. d90f7912-1b8b-4a04-8bd3-5dade9046985
  5. MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN

in XBoX Accessibility
    MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN: Okay so, I was able to spent a lot of money on xbox during the covid lockdown. I earned around 30k points from grinding games and spending real money AND TIME. I redeemed about 25k on useless...
  6. Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.

in XBoX on Windows
    Everytime I click on Microsoft Rewards on my Xbox, it shows an error Service Unavailable.: I live in Slovakia. Can someone help? Thanks. 096dfaae-7f27-41ff-a9a4-a74994d82fec
  7. When I go to add my phone number to redeem my Microsoft rewards it says try again later or...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I go to add my phone number to redeem my Microsoft rewards it says try again later or...: Is there a fix to this? I would like to redeem my rewards soon. e61a70a0-8bb9-4359-8cbc-23873b0f82cd
  8. Microsoft rewards phone number verification not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft rewards phone number verification not working.: I was about to redeem my 200 robux gift card on microsoft rewards and it said for me to add a phone number, i did what it said and it still asks for me to do it. How do i make it work?...
  9. Microsoft rewards not recognising phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft rewards not recognising phone number: So my Microsoft account has back up email and phone number attached but when I go to redeem rewards I get to a screen where Microsoft wants to confirm my identity by sending me an SMS but this...
  10. I'm trying to redeem a reward on Microsoft Rewards but it keeps asking me to put my phone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to redeem a reward on Microsoft Rewards but it keeps asking me to put my phone...: The thing is my phone is destroyed so I cant see any messages or anything. What do I do? 415ac0fb-45c5-44f9-805d-76aa1d1c760a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft rewards phone verification bypass