Microsoft refusing refund unauthorised purchase

Discus and support Microsoft refusing refund unauthorised purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My 7 years was playing Roblox from xbox one, I noticed that he was very often in the purchase dialog for Robux. I was pretty sure he will soon make... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yannnnnn, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Yannnnnn
    Yannnnnn Guest

My 7 years was playing Roblox from xbox one, I noticed that he was very often in the purchase dialog for Robux. I was pretty sure he will soon make some purchase so I set a passkey to prevent that. I thought I will be safe. Then he continued with his "Shark
    bite" game and again he pressed the purchase button by accident, well... guess what, the purchase went through. 2000 SEK. Then I immediately made an refund request within 12 hours, and it was denied because it was not eligible. I don't understand so I contacted
    them again, seemed like they tried to threaten me by saying some half sentences- If you continue to request ineligible refunds per the Microsoft Terms of Sale, your account
    will be subject to review for enforcement action possibly resulting in a, I guess he meant to lock my account. The reply I received from the Microsoft team:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    We understand that you’re following up on the refund request placed on 12/31/2020.
    We’ve performed an additional review on the account and found it's not eligible for a refund.
    There are no charges on your account matching the description, so we are unable to refund your order. This order is not eligible for a refund under the Microsoft Terms of sale.

If you continue to request ineligible refunds per the Microsoft Terms of Sale, your account will be subject to review for enforcement action possibly resulting in a
    [b]More refund tips[/b]:
    Find information about how to complete
    a refund.

If you don’t know your Microsoft account email address or password see the lost
    account solution
    or the
    lost password solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say, it was really unpleasant and unhelpful. As a such company, do they really care the 2000 SEK?
    Well, why can't they just refund me? Anyone knows where I should contact to get my money back?

TIA!

:)

Yannnnnn, Jan 6, 2021
  2. KindGryphon Win User

My 7 years was playing Roblox from xbox one, I noticed that he was very often in the purchase dialog for Robux. I was pretty sure he will soon make some purchase so I set a passkey to prevent that. I thought I will be safe. Then he continued with his "Shark
    bite" game and again he pressed the purchase button by accident, well... guess what, the purchase went through. 2000 SEK. Then I immediately made an refund request within 12 hours, and it was denied because it was not eligible. I don't understand so I contacted
    them again, seemed like they tried to threaten me by saying some half sentences- If you continue to request ineligible refunds per the Microsoft Terms of Sale, your account
    will be subject to review for enforcement action possibly resulting in a, I guess he meant to lock my account. The reply I received from the Microsoft team:

We understand that you’re following up on the refund request placed on 12/31/2020.
    We’ve performed an additional review on the account and found it's not eligible for a refund.
    There are no charges on your account matching the description, so we are unable to refund your order.  This order is not eligible for a refund under the Microsoft Terms of sale.

If you continue to request ineligible refunds per the Microsoft Terms of Sale, your account will be subject to review for enforcement action possibly resulting in a
    [b]More refund tips[/b]:
    Find information about how to complete
    a refund.

If you don’t know your Microsoft account email address or password see the lost
    account solution
    or the
    lost password solution.

I would say, it was really unpleasant and unhelpful. As a such company, do they really care the 2000 SEK?
    Well, why can't they just refund me? Anyone knows where I should contact to get my money back?

TIA!
    Its because in game currency such as robux are generally non refundable purchases.

The reason being is as soon as the purchase goes through the robux are automatically added to the in game account they were purchased for and because Microsoft doesn't make Roblox they dont have any way to take the currency back from you and therefore no
    way to get their own money back (they make almost nothing in terms of money when it comes to stuff like this. The majority of the Money spent goes to the developers who make the game)
  3. Noahgriff Win User

Days refund

This might help;

The refund policy the team goes off when reviewing refund request is:

• Limited to one refund in a 365-day period (apart from technical faults with the game and unauthorised purchases)
    • Brought within the last 14 days
    • Played less than 2 hours
    • Not as described/ Technical Issue (and no service outage https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status)
    • Accidental/ unauthorised purchase
    Has to meet top 3 requirements.
  4. Blaq Market Win User

Microsoft is refusing to refund an erroneous purchase

Thank you. I have followed your instructions. Hopefully they get back to me soon.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Blaq! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you haven't received and email regarding the refund not being approved how you received the message about your yearly refunds?
  6. Blaq Market Win User

I have been told to reply to a confirmation email that states my request for a refund has been denied because no one on the phone can help with refunds. I have not received this email. Only the email stating my refund request has been processed. Nothing more in my spam folders either so I am not sure what more to do other than report the charge.
Thema:

1. Microsoft refusing refund unauthorised purchase - Similar Threads - Microsoft refusing refund

2. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  5. Microsoft store roblox refuses to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store roblox refuses to start: My version of roblox through the microsoft store version of roblox closes on startup, i open it then it closes seconds later. I've tried almost every single method shared around and it still...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC: I play Solitaire Collection regularly on multiple different devices (Win 11 VM on Mac, Android Phone, iPad and Home Desktop PC running Windows 11). Recently the game refuses to sign in at all on...
  7. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help: MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am...
  8. Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN: I have tried to get Microsoft to help me 4 separate times bit they keep giving me the same bs excuse, "under section 15" blah blah blah. I didn't find out about the theft until after the friggin...
  9. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked: My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3 hours trying to get to a person, only to get...
  10. Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft: Bonjour, J'ai constaté un problème récurent ces derniers temps concernant l'achat sur le Xbox Live et le paiement avec une CB MasterCard. Lorsque je fais plusieurs achats dans la journée ou dans...