Microsoft refuses to help me out of greed, can someone please help me?

Discus and support Microsoft refuses to help me out of greed, can someone please help me? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought a new Xbox Series X from MICROSOFT (Not a third party seller) and it came console banned, I contacted support and they said there was not even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonah Norby, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Jonah Norby
    Jonah Norby Guest

Bought a new Xbox Series X from MICROSOFT (Not a third party seller) and it came console banned, I contacted support and they said there was not even an order or anything and firmly denied that they could do anything. After I politely asked for a replacement console or some sort of return they said that it would be impossible to do that. I've contacted them 3 times and have been turned away every time. What the actual heck am I supposed to do now? I can't afford to buy a new console and considering it's Microsoft's own fault it's disgusting that they deny my order and refuse to replace it.

:)

Jonah Norby, Feb 15, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

All you can do is keep trying store support to see about getting a refund or exchange really.
  3. Jonah Norby Win User

Thank you Smwutches, any suggestions on where to go from here?
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Hello Jonah

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern.

I am very sorry for your experience but Microsoft does NOT ban consoles in their factory or warehouses. This is done when that console is set up and connected to a network, account, and activity is recorded on the console. Our accounts carry the history of actions. Purchases made, last game played or all games played, time played, etc. If an Xbox has been sent in a banned state, it would have not only been set up in the warehouse on top of the packing seal being removed from the original packing box and all factory packaging would be removed just for the console to be used in a warehouse, tampered with and banned and the most severe of policies being violated for it to be shipped to a single paying customer... A huge business like Microsoft has zero reason to do this.. Dont you think?

This doesn't happen and has never happened in the 5 years of assisting Xbox with support, it is something I have never heard of.

The problem is, your console would have information tied to it that cant be hidden. It could even carry an IP address or history of one from where it was set up and/or last used.

Microsoft are the one who issues bans and before they do, they see EXACTLY why this is initiated. Im very sorry but because they issued the ban, there isn't any support team that can assist or replace a banned console.

Please see below.

"Xbox device suspensions (including Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, or Windows devices) can be temporary or permanent, depending on the severity of the violation. A permanent Xbox device ban affects the device's ability to access any online features and services. Xbox device suspensions, where certain privileges and features are temporarily revoked, will lift after the suspension time has been observed.

------> Note An Xbox device enforcement action is the result of a thorough investigation by Xbox in response to the most severe violations of our rules. These enforcement actions can't be lifted by Xbox Safety." <-------

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/family-onli...
  5. Jonah Norby Win User

Yeah I know what you mean, I did get it directly from the Microsoft Store (Online) so I really don't see how anything like that could happen.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Better question where did you buy it from

Amazon or an licensed store in some country or ms store online ms doesn't have physical stores anymore

If Amazon then just Because it's labeled ms doesnt mean it's sold vy ms they are just the manufacturer and Amazon or a thirst party is reselling it

You will find a lot of Amazon store fronts doing that

MS sells directly thru ms store website not amazon
Thema:

1. Microsoft refuses to help me out of greed, can someone please help me? - Similar Threads - Microsoft refuses help

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  5. Microsoft store roblox refuses to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store roblox refuses to start: My version of roblox through the microsoft store version of roblox closes on startup, i open it then it closes seconds later. I've tried almost every single method shared around and it still...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC: I play Solitaire Collection regularly on multiple different devices (Win 11 VM on Mac, Android Phone, iPad and Home Desktop PC running Windows 11). Recently the game refuses to sign in at all on...
  7. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help: MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am...
  8. Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN: I have tried to get Microsoft to help me 4 separate times bit they keep giving me the same bs excuse, "under section 15" blah blah blah. I didn't find out about the theft until after the friggin...
  9. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked: My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3 hours trying to get to a person, only to get...
  10. Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft: Bonjour, J'ai constaté un problème récurent ces derniers temps concernant l'achat sur le Xbox Live et le paiement avec une CB MasterCard. Lorsque je fais plusieurs achats dans la journée ou dans...