Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

Discus and support Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Andre Hellstrom, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3 hours trying to get to a person, only to get disconnected. I finally got a virtual agent that told me I had to create a 'gametag' which I did reluctantly. Still they refuse me. It's impossible to get help. I picked 'refund' in a drop-down menu only to read 'You can't use chat for that issue'. This is madness. can anyone help? I'm dyslexic with learning difficulties so I find these things very difficult. I have changed my password so the account is safe, I haven't used my Microsoft account in 3 years. I will close it later.

:)

Andre Hellstrom, Apr 29, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Andre!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

You can submit your refund request by signing your account on the refund web form here at this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

Your refund will be accommodated within 72 hours.

Thank you so much for your time! I hope you have a great day!
  3. Lisa Riches Win User

Can someone explain to me why Microsoft allow fraud/ hackers

I have been in touch they talked me through refund but that has been refused as the vouchers have been redeemed yet they can see the account that has redeemed £50 vouchers after hacking into my account and billing me they use the vouchers, so they get away with it and Microsoft are allowing them! And no doubt they’ll do the same to another account but Microsoft do nothing about it allowing this to happen is disgusting
  4. Renatodibi Win User

Why is microsoft refusing to give me a refund

Hi Goggs25.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry that you haven't received your refund yet.

However, I can tell you that the most important thing is that it has been accepted, and you should find it in the order you requested it.

Refund processing times can vary depending on the method you selected, but in any case, when calculating the days, do not include holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays, as no banking transactions take place on those days.
    I hope you receive your money as soon as possible.

I hope I have been helpful.

Further information about refund at
    https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Kind regards
    Renato
  5. HaMyung Song Win User

Refund refused after fraudulent purchase on my account.

Hi, I have similar situation like you about recent fraudulent purchase and MS refuse to refund this wrong payment....

Check this link

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lent-and/fd966693-af7c-4205-b0c0-4581ba6a13c3

A digital xbox giftcard was purchased on my account, it wasnt purchased by anyone in our household and was purchased using my paypal account (which i never use for microsoft purchases) and an email containing a code to redeem was received. Strangely enough i received a security alert shortly after saying that someone else might have accessed my account. Microsoft are refusing to refund me and I have having great difficultly trying to contact them to challenge this, finding their support absolutely rubbish. Any suggestions?
  6. PeptoBeastMade Win User

MICROSOFT REFUSES TO GIVE ME MY PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT

Yes but then asks for the phone number verification after
Thema:

1. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked - Similar Threads - Microsoft refuses refund

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up: Why don't Microsoft answer the phone or keep hanging up 8f537fc1-738c-4354-b32c-dc809e86171c
  4. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  5. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  6. Microsoft store roblox refuses to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store roblox refuses to start: My version of roblox through the microsoft store version of roblox closes on startup, i open it then it closes seconds later. I've tried almost every single method shared around and it still...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC: I play Solitaire Collection regularly on multiple different devices (Win 11 VM on Mac, Android Phone, iPad and Home Desktop PC running Windows 11). Recently the game refuses to sign in at all on...
  8. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help: MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am...
  9. Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN: I have tried to get Microsoft to help me 4 separate times bit they keep giving me the same bs excuse, "under section 15" blah blah blah. I didn't find out about the theft until after the friggin...
  10. Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft: Bonjour, J'ai constaté un problème récurent ces derniers temps concernant l'achat sur le Xbox Live et le paiement avec une CB MasterCard. Lorsque je fais plusieurs achats dans la journée ou dans...