Microsoft refuse to refund a game that will not work - can anyone help?

Discus and support Microsoft refuse to refund a game that will not work - can anyone help? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son used to play Disney Infinity on his x-box 360 For Christmas we bought him an xbox one and last week downloaded the Disney Infinity game for the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shelby661900, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Shelby661900
    Shelby661900 Guest

My son used to play Disney Infinity on his x-box 360

For Christmas we bought him an xbox one and last week downloaded the Disney Infinity game for the xbox one but it won't work because:

• The Disney Infinity Base is not compatible
    • You cannot play online as Microsoft has withdrawn support for the game
    • You cannot buy a compatible Disney Infinity base any more

It is therefore not possible to play the game, yet we were not made aware of any of the above when making the purchase

Microsoft is refusing to issue a refund saying the game has been played!

Please can someone help- this is really bad and not how I would expect a company like Microsoft to behave. My son paid for the game with his own money too!

:)

Shelby661900, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Shelby661900 Win User

He had a DVD for the Xbox 360. We downloaded the game for the Xbox one.

At no time was I informed that Microsoft had withdrawn support for this game. There should have been a message when we were buying the game online. How could this be a fair purchase? It's like buying a car, but the sales person not telling you that the car
    isn't legal to drive in the UK.

We bought a game in good faith online, it didn't work. I applied for a refund on the same day; it's simple!
  3. {Parity} Win User

4. NeoDan123 Win User

To be eligible for a refund the game/app need to meet certain requirements.

1. Have been purchased in the last 14 days.

2. Have not been played more than 2 hours.

There is more information required before they issue the refund, how many times you have requested a refund in the previous year etc.
  5. Lil89Ic3 Win User

This is not true, we are currently dealing with Xbox refund [Mod Removed]. Purchased a game that was advertised falsely and will not start up, and when it does start up constantly either crasyes or says we do not own the game. Have uninstalled
    and reinstalled approximately 20 times to no avail. We requested a refund and were refused and now it has been more than 14 days thanks to Microsoft taking 5 days to respond.

How exactly is that fair to the customer?

We request a refund before the 14 day period and because Microsoft took 5 days to respond we cannot get a refund. I have been a customer of Microsoft/Xbox for about 23 years and never have i been treated so poorly makes me want to boycott Microsoft/Xbox
    and just go back to PlayStation and linux.
  6. Shelby661900 Win User

It was refused by Hellena T, Microsoft Support for Xbox

I replied and said I wasn't happy, the same person 'performed an additional review and found it's not eligible for a refund'
Thema:

1. Microsoft refuse to refund a game that will not work - can anyone help? - Similar Threads - Microsoft refuse refund

2. How do I talk to a person at microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a person at microsoft?: I can sign in, but it won't sign me on. Does Microsoft not support accounts anymore? ef8748e9-0625-48c7-84fc-e60d2638d67b
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  5. Microsoft store roblox refuses to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store roblox refuses to start: My version of roblox through the microsoft store version of roblox closes on startup, i open it then it closes seconds later. I've tried almost every single method shared around and it still...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC: I play Solitaire Collection regularly on multiple different devices (Win 11 VM on Mac, Android Phone, iPad and Home Desktop PC running Windows 11). Recently the game refuses to sign in at all on...
  7. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help: MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am...
  8. Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN: I have tried to get Microsoft to help me 4 separate times bit they keep giving me the same bs excuse, "under section 15" blah blah blah. I didn't find out about the theft until after the friggin...
  9. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked: My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3 hours trying to get to a person, only to get...
  10. Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft: Bonjour, J'ai constaté un problème récurent ces derniers temps concernant l'achat sur le Xbox Live et le paiement avec une CB MasterCard. Lorsque je fais plusieurs achats dans la journée ou dans...