Microsoft needs to clarify that profanity is strictly prohibited on Xbox live NOT...

Discus and support Microsoft needs to clarify that profanity is strictly prohibited on Xbox live NOT... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was playing dead by daylight and needed to do a glyph challenge which the killer stood their and allowed me to attempt it (which I failed). The... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by B3NJ4M1NM, Mar 23, 2023.

1. B3NJ4M1NM
    B3NJ4M1NM Guest

Microsoft needs to clarify that profanity is strictly prohibited on Xbox live NOT...

I was playing dead by daylight and needed to do a glyph challenge which the killer stood their and allowed me to attempt it (which I failed). The killer even allowed us to leave. Afterwards I sent a message "thanks for the glyph I f***** it up anyway lol" (censoring here so I don't get in trouble again) and got a 4 day ban a few minutes later. Appeal was denied.

Why would they not just filter the words like any other developer has already done? Messages could still be reported for people trying to circumvent profanity. This blanket ban regardless of context needs to be specified in the community guidelines, not how it is worded right now.

In my 13 years of my account I have never recieved a single complaint. Now a 4 day ban for using a "bad word" to admit my own mistake? I am baffled by this

:)

B3NJ4M1NM, Mar 23, 2023
  2. winged havok Win User

Microsoft needs to clarify that profanity is strictly prohibited on Xbox live NOT "profanity directed at others"

the xbox community has grown too soft, i cant believe i am completely turning on how i used to think about people who used the "too soft in 2020,21,22, etc."

i got a 2 day suspension for using the acronym p.o.s, and i cant even appeal it, why on earth is this even considered harmful? like seriously, just use the blocking feature if you are too upset and want to cry at certain words, phrases, acronyms, etc. you don't like? god people are terribly sad and unfathomable at how people even play games or go through society when this is how the world really works

i feel bad for you, as clearly i got a ban for an inane reason
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX GAMERSHARE (desperate lol)

Sharing account details over Live is against the ToS and CoC.

Asking to share details on the forum is also strictly prohibited.
  4. HassanB Win User

Horizon

Hello,

The use of 3rd party software like "Horizon" is
    strictly prohibited on any Xbox LIVE profiles. Doing so, will get your Xbox LIVE account banned. Regardless of if the game is offline or online.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Code of Conduct

Hi there,

Profanities are mentioned in the Code of Conduct, and they are not permitted on Live as Live is rated E for Everyone.

You can find them
    here
    :

"What are examples of content that is prohibited in Xbox Live?

(Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Content prohibited by the Microsoft Code of Conduct. Just because something isn’t on this list doesn’t mean it’s OK.)\

Content that could harm or harass a person, including yourself, or an animal. For example:

• Profane words or phrases
    • Content that promotes, or sounds or looks like words, phrases, puns, images or imagery that refer to any prohibited content"
  6. Eggnogga Win User

Online Passes

Just to clarify something for the OP -- Your xbox live "subscription" is maintained and monitored by Microsoft and the people of xbox. An online pass is strictly used by game publishers. They are totally separate. If you are going to pass blame onto
    anyone in regards to online passes, do not look to Sony or Microsoft (xbox).
Thema:

1. Microsoft needs to clarify that profanity is strictly prohibited on Xbox live NOT... - Similar Threads - Microsoft needs clarify

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.: I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the 6044f4fc-6db5-4086-a8bb-d3dfb402a827
  4. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  5. "you will need internet for this microsoft store"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "you will need internet for this microsoft store": Im trying to login with my microsoft and xbox account but they both say "you will need internet for this" When my internet in games and online works just fine. Cant play minecraft because of this...
  6. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  7. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  8. i need help with continuas charges on my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with continuas charges on my microsoft account: i continue to have $1.00 charges on my bill daily. What is it and how do I stop it 892b67e2-2b33-443e-ac91-e5da905705a6
  9. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  10. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...