Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now...

Discus and support Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have spent 2.5 hours 2 days ago on the phone with 3 different Microsoft Xbox support agents, trying to solve the problem, none of them can do... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Solar One, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Solar One
    Solar One Guest

Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now...

I have spent 2.5 hours 2 days ago on the phone with 3 different Microsoft Xbox support agents, trying to solve the problem, none of them can do anything except asked me to reply to the email that Xbox support sent.

I have a screen capture of the game The Crew 2 Gold Edition, refund request was denied, but the next day morning, I have received an email from Microsoft, saying that they refunded the money for the game I purchased.

Funny thing is, I have never asked for the refund on that game, bought it at a good price and want to keep it, spent an hour download and took up 50G on my Xbox, now one of the agent told me to re-purchase it @ $120, but the sale price was $24.00. Are they out of their mind? Why can't they just re-instate my original purchase and be done with it, Microsoft is the one who caused this trouble.

Also considering returning some other stuffs I bought from the Microsoft Store, just showing the displeasure and time wasted of what I have to deal with, totally unacceptable.

I am still waiting for the reply from the Xbox support, will see what happen.

:)

Solar One, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now what can be done?

Hello again, as I mentioned earlier, only support could give you some solution or escalate the case to see what can help you.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now what can be done?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Solar, this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and neither your account, we can not specify the actual reason or accurately check why the refund was made.

As for support, they indicated you correctly you have to reply to the email that the refund department sends you, but as you even mention the refund was denied and then they ended up doing, and unfortunately in those cases there is no way to make a refund reversal and take your game back.
  4. Solar One Win User

Likewise George’s C, have a wonderful Christmas. 😄👍🙏
  5. Georges C. Win User

Thanks Solar, have a nice weekend.
  6. Solar One Win User

Hello again, as I mentioned earlier, only support could give you some solution or escalate the case to see what can help you.
    Thanks Georges C. for the input.

After talking to 4 Microsoft Xbox Support agents, I finally get a satisfactory result from Microsoft.

Email reply from the team could be a tad slow, best to talk with a real person on the phone, I requested call back and it came in almost a minute flat, it was just pure luck I guess, after 20 minutes of back and forth communication, the agent was able to escalated my request to the higher lever, the problem was immediately solved. Not sure why the previous 2 agents weren't able to do anything.

Bottom line is I get my digital game back and be able to played tonight without any issues, I was smart enough not to uninstall the unplayable game from my Xbox right the way, that could result another hour of re-download time.

Kudos to Microsoft Xbox Support team.

Thank You.
Thema:

1. Microsoft mistakenly refunded me a digital game The Crew 2 Gold Edition I purchased, now... - Similar Threads - Microsoft mistakenly refunded

2. How do I talk to a person at microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a person at microsoft?: I can sign in, but it won't sign me on. Does Microsoft not support accounts anymore? ef8748e9-0625-48c7-84fc-e60d2638d67b
  3. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  4. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - How to replace batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - How to replace batteries?: My Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard battery is pretty low and I want to replace the batteries with the new ones. But the battery cover(?) at the back is not openable. I couldn't find any information...
  5. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  6. Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?: I tried every steps to reset Microsoft store. But still it is not opening. Also my wsreset.exe command not working. 63e5f5cd-3771-41dd-9a66-02f88df69084
  7. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  8. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  9. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  10. mistaken billing for renewal of microsoft casual games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mistaken billing for renewal of microsoft casual games: I paid for a one-year renewal of my subscription to Microsoft Casual Games (e.g. solitaire) in January '21. This would mean no advertisements when I play the games. However, I get a message when...