Microsoft link scam

Discus and support Microsoft link scam in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I fell for the microsoft link scam, thankfully I don't have any payment options saved on my Xbox so they can not use my money, but is there any other... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ivan Santoyo, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Ivan Santoyo
    Ivan Santoyo Guest

Microsoft link scam

I fell for the microsoft link scam, thankfully I don't have any payment options saved on my Xbox so they can not use my money, but is there any other way they can hurt me like locking me out of my account? Also how do I lock them out of my account?

:)

Ivan Santoyo, Jan 4, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Microsoft link scam

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you have fallen for a scam and provided your personal information or login credentials, it's important to take steps to protect yourself and your accounts. There are a few things you can do to help secure your Xbox account:

1. Change your password: If you provided your login credentials to a scammer, you should change your password as soon as possible to prevent them from accessing your account.

2. Enable two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password when you sign in.

3. Lastly, be cautious when clicking links: Don't click on links or enter your personal information on websites that you don't trust. If you receive a link from someone you don't know, be wary of clicking on it.

I hope this helps!
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

"regarding your report of a account takeover"

Well, both links provided are from official Microsoft websites (live.com, outlook.com), so I believe there's no way this can be a scam.

If the links where from
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

"regarding your report of a account takeover"

If links were from unofficial websites, it would be a scam for sure. But as official Microsoft websites, they're legit. You can trust. *
  5. voteDC Win User

Join Bing Rewards for (free) Microsoft Points!

[quote user="ShiningSquirrel"]I think Microsoft would be very unhappy to hear you calling bing.com a "known scam site".[/quote]If you look at the name of the person I was quoting, their post has been removed.

That person was not posting a link to Bing but rather a notorious scam site.
  6. NonSportsGirl Win User

Microsoft imposters..

Businesses like Microsoft operate in sections, writing to one does not mean you'll be able to contact someone in another. Which part of Microsoft management do you think that form goes to? Xbox Management, Windows management, Office Management etc

There is no point in reporting to 'Management' if the problem is for another department. Sure they might pass it on to the correct people but that is by no means a sure thing.

If you have encountered scams, obscene material, aggressive behavior, theft of your account or identity, or other similar incidents while using Microsoft services, here is how to report it. We will take your report very seriously, investigate accordingly,
    and take appropriate action.
    A direct quote from the page you link to. Yes it refers to scams but these are scams taking place on a Microsoft service, no the scams pretending to be them over the phone.

The proper way to do it is to report is from the info I linked to.
Thema:

Microsoft link scam

1. Microsoft link scam - Similar Threads - Microsoft link scam

2. Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account: It’s call oauth and I downloaded it I do not know what it is 65e338aa-ffde-4571-a97f-664fa97ee7db
  3. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  4. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  5. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  6. The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...: The Xbox Directly Xbox page or the link are not working at my end on the website can you please fix this problem on the solution and put the work as soon as possibe. Because the Xbox gamers are...
  7. Where's the Link to Microsoft's Equivalent of Apple's Product Feedback Webform Wherein You...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where's the Link to Microsoft's Equivalent of Apple's Product Feedback Webform Wherein You...: Hi Microsoft friends, it seems the official Microsoft sub-reddits aren't the venues to post a "design" (it's not a design perse but a suggestion on what to add to the next Xbox controller to make...
  8. Unable to login to microsoft account from microsoft.com/link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to login to microsoft account from microsoft.com/link: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #30.5218d017.1704853901.b5600bae is the error code I get when I try to login into my microsoft account on a program that uses...
  9. so we have 2 minecraft accounts with alot of data linked to same microsoft account and 1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    so we have 2 minecraft accounts with alot of data linked to same microsoft account and 1...: how do i fix it anything might help us c8247568-5ee8-44f6-b71c-8509d20456c2
  10. How do I link my Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I link my Microsoft?: I've been trying to play this Pixelmon modpack for over three hours at this point. I've been trying to troubleshoot on my own, but I just can't at this point. I got to MultiMC and tried to link my...