Microsoft Jigsaw - I can not access the "Thumb Nail" view nor the "light" background option

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw - I can not access the "Thumb Nail" view nor the "light" background option in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Jigsaw for PC. Since the last Windows 10 update, I can no longer access the light background option nor can I see the "Thumb Nail" view of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EricMerling, Jun 30, 2022.

1. EricMerling
    EricMerling Guest

Microsoft Jigsaw - I can not access the "Thumb Nail" view nor the "light" background option

Microsoft Jigsaw for PC. Since the last Windows 10 update, I can no longer access the light background option nor can I see the "Thumb Nail" view of the puzzel.

:)

EricMerling, Jun 30, 2022
  2. EricMerling Win User

Thanks for replying. No, the game doesn't crash. There is no longer a thumb nail view available and when I go to "change background" in my settings there are only 4 dark colors to choose from and the light tan background is no longer an option.

In addition, my completed puzzles are gone, but my "earned points" (I have 1,939,255 earned points are still available.. also, if I download a puzzle series I had previously completed, the individual puzzles still show as completed.

I have 'remov

ed' and "download" the game twice and the above problems still exist. The only thing I haven't done is to reset my computer to previous of the last Microsoft update.

Thanks for your help
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Did you have premium?

I ask because I can't see any thumbnail view and there is only 4 colors available for me too. I think the thumbnail view and the other background colors are available only for premium users or they are not available anymore.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, EricMerling. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

What exact happens when you try to access the light background or see the puzzle using the "thumbnail" view? The game crashes or these options are not being show to you anymore?

Also, have you tried to reinstall the game to see if it solves your issue?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  5. HauntingGolf53 Win User

New puzzles don't download.

I found this by accident.

Close MS Jigsaw

Go to settings

Click on privacy

Click on background apps

TURN ON Microsoft Jigsaw

Open MS Jigsaw and try downloading again.

Now I can downloading.
  6. Tigis37 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw

Do you have "Let apps run in the background" switched on? I've had the same problem with downloading, and when I switched on this option (Windows Settings->Privacy->Background apps) for Microsoft Jigsaw, Microsoft Store and Xbox, everything started to work
    properly.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Jigsaw - I can not access the "Thumb Nail" view nor the "light" background option - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw access

2. How can i sync log off mode data for microsoft jigsaw to logon mode.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i sync log off mode data for microsoft jigsaw to logon mode.: I have been playing Microsoft jigsaw for few years. I recently noticed that when I log in to my xbox account, my downloaded puzzles and progress data played in logged off mode are lost....
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw: Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles achievement glitched?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw: Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles achievement glitched?: Microsoft Jigsaw achievements for Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles won't pop even though I completed the achievements. Jam King - I have completed both packs (42 out of 42) but the tracker says I...
  4. Why am I not receiving the correct amount of Gold Bars in Microsoft Jigsaw?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the correct amount of Gold Bars in Microsoft Jigsaw?: When I finish a puzzle in Microsoft Jigsaw, I am only awarded 1/2 of the Gold Bars after solving a puzzle. I only play Classic Jigsaw, so I don't know if this is a problem with the other Jigsaw...
  5. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading: The app crashes (just shuts down without any error message) after about 30 seconds. I can get as far as selecting Classic Jigsaw, selecting my partly completed puzzle and either seeing the...
  6. Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...: I've asked this a couple of times and each time it's like a bot is answering. If you're going to offer advice, please read this properly and actually answer what I'm asking about - rather than...
  7. Can't access Microsoft Jigsaw

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access Microsoft Jigsaw: For several days I have been unable to access Microsoft Jigsaw. I have done the troubleshooting twice (no issues identified), done the reset twice (still won't work) and deleted the app and...
  8. accès impossible à microsoft jigsaw -[Translation - Unable to access Microsoft jigsaw]

in XBoX Accessibility
    accès impossible à microsoft jigsaw -[Translation - Unable to access Microsoft jigsaw]: J'ai désinstallé puis réinstallé WINDOWS10 sur mon ordinateur. J'ai retrouvé mes accès aux jeux Microsoft sauf Jigsaw (message: impossible de vous connecter). J'ai désinstallé plusieurs fois sans...
  9. Lost gold points and access to Microsoft Jigsaw

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost gold points and access to Microsoft Jigsaw: I have lost access to all of my more than 30,000 collected gold points as well as nearly all my bought puzzle collections and was not able to sign in. In stead I got this dutch message: 'Kies...
  10. Microsoft Mahjong and Jigsaw - Cannot access on broadband.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong and Jigsaw - Cannot access on broadband.: I have Windows 10 on a laptop. I had been using Mahjong and Jigsaw while still on Windows 8.1. Since downloading Win 10 I was initially able to operate and Win 10 required a change to my Windows...