Microsoft has taken my money despite a failed transaction through the XBox store

Discus and support Microsoft has taken my money despite a failed transaction through the XBox store in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello fellow Xboxers, I attempted to purchase a digital copy of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance through the XBox Store from my XBox Series-X on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by BrynmorCampos, May 18, 2021.

1. Microsoft has taken my money despite a failed transaction through the XBox store

Hello fellow Xboxers,

I attempted to purchase a digital copy of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance through the XBox Store from my XBox Series-X on the 07/05/2021. Everything went per normal (added to my cart and checked-out). Once I got to payment it sat there a while and simply failed the purchase.

This is where my hell started...

Even though the store transaction failed the funds still went off my account as "reserved". I contacted XBox support to resolve the issue where they could see the failed transaction (I cannot see anything under my order history) however they could not see the transaction side of the funds and asked me to contact my bank.

I contacted my bank who confirmed the funds were in a "frozen" state and could reverse the transaction. A day later the bank called me back, after a lengthily investigation to say that they tried to reverse the transaction but it then moved from a "frozen" state to a "processed" state which means that it traversed through my account to Microsoft.

So they should have my money now right?

Wrong!

I called Microsoft XBox support again to update them on the situation and again they can see the failed transaction but deny any transaction of funds going through the account. This is certainly an anomaly... I proceeded to ask for an investigation to be opened where I uploaded my bank provided documents to show evidence of the funds traversing through my account. I am now trying to follow-up (18 May 2021) literally 11-days after the original failed purchase and I cannot get to anyone who can help me.

Microsoft literally have my money and I have all the evidence in the world to prove so but no-one at Microsoft XBox Support is willing or able to help me.

What do I do?

My gut feeling is that whilst Microsoft's systems show a failed transaction their payment gateway provider (whomever they use) processed the funds so in my opinion they have my money technically but how to get Microsoft to listen?!

:)

BrynmorCampos, May 18, 2021
  2. BrynmorCampos Win User

Microsoft has taken my money despite a failed transaction through the XBox store

Hello, the purchase still does not show on my Order History. However Microsofts backend system can see the failed purchase and I have all the necessary information from my bank to show the transaction of the funds through my account.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @BrynmorCampos!

First of all, we re truly sorry about this situation. May I ask you, now after contacting your ban and the transaction moved from a "frozen" state to a "processed" state, are you able to locate the charges on your order history?
  4. Sodangidni Win User

my bank shows I was charged for xbox ultimate and the money was taken out.

A transaction could fail for a lot of reasons and can occur in online marketplaces, so this is not something exclusive to the Microsoft store.

However, it is important to mention that always that a transaction didn't go through, the money will be reversed because Microsoft didn't receive it.
  5. GraysMedic1 Win User

Someone has set up an Xbox gamepass account and used all my details. How do I talk to someone?

Thank you. I tried that, but it just tells me that my account has no transactions. The money is being taken through an account set up with my details. I have tried calling microsoft from a number the bank gave to me, but it does not work. It appears microsoft do not want to be contacted.

If this continues, it will go through my bank as a fraud case. It would be better if someone in microsoft investigated this.
  6. Marco Di crescenzo Win User

I have been having trouble pre ordering the new modern warfare 3. I reset my internet, my xbox, and tried to switch payment methods.

I have this exact issue rn but I have no funds to pay another way and Xbox has taken my money there is no transaction in my bank account
Thema:

1. Microsoft has taken my money despite a failed transaction through the XBox store - Similar Threads - Microsoft has taken

2. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  4. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  5. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  6. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  7. My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...: Please help me i can't login to play minecraft because the accounts been deleted 2815c3de-34bc-4a66-9c68-a0ab5f2f44c4
  8. I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...: They are doing nothing and has been over 60 days, what else can I do now? Generic email sent as reply - no proactive contact from them otherwise. I now have 5 copies of the same email from...
  9. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  10. Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft: My account was stolen a while ago, and the person who stole it put a 2FA on it, then I got it locked, and it currently still remains locked. Is there any chance of me recovering my stolen account?...