Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered.

Discus and support Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Two months ago, someone hacked my account and made two purchases for gift-cards totaling 35$. I changed my account login details within the minute. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sanddSY, Jun 2, 2020.

1. sanddSY
    sanddSY Guest

Two months ago, someone hacked my account and made two purchases for gift-cards totaling 35$. I changed my account login details within the minute. The only thing left was to get a refund.... I would never in a million years have expected this to be such
    a complete **** show.

For starters, they allowed someone to login to my account from an IP address i have never used. They stop the person by asking for any additional verification, nor did they send me an alert to notify me of a suspicious login. When i looked up the IP it was
    a blacklisted IP from the Midwest. Not sure why that raised zero red flags. The gift cards were redeemed to someone with a different name and Xbox.

After a week of talking with support staff, i finally was told that my refund request had been approved by the refund department and that i would receive my refund in just a few hours. A month and a half passed by and i still have not received my refund. I
    chatted again today with a support agent who told me that the agent who informed me i would be getting my money back was "too eager to help" and that it was in fact impossible to refund me.

The lack of consistency here is driving me insane, i understand 35$ is not that much money but this has been the worst customer service experience i have ever had.

:)

sanddSY, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Jay O. Win User

yeah, it's pandemic time, all of the support and things goes slowed down...
  3. darkist1 Win User

If someone managed to hack your account, I'd really suggest changing all your passwords for other places that might also be the same unless you want those other accounts to be logged in too. Also, enabled 2 step verification, and when someone does get
    passed your password that they've worked out via phishing or other means. they won't get access to your account because they need the 6 digit pin code that will be sent to your phone, this acts as an alerting system for you too.

As for the refunding process, that's a pain and frustrating, but also up to that team. Unfortunately we can't help this side, or else you'd see a lot of people jumping to your assistance.

But I'd definitely use the link that Chargersbride gave you and submit feedback to them with all your emails and communications. That way the Microsoft team can take it up with the refunds department.
  4. Chargersbride Win User

5. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

so uhh...why'd you guys destroy the forums?

No kidding! This is now officially the WORST internet forum format I've EVER encountered! Hands down!
  6. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

This weird position I always get myself into.

I know it has a fair amount of issues, my problems with Battlefield 3 was never with bugs or glitches, it was with gameplay. Battlefield Bad Company 2 was the best first person shooter I have ever played hands down. Battlefield 3 was the worst first person
    shooter I've ever played hands down. I'm giving them another chance. This thread is not about battlefield.
Thema:

1. Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered. - Similar Threads - Microsoft has hands

2. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  4. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  5. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  6. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  7. My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...: Please help me i can't login to play minecraft because the accounts been deleted 2815c3de-34bc-4a66-9c68-a0ab5f2f44c4
  8. I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...: They are doing nothing and has been over 60 days, what else can I do now? Generic email sent as reply - no proactive contact from them otherwise. I now have 5 copies of the same email from...
  9. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  10. What do I do if Microsoft sent me a replacement controller but it has stick drift?

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if Microsoft sent me a replacement controller but it has stick drift?: Earlier this week I ordered a replacement Wireless Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller for $86 cause my other one broke, and it arrived today, but when I tested it the left stick drifts towards the...