Microsoft Gaming Services won't install.

Discus and support Microsoft Gaming Services won't install. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After a recent Windows Update (Windows 10), my Xbox app on windows refuses to run any games, and says I need to Install them all again. When I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by garethm, Mar 2, 2023.

1. garethm
    garethm Guest

After a recent Windows Update (Windows 10), my Xbox app on windows refuses to run any games, and says I need to Install them all again. When I try to install, I am prompted to download Microsoft Gaming Services, which I do, and it appears to run, but I can't go further, as this loop repeats every time I try to install a game.

When following the troubleshooter here: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10 I am able to try to remove and reinstall Gaming Services from Powershell, which also fails, but provides a bit more information, as follows:

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers remove-AppxPackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_9.74.15001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:44 + ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Microsoft Gaming Services won't install. :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

How to fix this? Thanks.

:)

garethm, Mar 2, 2023
  2. ErastusG Win User

Gaming Services won't install

Tried all of these an none of them worked!
  3. Rishabh0067 Win User

Gaming Services won't install

Hi Mo R
    My name is Rishabh, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

It sounds like you've already taken several troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue with installing Minecraft and Xbox Gaming Services on your new laptop. Since the problem persists and you've exhausted the common solutions, here are a few more advanced steps you can consider trying:

1. System File Checker (SFC) Scan:

Run an SFC scan to check for and repair any corrupted or missing system files that might be affecting the installation process.
    Open a Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
    Type the command: sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    Let the scan run; it will identify and fix any integrity violations.

2. DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) Tool:

If the SFC scan doesn't resolve the issue, you can use the DISM tool to repair the Windows image.
    Open a Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
    Type the command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
    Allow the process to complete.

3. Create a New User Account:

Sometimes, issues can be related to user profile corruption. Create a new local user account on your laptop and try installing Minecraft and Xbox Gaming Services on that account.

4.Check Windows Update:

Make sure that your Windows operating system is fully updated. Some updates might be necessary for certain apps and services to function properly.

5. Try a Different Network:

If you're on a restricted network, some services might not work as expected. Try using a different network, such as a different Wi-Fi network or mobile hotspot, to see if the issue persists.

6. Fresh Windows Installation (Last Resort):

If all else fails, you might consider performing a fresh installation of Windows on your new laptop. This would completely reset your system and can help resolve complex issues. Make sure to back up important files before proceeding with this option.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  4. MojoHash Win User

Cant download Forza Horizon 5

5. Mrdiploben Win User

MSFS2020 Installation Issues

Update:

Gaming services has installed but MSFS won't install still.
  6. sean wasshausen Win User

xbox app has a problem loading installation locations what could be the issue?

I have the exact same problem. I have plenty of space but it won't let me install anything. I can download apps through the store just fine, but no games. I've installed and updated gaming services several times as that is what other forums have said to do. Microsoft needs to get rid of gaming services, there are hundred of reviews and questions on the Microsoft site so they know it is an issue.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Gaming Services won't install. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Gaming Services

2. Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ: Hi, I uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator a while back until I could get a larger SSD installed in my PC. I now want to reinstall and fly again. I noticed the Microsoft Flight Simulator is...
  3. Gaming services are not installed in the Microsoft Store. That I have to do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services are not installed in the Microsoft Store. That I have to do?: i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code: 0x80070490....
  4. Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?: I am on windows 11 and i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code:...
  5. Gaming Services/other apps not installing on Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services/other apps not installing on Microsoft Store: I have an HP All-In-One 24 with Windows 11. I was trying to download Roblox from the Microsoft store, and it would not download, it would start, and then a minute later say there was some error...
  6. Microsoft has a problem with gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft has a problem with gaming services: For the past month I spent around 3 hours everyday trying to troubleshoot and get minecraft for windows to run on my PC. The issues seems to stem from gaming services but once I tried literally...
  7. The 'Gaming Services' app is broken and can't be updated through Microsoft store meaning...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The 'Gaming Services' app is broken and can't be updated through Microsoft store meaning...: I have tried all of the options on the Xbox support page but the Gaming Service app just can't be downloaded. It reaches 90% completion and then just fails every time....
  8. Gaming Services only 8kb and wont update from xbox app or microsoft store. Can anyone help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services only 8kb and wont update from xbox app or microsoft store. Can anyone help: I am unable to play games on my laptop. From the xbox app I am getting this message after trying to open a game I have installed or game I want to reinstall. Error 0x80080005 [img] [img]...
  9. how do you update Microsoft gaming services.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do you update Microsoft gaming services.: i have been trying for months to update and use Microsoft gaming services but it will not update for some reason. i have also tried all troubleshooting solutions given by Microsoft. other people I...
  10. Minecraft / Xbox / Microsoft Gaming Services Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft / Xbox / Microsoft Gaming Services Issues: I was trying to install Mincraft Java Launcher but immediately after clicking install error code "87E00196" appears. After googling, its says problem is with Microsoft Gaming services and to re...