Microsoft GameInput

Discus and support Microsoft GameInput in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past 10 days whenever Microsoft GameInput updates it freezes my pc which causes me to have to restart by holding the power button, ive tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FreelanceHero, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft GameInput

For the past 10 days whenever Microsoft GameInput updates it freezes my pc which causes me to have to restart by holding the power button, ive tried everything google has given and nothing has helped.

:)

FreelanceHero, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello John, yes, unfortunately you need these applications installed on your system, they work together with each other and end up using system files for that.

It's also good to have the Xbox App companion installed.

Also make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your computer.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. BlackJackGeary7 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 G920 Problem

OK I find the solution on the below site and it works -) The idea is that the Windows Creator update has modify the logitech wheel g920 registry: in the g920 registry in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameInput\Devices", we
    have to modify the "RacingWheel" value (some bytes has been reversed).

=> It would be nice that the microsoft installer team takes care in the future Windows updates to no more modify this registry with bad values.

Sources:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst95376_Driving-Force-Shifter-Backwards---SOLVED.aspx that provides the info on the following
    site:

FirstPlatoLV explain it on the site:
    https://discordapp.com/channels/267321263167373312/270368106742939649?jump=302502113475559435
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Gaming Services Bug

Thanks for sharing all of this, my friend!

Would you please confirm that the Gaming services are showing on the Services list on Windows?

Press Windows + R. Type services.msc and press Enter.

Search for GameInput Service and Gaming Services.

See if both services' startup type is Automatic.

Also please check if all Xbox services are set to Automatic: Xbox Accessory Management Service, Live Auth Manager, Live Game Save, Live Networking Service.

Let me know how it goes, please.
  5. Ross Stewart Win User

Gaming Services Bug

I can confirm that Gaming Services shows up in services.msc - twice! - alongside the GameInput service. If I remove the relevant service again via powershell, both copies of Gaming Services disappear. If I reinstall (via any method; Through Xbox app, through Store directly, through the link from Powershell) then both services reappear, set to automatic, with the second listed entry running and the first entry set to Trigger Start. This behaviour is consistent even adding in reboots at "strategic" moments.

Attempting to start the first service manually returns an "error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service". The same happens if I manually stop the second service first.

Service 1 path to executable: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_4.66.22002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServices.exe

Service 2 path to executable: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_4.66.22002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServicesNet.exe

These appear identical to me. One other small difference is that the first (apparently bogus?) service is set to log on as Local System user, whilst the sort-of working one is logging on as Local Service user.

All four Xbox services were set to manual, so I've changed them to Automatic but I think we're probably closer to the problem with this duplicate service issue... Perhaps there's something I could alter in the now visible GamingServices registry entries under HKLM/etc, perhaps in the TriggerInfo section?

I'm reaching, and thanks for your help.
  6. XBF - Staniel Win User

Minecraft Microsoft Account - Microsoft to Microsoft

Greetings CamrenJohnson,

If you have already completed the migration but it appears that the license is on the wrong account, you will need to contact Mojang support here and open a ticket to see about migrating the game over to your other account.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!
Thema:

Microsoft GameInput

1. Microsoft GameInput - Similar Threads - Microsoft GameInput

2. Download Information on Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Download Information on Microsoft Store: Hello Everyone, Does anyone wondering why there is no info about the size of application and the remaining time when we download app's on microsoft store? And most of the time, the download speed...
  3. How would I contact Microsoft about a false ban?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How would I contact Microsoft about a false ban?: I was permanently banned around 4 months ago, and my appeal was declined within 3 minutes and with no added reasoning. I have thousands of dollars of purchases on that account, if I don't get an...
  4. Anyone know how to delete the password history microsoft stores?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone know how to delete the password history microsoft stores?: I had not logged into my account for several months as i dont use any microsoft products besides minecraft and windows. Tried to play minecraft and had to recover my account. Now i cant use my old...
  5. Is Microsoft Edge deleted off Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Microsoft Edge deleted off Xbox?: Just yesterday I was looking at patch notes for a game on Microsoft Edge, but all of a sudden it closed. I tried clicking on it a few times but it wouldn't open, then after a few more clicks the...
  6. Why does Microsoft not make an effort to help me get my hacked account back even after the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft not make an effort to help me get my hacked account back even after the...: I have stayed on the Xbox and Microsoft side of the world for countless years spending hundreds if not thousands on games, in-game purchases, steaming accounts, and much more. I NEED HELP...
  7. I cant migrate my second Mojang account for minecraft over to my microsoft account because...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant migrate my second Mojang account for minecraft over to my microsoft account because...: I cant migrate my second Mojang account for minecraft over to my microsoft account because the email address i use for the second account is tied to my microsoft account?...
  8. Microsoft Flight on Beta via Samsug TV Cloud

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Flight on Beta via Samsug TV Cloud: I just received a new Samsung OLED TV that has the XBox app and runs games fine on Beta. Runs all games fine except MS Flight i should say. here's what happens: It loads and you see everything...
  9. Microsoft GameInput and unknown cause for random shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft GameInput and unknown cause for random shut down: Hey, recently my PC started to randomly shut down when I or someone else was gaming on the computer. When I looked in the Reliability Monitor I saw that on the exact same minute Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10: Hi this application crashes my PC forcing a restart whenever I play a game. Upon checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is caused by "Successful application reconfiguration"...