Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10

Discus and support Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi this application crashes my PC forcing a restart whenever I play a game. Upon checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is caused... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John Pryor1, Jul 10, 2022.

1. John Pryor1
    John Pryor1 Guest

Hi this application crashes my PC forcing a restart whenever I play a game.

Upon checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is caused by "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput.

From Reliability Monitor - "Description

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft GameInput. Product Version: 10.1.22621.1011. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0."

How do I solve this & why does it reconfigure everything works fine till then.

Do I actually need it or indeed Microsoft Gaming Services & X Box I never use them happy to remove if they are the issue but how.

:)

John Pryor1, Jul 10, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello John, yes, unfortunately you need these applications installed on your system, they work together with each other and end up using system files for that.

It's also good to have the Xbox App companion installed.

Also make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your computer.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. JackChatelain Win User

Hi John,

How did you fix this issue?

Thanks!
  4. John Pryor1 Win User

Will see what I can do as said friend of a friend. I do remember he said it could possibly be a power supply issue so run a power usage monitor program or see if it only happens on games where the computer is working hard but not easier ones. Low power causes it to reset.
  5. jcmolero Win User

I need to know! I am experiencing the issue constantly
  6. John Pryor1 Win User

Not 100% sure a friend of a friend did it, I think they did something to the registry.
Thema:

1. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft GameInput Application

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up: Why don't Microsoft answer the phone or keep hanging up 8f537fc1-738c-4354-b32c-dc809e86171c
  4. When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?: Hello, Ive been waiting years for microsoft to add support to my country Romania( a country thats in the EU) and yet it its been so long and no new updates. Please Microsoft expand your country...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to...: I had free 1 month Xbox game pass which came free with my pc when I bought it in 2021 (I can claim it till September 2023), So I claimed it in July 2023 and downloaded several games with Xbox game...
  7. On each startup of Windows 11 Pro the installer reconfigures Microsoft GameInput. Product...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On each startup of Windows 11 Pro the installer reconfigures Microsoft GameInput. Product...: This is the full text from the reliability monitor, windows appears to operate without any other errors, freezes or bluescreens etc. "Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name:...
  8. GameInput (microsoft)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameInput (microsoft): What is Microsoft GameInput? 92dfa350-290b-4cb9-b33b-40c90a84cdb1
  9. Microsoft GameInput

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft GameInput: For the past 10 days whenever Microsoft GameInput updates it freezes my pc which causes me to have to restart by holding the power button, ive tried everything google has given and nothing has...
  10. Microsoft GameInput and unknown cause for random shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft GameInput and unknown cause for random shut down: Hey, recently my PC started to randomly shut down when I or someone else was gaming on the computer. When I looked in the Reliability Monitor I saw that on the exact same minute Microsoft...