Microsoft Family Security Blocks all attempts for my child to play multi-player minecraft

Discus and support Microsoft Family Security Blocks all attempts for my child to play multi-player minecraft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since migrating from minecraft account to microsoft account, I have been unable to get multi-player minecraft working for my daughter. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ian D Thompson, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Microsoft Family Security Blocks all attempts for my child to play multi-player minecraft

Since migrating from minecraft account to microsoft account, I have been unable to get multi-player minecraft working for my daughter.

I tried pretending she was an adult by changing her age, it still doesn't work.

I created an xbox parent account for me. I can see the child accounts linked to it. But when I go to my daughters account and go to 'privacy and online safety' and the 'windows 10 devices online safety' tab, I can see that several key settings are in 'blocked' state. So I change them all to 'allowed' and hit submit, but when the page refreshes the settings are unchanged. No error, no guidence, no information, no nothing.

Microsoft, please sort this mess out, it is a joke!

:)

Ian D Thompson, Feb 26, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Microsoft Family Security Blocks all attempts for my child to play multi-player minecraft

Hello Ian D Thompson,

Thank you for reaching out to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting your daughter to play Minecraft online. Let's help you sort this out so your daughter can get back to gaming. Is this Java edition, or Bedrock edition?

I see you went to account.microsoft.com/settings and the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab to make sure to change those settings to Allow, but make sure to do so under the parent (your) account. Have your daughter fully close out of the game on the device she's using, then try again. Maybe try a different browser, or clearing your cache/cookies.

I also suggest downloading the Xbox Family Settings App on your mobile device. From there you can see your linked child account and change different content restrictions, including a specific Enable Minecraft section which will also tell you if your daughter is set up to play Minecraft, Multiplayer, Realms or not. You can even track how much screen time she uses, if she can add friends without permission and other content restrictions. Give that a try if the other method still does not work.

Lastly, if you are still having trouble, you can Contact Support for more help.

Additional Resources:

Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features | Xbox Support

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

Additional Parental Controls – Home (minecraft.net)

-Hayabusa
  3. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Child Account

Hello goboilers777,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The passkey is only for the Xbox. If the child knows the email address and password, the child will be able to change the family settings from a cell phone or computer. The best way to manage the security of the family settings
    is to set up the passkey on the console as recommended above and
    change the password of the adult account
    . If the child has access to the
    security information of the account
    , the child will be able to reset the password. In the event of attempting to change the password, the Microsoft account will send a verification code to the security information of the account. As long as the child does
    not have access to the security information, access to the password or access to the passkey; the child will not be able to change the family settings.
  4. WPAK Win User

Question to safety for kids

Hi there,

it's advised that a child will have it's own account with the details and age that matches, since that will result in a parent account being needed which can control what the child account can and can not do.

By doing that you will also be able to create a family, with that family you'll be able to control several things. See this link for information regarding a family:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/microsoft-account-family-benefits

other information regarding family etc:
    https://support.xbox.com/browse/xbox-one/security/Family

If you do want to go for it, then the only downside is his game progress and unlocked achievements etc, these can not be transferred to a different account. (There are a couple exceptions like Fortnite)

You can set your account to be limited to Child/Teen content but you can't block that from being changed, you can set up a passkey to block it from being changed, but that will not be as secure as using their own account
  5. EdwinHernandez Gonza Win User

Minecraft multiplayer

I recently migrated my account, and I can't play multi player bc it disabled, all guides/articles tells me to change it via the family section, but Im not in a microsoft family. so how can i enable it
  6. LukasBintang Win User

Minecraft multiplayer

I recently migrated my account, and I can't play multi player bc it disabled, all guides/articles tells me to change it via the family section, but Im not in a microsoft family. so how can i enable it
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Security Blocks all attempts for my child to play multi-player minecraft - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Security

2. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  3. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  5. How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?: Hi, I was buying Vbucks for my younger sister on Xbox 8.99 for 1000 Vbucks. Because she is under parental control it needs to “ask permission” and then it’s sent on Microsoft family on my phone...
  6. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  7. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  8. How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner: I am in a microsoft family that I do not know what the email to the owner is, I need to change my sons account restriction so he can play minecraft but I am not being able to....
  9. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  10. How can i leave microsoft family without a orginazor [my mom or dad didnt make the acc and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i leave microsoft family without a orginazor [my mom or dad didnt make the acc and...: So this happened to me NOW onetime i was pressing roblox and it said nope u need to send a request and i knew this problem was gonna be abt microsoft family features i was going to my family and...