Microsoft Family problems

Discus and support Microsoft Family problems in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, My friend needs help with his Microsoft family. I wanted to help him, In the microsoft family he is called a child and I don't know how to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tomas D_, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Tomas D_
    Tomas D_ Guest

Hello,

My friend needs help with his Microsoft family. I wanted to help him, In the microsoft family he is called a child and I don't know how to change that since I don't have a microsoft family. So If anyone knows how to make him a adult please tell me.

-Tomas

:)

Tomas D_, Nov 5, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Tomas, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, actually to make his account an 18+, the only person that can do it is the manager pf that family account.

The simple way to do it, is for his account be removed of the family, and then, him can do this:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Go to the top right corner, click on your avatar

click on my microsoft account

Click on "Your Information" on the top tab

go on the date of birth

Change to a date that matches age 18+.

Once this is done, log out your microsoft account from all open browser sites,

wait 20 minutes for the updates to take effect on the server, then click the link below.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Look for the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab

And change the settings "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live", "You can create and join clubs", and "You can join multiplayer games" to Allow.

Once all that is done, wait another 20 minutes to update the changed settings and that's it. :)
  3. Budderwarrior47 Win User

Microsoft Family Problem

It worked perfectly, thank you!
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Microsoft Family Problem

Hey bud thanks for bringing this issue to us!

Short answer, it could be that the account is set up as a minor, thus it will not allow the settings to be changed. The simple solution would be to make a new
    Microsoft Account and add the original account to it. After that is done, from the new account, change the privacy settings of the original account. Give it a shot and let us know
    if we can further assist in this or any other matter!
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

Microsoft Family problem

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

There are several different ways for family members and organizers to leave or be removed from a Microsoft family group depending on their role.

To remove yourself you can try:
    1. Using a web browser, sign in to family.microsoft.com
    2. Click next to your name and select Leave family group.
    3. Select Remove to confirm.

If the above does not work, your mom may have to try recover her account and remove you from the family group.

For more details on the above, kindly visit: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  6. AustinC07 Win User

Can not Download Dishonored 2

Hi, are you in a microsoft family? If so, it may be stopping you from buying items.

If you are in a family check permissions and it may fix the problem.

-Austin
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family problems

2. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  3. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  5. How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?: Hi, I was buying Vbucks for my younger sister on Xbox 8.99 for 1000 Vbucks. Because she is under parental control it needs to “ask permission” and then it’s sent on Microsoft family on my phone...
  6. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  7. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  8. How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner: I am in a microsoft family that I do not know what the email to the owner is, I need to change my sons account restriction so he can play minecraft but I am not being able to....
  9. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  10. Microsoft Family problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family problem: Hello. I am a child in family group with my mom but she has many business accounts and forgot one that is in microsoft family. and now i can't do stuff like playing online on minecraft or using...