Microsoft Family Email Notifications - Disabling

Discus and support Microsoft Family Email Notifications - Disabling in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, How can I disable the Microsoft Family email notifications for all parental accounts in my account. I am using the Microsoft Family App which is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StevenGaj1, Feb 14, 2021.

1. StevenGaj1
    StevenGaj1 Guest

Hi,

How can I disable the Microsoft Family email notifications for all parental accounts in my account. I am using the Microsoft Family App which is working well, but I'm getting multiple alerts for extra time via the app and email. Ideally I just want to disable all email notifications and just work with Reminders/Pop up from the MS Family App.

Many thanks,

Steve

:)

StevenGaj1, Feb 14, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

How do I disable emails for more screen time requests for Microsoft family?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

You should be able to disable email notifications for screen time requests from the Microsoft Family website. Here's how:

Go to the Microsoft Family website (https://family.microsoft.com/).

Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Click on the "Manage family settings" button.

In the left-hand menu, click on "Notifications."

Under "Screen time requests," toggle the switch to "Off."

Click on the "Save" button to apply the changes.

This should disable email notifications for screen time requests. You should still be able to see and manage screen time requests using the Family app on your phone or tablet.

I hope this helps.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Family Safety e0mail notification to add time can not be disabled

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dmitry

It seems that right now there is no way to disable email notifications for family notifications.

The most closest thing to that is adding a rule like advised on this similar thread on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/nbnrt...

"I created rule - this specific Microsoft email plus subject contain "can .... Have more time" and it automatically bypasses inbox and goes to trash.

This way I only have application notification."
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Unable to disable spending notification emails for family member

Hello GregFX,

Good day! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with spending notification emails for your family member. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue that Microsoft team are working to resolve as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try the following steps to disable the spending notifications for your son's account:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on a web browser. You may go to this link: Microsoft Family Safety

2. Select your son's account. Click on More options and then Manage permissions.

3. Under Email and notifications, uncheck the box that says Send me an email when this person buys something.

4. Click Save changes.

5. If the issue still persists, you may remove your son's account from Microsoft family and re-add it to see if it works.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Spending limits in Family Safety - Microsoft Support

We hope this helps you turn off the spending notifications for your son's account. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know. We are always happy to assist you.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. saboken(2) Win User

Promised free games a BUST

To unsubscribe from only this thread, disable email notifications online (Done)
  6. Clark Robbie Win User

gta 4 where I will find the key

"To disable all email notification from Xbox.com forums, navigate to settings, click on the email tag, then under email configuration section, set "send notification" to no.'

I've unticked this box but I'm still getting them.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Email Notifications - Disabling - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Email

2. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  3. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  5. How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?: Hi, I was buying Vbucks for my younger sister on Xbox 8.99 for 1000 Vbucks. Because she is under parental control it needs to “ask permission” and then it’s sent on Microsoft family on my phone...
  6. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  7. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  8. How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner: I am in a microsoft family that I do not know what the email to the owner is, I need to change my sons account restriction so he can play minecraft but I am not being able to....
  9. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  10. I never enrolled in Microsoft family and an unknown email is listed as the "family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never enrolled in Microsoft family and an unknown email is listed as the "family...: I was browsing the internet and was told that I would need permission to view a website. That led me to discover that someone with an unknown email set up microsoft family and is the organizer....