Microsoft family age restrictions?

Discus and support Microsoft family age restrictions? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Yousef Qarini, May 22, 2024.

1. Microsoft family age restrictions?

I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!

:)

Yousef Qarini, May 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Yousef, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

If you are using a child's account, only the family organizer account can edit these permissions.

Your Family Organizer is the person that created the account for you, have you tried asking your close ones?
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Is there a way to turn a child account into an adult account

While you can change the preferences in family settings to control a childs privacy and such, some games or their publishers have their own restrictions based on the account age. That age is deterined by the age of the Xbox account. Your family preferences will not overide restrictions set by the game publishers or the service providers (Xbox). For example, I think it is EA that restricts some online content to 13yrs and older. That cannot be changed via family preferences.
  4. Unique Dezign Win User

Can not play BF3 online

This is due to a age restriction on the profile called 'Family Settings'. You have been restricted to play games of a certain age category, therefore you are unable to play online.
  5. Vanessaez Win User

Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

Hello Thunder C, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Why is Microsoft Families not allowing my child to play in multiplayer mode?

I am very sorry for the problems you are having with Microsoft Families. I understand that it can be frustrating when something does not work as it should.

There are several reasons why Microsoft Families might be preventing your child from playing in multiplayer mode. One possibility is that the age restrictions are not set up correctly. Make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.

Another possibility is that your child does not have a Microsoft account. If so, you will need to create an account for them and add them to your Microsoft family.

Finally, it is also possible that there is a problem with the Minecraft software. Try reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the problem.

Here are some specific steps you can follow to try to troubleshoot the problem:

Check age restrictions. Open the Xbox Family app and go to "Settings". Then, select "Content restrictions" and make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.
    Check if your child has a Microsoft account. If they do not have an account, you will need to create one for them. To do this, go to the Microsoft accounts website and click "Create account".
    Reinstall Minecraft. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app and search for Minecraft. Then, click "Install".

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Need help setting up child account permissions for restricted purchasing.

So you can sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and it will allow you to set restrictions on what he can purchase as far as age restrictions and if your password would be needed to allow him to purchase things above what is restricted age
    wise. if you have your credit/debit card on his account you can remove it and from the family website it will allow you to add money to his account to make purchases with and within the age restriction this way you can limit what types of games he is allowed
    to purchase to age appropriate/content restricted games.
Thema:

1. Microsoft family age restrictions? - Similar Threads - Microsoft family age

2. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  3. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  4. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  6. How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?: Hi, I was buying Vbucks for my younger sister on Xbox 8.99 for 1000 Vbucks. Because she is under parental control it needs to “ask permission” and then it’s sent on Microsoft family on my phone...
  7. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  8. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  9. How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I figure out the email on my microsoft family owner: I am in a microsoft family that I do not know what the email to the owner is, I need to change my sons account restriction so he can play minecraft but I am not being able to....
  10. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...