Microsoft Family account issue

Discus and support Microsoft Family account issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I created a new profile and account for my child on our Xbox but a new parent account was generated using my phone number instead of my actual... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DylanTynes, May 27, 2023.

1. DylanTynes
    DylanTynes Guest

Hello,

I created a new profile and account for my child on our Xbox but a new parent account was generated using my phone number instead of my actual account. Help FAQ says I can just remove the child account from the family but it’s not possible since it’s a child account.

Is there a way to get the child account moved to the proper account?

:)

DylanTynes, May 27, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, are you able to access the parent account/Organizer for the Microsoft Family?

If so, kindly confirm by signing the parent account on account.microsoft.com > then go to family > from there, check if you can remove the child account using your parent account.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Microsoft family account and xbox account issue

4. HovigM Win User

Thank you for responding Jesse, It has me as the organizer and has both of my two sons as family members
  5. HovigM Win User

Thank you. I will reach out to epic. Any ideas about why i cannot change his profile information?
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Sign in here and see if the other son's account is listed as a member or organiser https://account.microsoft.com/family/

If it is, change his privilege to a "Member" account and see if that addresses the issue.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family account issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family account

2. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  3. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  5. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  7. Account Recovery for accounts in a Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery for accounts in a Microsoft family: Backstory: A hacker stole my sons Epic Games account, as he had some very rare skins for Fortnight. In the process his Microsoft account was locked due to suspicious activity. We have been trying...
  8. How do I see the activity from Family Organiser on my microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I see the activity from Family Organiser on my microsoft account?: Hi there, We have time restrictions for our kids on the xbox. When they finish their time, they automatically go into the Family Organiser account and continue to play using this account. I...
  9. Minecraft java multiplayer for Kids in microsoft family account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft java multiplayer for Kids in microsoft family account.: I have recently purchased a third copy of minecraft Java for my youngest to play online. I cannot seem to allow the multiplayer option, i have allowed all options in the family/xbox privacy...
  10. How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...: We have a family account, with one parent profile and two child profiles. I am trying to sign into one of the child profiles on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. When I go through the process of...