Microsoft Edge Security on Xbox Series X/S

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Security on Xbox Series X/S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I am wondering how safe Edge on Xbox Series X/S is compared to browsing on the computer? For example, if you book hotels, do shopping, use your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Curious778, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Curious778
    Curious778 Guest

Hi,

I am wondering how safe Edge on Xbox Series X/S is compared to browsing on the computer?

For example, if you book hotels, do shopping, use your credit card, etc.

I am wondering in case there is a malicious website or something that cause a lot of problems.

Since there are many virus-related ads and potentially many things I may not even know, I'd like to make sure.

Any ideas?

:)

Curious778, Aug 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Curious778

To be honest I think both browsers are safe. But on Xbox could be a bit more, due to there you're not allowed to download content directly to the console.

Viruses exists due to people download untrusted files and they opened on their computers or download not licensed/legal programs. That's it

The best antivirus is the common sense, so as long as you always enter to safe and trusted pages, you're good to go.

Hope it helps, don't hesitate to ask further questions if necessary
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. Kathy A. Win User

F1TV not playing live video

Hello,

We really appreciate everyone's response to streaming F1TV on Microsoft Edge for Xbox Series X|S. As previously asked, based on the answer we have here, there is an issue specifically on the F1TV website, on Microsoft Edge, and on the device: Xbox Series X|S.

Isolating the issue based on your responses:

• Try other streaming sites if the issue persists on Microsoft Edge for Xbox console; we got a response that other streaming sites work fine.
    • Try the same page (F1TV) on a different device: We got two responses that this page works fine on a different device.
    • Use InPrivate Window: We received a response that still persists.
    • The problem exists only this year; we received a reply that confirms it.
    We may need to consider any updates that occur before the issue starts. If there is no Microsoft Edge or Xbox Series X|S update that can cause the issue, then this issue should also be reported to F1TV Support.

As we pass this along to the correct team who will further investigate this issue, we would ask everyone to take these two steps.

First, take a screenshot of the page in Microsoft Edge that displays the error message with the website visible.

Second, install the Xbox Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X|S and send feedback to Team Xbox. Kindly attach the screenshots you have taken beforehand and submit feedback to the team.

Please check this link for guide: Provide feedback to Team Xbox

If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

4. ngocphi Win User

How to use the new Bing/Microsoft Edge on Xbox

Well are you on xbox one or series s/x then just use it

Bing isn't as good as Google

Keep in mind edge on console isn't a desktop browser it's sandboxed and has limits on what it can do

You can't download edge on your console it comes built.in
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Looks like you already own this app - but it’s not in my library

Hello Jay Garshaw,

Thank you for your swift reply.

If you are using Xbox Series X|S, you should have a Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge is a browser where you can visit website and search information. If you have Microsoft Edge on your Xbox, you may search for Hulu's website and stream videos from the site itself. If you do not have a browser, then please report this issue to Hulu support for them to investigate.

Regards,

6. Francia J. Win User

Why I can not redeem my X360 Forza Horizon digital code?

Oh, sorry and yes, it can be redeemed on the website and on the console.

I was supposed to say "Xbox 360 or Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S console", sorry for that.

Have you tried redeeming the code on a Microsoft Edge browser via https://redeem.microsoft.com? Make sure that you're signed in under the correct account.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Security on Xbox Series X/S - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Security

2. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  3. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  4. My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge)

in XBoX on Windows
    My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge): My tabs keep sleeping and it is so annoying, i already tried to go into the settings but I can't fix it! 48cc26f7-217b-4687-9a21-350b16f9c910
  5. Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.: I used to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox to be able to watch my friends streams on Discord, as the Xbox support for Discord still only includes voice calls and doesn't support streaming yet. However,...
  6. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  7. What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge: Tabs go to sleep way too fast c2bc1a55-6c68-4f39-bb76-9ff601b0ef67
  8. Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S: Hey there everyone! I just bought the Xbox series s and I wanted to use the Edge browser for some work. However my mouse cursor doesn't appear/work. I am also using a keyboard which seems to work...
  9. Infamous Error Code 224003 but hear me out!! Microsoft Edge (Xbox One S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Infamous Error Code 224003 but hear me out!! Microsoft Edge (Xbox One S): So my Xbox One S is basically my computer and I do everything on it and it's Xbox so I've no choice and am forced to use Edge. (Unless there is another way I'm not aware of? If so tell me plz ^^)...
  10. HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?!: I'm more livid right now than I've ever been with Microsoft. I'll be abundantly clear - I have been trying for months to combat lust in my life -- thus, I've restricted much of my internet...