Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, i've been having this problem for nearly a month. My Series X console is fully up to date but a notification keeps appearing on my Edge tool bar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BenjaminWade3, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times...

Hi, i've been having this problem for nearly a month. My Series X console is fully up to date but a notification keeps appearing on my Edge tool bar saying that i need to update my browser. Yet, no matter how many times i select the update now option on my Series X Edge browser, it still keeps telling me that i need to update. For example, i'll press the update now option, i'll get a notification saying edge will update the next time i close and restart the browser. I then close and restart the browser and open Edge back up, only to find there are no changes and i still get the Need to Update notification. I also experienced this issue during the last update in January, as did a number of people, i posted a help request on here and the developers had to come up with a work. Around, you can find the help message i posted here for details: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/microsoft-edge-update-for-xbox-series-x/3d1820c7-8f29-4972-9455-1b2c90fcb292

:)

BenjaminWade3, Sep 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times i've pressed the update now option

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BENJAMINWADE3

There are some players experiencing this. And this bug is random.
    In my case I can see the "update available" bug on my Series S but not on my Series X

And both browser versions are the same (101.0.1210.56)

Please report this problem to both Edge and Xbox team

Xbox: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Edge: Click on the three dots > help and feedback > send feedback (the one with the alt+mayus+I shortcut next to it)

Hopefully this problem will be fixed with the September update
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times i've pressed the update now option

Please remember that Edge on Xbox is not a desktop browser. It has features intentionally disabled for security reasons.
  4. ngocphi Win User

As mentioned it's not a desktop browser

Ita best not to click o. Such popups

The only update you should ever accept ia from Xbox UPDATE not from browsers even on desktop

You can't independently update the edge browser

Either your website want to access your browser in a way it shouldnt meaning don't visit the site or it's a popup you shouldn't be click on period

Those are notifications NOT UPGRADE msgs

You do not upgrade from popup oe notifications ever

Doing so on a desktop put your pc at risk

It runs the latest version of chromium which shouldnt need to update except security updates or functions from the Xbox update not a webpage

2 if ita trying to access functions it shouldn't DONT CLICK ON IT

Or it's trying to make you download an extension which conaolea DONT HAVE
  5. DAVEH967 Win User

Discovery plus isn't working on my Xbox One s

Yep I have the same thing on xbox series x, and if I use the edge browser and go to discovery plus

it won't let me stream but if I use my laptop it works fine. That tells me it's a xbox Microsoft) problem.
  6. Scar7humb Win User

Microsoft Edge can't update on Xbox Series S

This is happening to my Xbox Series X.I load bing and in the upper right where the 3 dots are a message saying "edge is out of date" appears.If i click it then a offical Microsoft edge page loads and a choice to update is given.If i chose Windows 11 it says not supported.I have had this happen 4 times in 6 days.It some times makes edge un usable as it asks to accept cookies/t & c over and over.I tryed a factory reset keeping my games and apps but it was the same.I did a power cycle then the edge out of date message was gone but within a 24 hour period it happend again.Is My Series X broke? What should i do? I am considering trying a factory reset without keeping my games and apps or selling it.It seems to be tied to my tag as i have a second tag on the console which doesn't get the edge out of date message.Any ideas anyone? Help.
Thema:

Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times...

1. Microsoft Edge on my Series X keeps telling me i need to update no matter how many times... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Series

2. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  3. My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge)

in XBoX on Windows
    My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge): My tabs keep sleeping and it is so annoying, i already tried to go into the settings but I can't fix it! 48cc26f7-217b-4687-9a21-350b16f9c910
  4. Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.: I used to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox to be able to watch my friends streams on Discord, as the Xbox support for Discord still only includes voice calls and doesn't support streaming yet. However,...
  5. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  6. What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge: Tabs go to sleep way too fast c2bc1a55-6c68-4f39-bb76-9ff601b0ef67
  7. Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S: Hey there everyone! I just bought the Xbox series s and I wanted to use the Edge browser for some work. However my mouse cursor doesn't appear/work. I am also using a keyboard which seems to work...
  8. Infamous Error Code 224003 but hear me out!! Microsoft Edge (Xbox One S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Infamous Error Code 224003 but hear me out!! Microsoft Edge (Xbox One S): So my Xbox One S is basically my computer and I do everything on it and it's Xbox so I've no choice and am forced to use Edge. (Unless there is another way I'm not aware of? If so tell me plz ^^)...
  9. Can my Xbox Series S console get any virus from Microsoft edge?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can my Xbox Series S console get any virus from Microsoft edge?: I was browsing the Microsoft edge browser on my Xbox Series S console and accidentally clicked on a random site that could very likely contain dangerous viruses or malicious code. I should note...
  10. I can't find microsoft edge on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't find microsoft edge on my xbox series s: I bought my series s in january and i didn't have any problems, until i wanted to use edge and i couldn't find it on apps nor store, my xbox is updated and everything else is normal, i used vpns,...