Microsoft did not send me a replacement controller and now wants me to pay for a repair

Discus and support Microsoft did not send me a replacement controller and now wants me to pay for a repair in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As stated above, I’m having some issues here. So Microsoft was supposed to send me a replacement controller (“replacement” is the word they used in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LoudGotMeLifted, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Microsoft did not send me a replacement controller and now wants me to pay for a repair

As stated above, I’m having some issues here. So Microsoft was supposed to send me a replacement controller (“replacement” is the word they used in the email they sent to me) back in August but they sent me the original back. Of course I didn’t look at the serial number before I dove right back into gaming when they sent me the “replacement” controller. I had been having some issues with some controller functions for a while but haven’t had a chance to try to check out the warranty status until recently. I quickly realized this is the original controller and that I never received a replacement. I spoke with 2 agents about this today. I told them the email said it was supposed to be a replacement and even has the new s/n. The 1st agent listened to me explain my situation for about 20 seconds and cut me off before I could finish. I tried to explain again and she acted like we had a bad connection and hung up on me. The 2nd agent said he could hear me just fine so I began to explain the issue to him however he told me there was nothing I could do. Apparently you have to send in the same device 3 times during the 1st year of use to receive a replacement. That’s not what my email said. He also said there was no one else I could speak with about the matter. The warranty for the original controller (the one in my possession, they did not send a replacement) ran out in November and now I’m kind of peeved that they’re saying I need to pay for a repair when they didn’t even send me a replacement in the first place. So my question is, is there any further action I can take? Possibly even legal action?

:)

LoudGotMeLifted, Feb 4, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Microsoft did not send me a replacement controller and now wants me to pay for a repair

There are two possible repair scenarios: Standard Exchange and Same Unit Repair. Same unit repair is when devices are extensively tested, cleaned, and repaired using Microsoft genuine parts. Devices will go through four passes of complete component testing and will be repaired.

However, according to the request, 02630096595028 was your original serial number.

02630061232111 is the replacement. If you have proof of purchase showing that 02630061232111 was the original controller then you can go to Contact us | Xbox Support and show them there may have been an error.

The Warranty post-replacement is 90 days or the remainder of the warranty, whichever is greater. You can check the warranty on your controller by going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices

Regards,

Hayabusa
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Thank you for your reply.

According to the file, it shows your updated serial number is: 02630061232111. This has replaced your original serial number 02630096595028.

They do look very similar in the beginning. If you have a copy of the receipt from the original purchase, or the original box the controller came in, you can compare the serial numbers.

-Hayabusa
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello LoudGotMeLifted,

Sorry to hear about your controller and replacement issues.

What was the original serial number for the controller you sent out?
  5. Joshua_Law Win User

I got my controller back and the left stick was still stuck. I don't know If they test the controllers(obviously not) but I do know that if they couldn't fix the controller(which they didn't) they would replace it. I didn't get a replacement, my controller wasn't repaired. An series 2 Elite controller is quite expensive I don't understand why they treat It likes it's nothing. I'm not made of money, please someone help me.
  6. LoudGotMeLifted Win User

So why was I told I was getting a replacement controller? One with a new serial number. They sent me the old one with the old serial.
Thema:

1. Microsoft did not send me a replacement controller and now wants me to pay for a repair - Similar Threads - Microsoft did send

2. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  5. Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!: Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?! Online chat option is gone. Phone numbers all go to a digital assistant who will not let you speak to a human. HOW DO I GET A HUMAN??!!!!!...
  6. Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?: My son just recently got an Xbox and we downloaded Fornite, however I was not there when he went to open the game on the console and it looks like a whole new Fortnite account was created for him....
  7. Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify: I am locked out of hotmail, my son tried to reset the xbox and I got kicked out of email. I cannot reset password as it has a non existing email address to send to and the phone number I have on...
  8. cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528754833620992000/1179920572986179604/image.png?ex=657b89aa&is=656914aa&hm=8206c96d68c9c8e952be2d5d852eaa484d726f57e1f53355322566fbcd299d9b& Microsoft 帐户团队...
  9. why did Microsoft send me the xbox series x back broken??? is this how Microsoft treats...

in XBoX on Windows
    why did Microsoft send me the xbox series x back broken??? is this how Microsoft treats...: why did Microsoft send me the broken xbox series x back broken??? is this how Microsoft treats customers??? the letter from Microsoft that was with the xbox when it was returned is because it had...
  10. Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo...: my Halo edition elite 2 controller started having issues a month or two ago so I finally decided to send it in for repairs before the warranty ran up, however I was sent a normal elite 2...