Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 To Launch Worldwide This Summer

Discus and support Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 To Launch Worldwide This Summer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A fixed date has not yet been locked in, but Windows 10 is most definitely en route, and it'll come with a whole host of features for Xbox One users.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

A fixed date has not yet been locked in, but Windows 10 is most definitely en route, and it'll come with a whole host of features for Xbox One users. First off, the system will

allow you to stream your Xbox One games to your PC screen
    , meaning that your PC more or less becomes an extra screen for gaming. On top of that,

"universal" apps designed for Windows 10 will be available on Xbox One
    , so there's plenty of scope for what that could mean in the future. And as if that wasn't enough,

you'll get a sweet Xbox app baked right into the system
    at launch, allowing you to send messages to your Xbox Live friends, arrange game meetups, and all manner of other things.

:)

Lofty Who, Mar 17, 2015
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    IndieRock, Mar 17, 2015
  3. TheRockyShoe
    TheRockyShoe Guest
    Windows 10 releasing this summer

I'm somewhat expecting Windows 10 to launch on all confirmed devices around the same time, with Xbox One being in a later date.

TheRockyShoe, Mar 17, 2015
  4. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

Lofty Who, Mar 17, 2015
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    Where in that link did it credit a source for a summer release?

I'm in the technical preview and although its a great new OS, it is far from being finished. Especially the Xbox stuff.

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Mar 18, 2015
  6. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    There is an article on Gameinformer.

Announced during a Microsoft event in China.

I guess,the PC world is happy.

Tzar of kaos, Mar 18, 2015
  7. Randver
    Randver Guest
    Way to soon.

The threads in the PC gaming forums from people in the tech preview have all but disappeared in the last month after numerous complaints about gaming related issues. It looks like people have moved on until it's more stable. AMD cards were having issues,
    drivers not working, etc etc which is to be expected in a beta but you make sure you have those issues fixed before you release it and that won't happen before this summer.

The conspiracy theory in the PC gaming world is that MS will be forcing us to beta test Win 8 2.0 for the free year and if we wait until they fix everything ( if ever ) they'll charge us for it (after the free upgrade period). So much for them trying to
    get back into the good graces of the PC gaming crowd.

Releasing a broken OS to the One is a whole another issue.....you don't have an option to roll it back to something that works.

Randver, Mar 18, 2015
  8. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest

Zero Divided, Mar 18, 2015
  9. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    For once I agree with Randver. Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 To Launch Worldwide This Summer :)

How can they release this in the Summer?

There are way too many issues that, last time I checked in the insiders hub, have not been resolved.

They're not even going to have a Release Candidate?

Very confusing.

Here's the link to the Windows blog and story

Edit: Zero beat me to it.

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Mar 18, 2015
  10. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    While I don't play games on the P.C., Windows 10 has been near flawless (One minor problem.) since it has been loaded. Personally like 10 better than XP or 7 and am looking forward to the release.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Mar 18, 2015
  11. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @D33dles

Win 8 received a very positive reception from most non-gamers when it was released. It was simplistic and reminded people of their phones and tablets. The gaming end was a whole different story.

The concern every One owner should have is a Win 8 type release to the console. Win 8 broke games that worked fine on Win 7, performance dropped significantly and it took the better part of two years for them to get it fixed.

I would hope that before any new Win 10 OS version is sent to the One it would be thoroughly tested but if they are looking at a summer release that'll be impossible. You'd think that MS would understand the risk of releasing an unfinished OS to the console
    but history with the PC shows differently. If they screw this up Sony will be selling a lot of consoles this summer.

Randver, Mar 18, 2015
  12. I want a piece of the action, D33ds! How do I get in early!?

...and yes, I'm aware that there's a risk involved.

Galactic Geek, Mar 18, 2015
  13. Randver
    Randver Guest

Randver, Mar 18, 2015
  14. Randver
    Randver Guest
  15. Can't see how Windows 10 will have any impact on the console with regards to running games. Xbox One games don't run in Windows, they run from the console's other operating system - the console has three operating systems, only one of which is Windows based.
    In any case it would only be the Windows 10 Kernal that console will get. Not the full PC OS.

Obsessive Power, Mar 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 To Launch Worldwide This Summer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Confirms Windows

2. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...
  3. Can I delete an Xbox account without deleting a Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I delete an Xbox account without deleting a Microsoft account?: Is it possible to see what Xbox accounts I have linked to a Microsoft account? I’m trying to delete an Xbox account I have since it might be overlapping another account I actually use. If I can’t...
  4. Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account: It’s call oauth and I downloaded it I do not know what it is 65e338aa-ffde-4571-a97f-664fa97ee7db
  5. How do I talk to a person at microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a person at microsoft?: I can sign in, but it won't sign me on. Does Microsoft not support accounts anymore? ef8748e9-0625-48c7-84fc-e60d2638d67b
  6. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  7. How do I cancel my refund request if I never received an confirmation email from Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I cancel my refund request if I never received an confirmation email from Microsoft...: I recently requested ark ascended and I accidentally sent a request to refund it an never got a confirmation email for I can cancel the refund request b788e17e-6d9d-43fb-8aad-b22bf4b75e8b
  8. Microsoft didn't transfer Minecraft to my account after confirmed successfull migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft didn't transfer Minecraft to my account after confirmed successfull migration: I have tried so many things by now. And I am very, very ANGRY about this. I have migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft in February of 2022. Instantly, after a confirmation email about the...
  9. I mistakenly selected confirm to purchase a movie from Microsoft on XBOX 1. Is there a way to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I mistakenly selected confirm to purchase a movie from Microsoft on XBOX 1. Is there a way to ...: I need to get info pn Xbox 1 movie purchases 80ae2e02-6948-4119-8ae0-9200330e67c1
  10. how can you confirm a purchase in your microsoft account cause i have 5 euro in it but i can't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can you confirm a purchase in your microsoft account cause i have 5 euro in it but i can't ...: i bought a 5 euro worthy live card but now i can't use it as a payment methode cause it's telling me to confirm the purchase on my microsoft account i have no clue how to do this. i almost tried...