Microsoft Casual Games Minesweeper Intermittently Doesn't Award Win

Discus and support Microsoft Casual Games Minesweeper Intermittently Doesn't Award Win in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Casual Games Minesweeper 4.2.10101.0 intermittently doesn't award a solved puzzle. That is, upon solving a puzzle, returning to the Daily... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ed Crowley1, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Ed Crowley1
    Ed Crowley1 Guest

Microsoft Casual Games Minesweeper 4.2.10101.0 intermittently doesn't award a solved puzzle. That is, upon solving a puzzle, returning to the Daily Challenges window, the puzzle shows as unsolved. This seems to be a bug in the new version of the app.

:)

Ed Crowley1, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Ed Crowley1 Win User

More information: In Daily Challenges, the first puzzle I try to solve does not award me the blue ribbon. I have to solve it a second time or solve one of the other two puzzles. Also, sometimes I am seeing five Daily Challenge puzzles instead of three. It changes to three when I go to a puzzle and return to Daily Challenges. Perhaps this is what's causing the problem I reported.
  3. Ed Crowley1 Win User

I can't think of anything I can do to fix or improve the issue. When I finish a game and click "Continue", it returns to the Daily Challenges page without a blue ribbon. It's intermittent, so there isn't much of anything I can do to reproduce it.
  4. Ed Crowley1 Win User

I have what is apparently the answer to my problem. My Minesweeper app switched over to the new version when I changed PCs. The new app now has five daily challenges. However, my game history was the three-game version, so the app takes a little while to detect this and change to the three-game mode and the first game I play before the app changes wasn't rewarded. Now that the month has changed, I'm getting the five-game version and the app is working right. So, this problem only applies to those who have three-game histories and get upgraded to the current app, and will only be a problem until the first of the next month. The workaround is to wait a minute or so until after the app starts, click around on the daily/monthly/yearly view until you see three games instead of five in the daily view.
  5. Ed Crowley1 Win User

Thank you. I didn't know about the bug report link. I have posted a bug report. You may close this thread.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ed

I was double checking to see if this is a known issue but I was not able to find something related with the new update.

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this tell me what did you tried so far to improve / fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
Thema:

1. Microsoft Casual Games Minesweeper Intermittently Doesn't Award Win - Similar Threads - Microsoft Casual Games

2. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  3. Microsoft Store game - Solitaire & Casual Games is stuck loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store game - Solitaire & Casual Games is stuck loading: Since today I get a pop-up when opening the app to either accept or decline and continue terms of service. No matter which option is selected the game will get stuck on the loading screen. The...
  4. Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?: I have been playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection (now known as Solitaire and Casual Games) for several years, first on my Windows 10 computer, and since this spring on my current Windows 11...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games not loading: Hi I have paid two days ago £12.49 to upgrade to the premium service. The game was working fine yesterday but today I can’t get past the loading screen. I have followed the advice on Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games don't work since few days on PC ( and I'd payed for it!)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games don't work since few days on PC ( and I'd payed for it!): Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games don't work since few days on PC 4dcb0bd5-3ae5-457e-8c3e-3c891a28cc31
  7. Why doesn't Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games open any more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games open any more: I have a problem. I accepted an update from Solitaire collection and it has done nothing since except for the cards spinning around all the time. I have tried everything from clearing cache,...
  8. Why aren't my Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games opening?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren't my Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games opening?: My Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games are not opening. I have followed all of the troubleshooting tips, watched a number of DYI YouTube videos, and searched the internet for a solution. Nothing...
  9. Microsoft casual game bingo

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft casual game bingo: I like 100's of other gamers are experiencing "Cannot connect to server" when trying to fix this problem. Microsoft fixed it five days ago but it has gone back to the original issue, is it...
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw casual game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw casual game: Microsoft casual jigsaw game wasn't fully loading. Upon talking to a technician he suggested I reinstall the game. I asked him if by doing so I'd loose all my gold bar reward points and he said he...