Microsoft auto-update broke saved games

Discus and support Microsoft auto-update broke saved games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft auto-updated and what I saw updating was something called "microsoft store purchases" or something to that effect on 12/8/2022 at 12:36 am.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BogWitch420, Dec 9, 2022.

1. BogWitch420
    BogWitch420 Guest

Microsoft auto-updated and what I saw updating was something called "microsoft store purchases" or something to that effect on 12/8/2022 at 12:36 am. Now when I try to boot up Diablo 2 Resurrected it gives me an error that the cloud and local data are different. Ive tried syncing to the cloud or to the console and neither work. Now its telling me that I should delete all local games on my console. I saw a suggestion elsewhere on the forums to reset my router and hard reset my xbox and neither worked. I would really like to not lose all my saved games since I dont think theyre all on the cloud. Is there some way to force my saved games to the cloud before clearing locally or better yet can I turn back my console to before this clearly broken update? Attached are pics of the errors.
    Microsoft auto-update broke saved games [​IMG]

:)

BogWitch420, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello BogWitch420, in the first image you sent I verify that you belong to Insider.

What would be the Insider ring you belong to, I ask this because the higher the Insider level, the more instabilities your console's operating system will have.

That's because the insider system has bugs and is always being tested precisely so that problems can be eliminated before the update goes to normal consoles.

The ideal in your case would be to contact the Insider through Reddit so that they can help you.

Provide feedback as an Xbox Insider

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/account-pro...

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Why is the minecraft Demo disc selling for SO much?

On a more serious note people want this disc so they can play online without having to update to the version of the game that disabled the auto save feature for the host if they are "away". Many people used this feature to host a persistent server online
    and have it auto save by the host save.
  4. docpt Win User

Fallout New Vegas seems to be a mess

All 360 games right now, mate. Not reading the DLC-stuck because can't load any save files. Latest xbox update broke it.
  5. RJMac77 Win User

Network Login Required

It’s not a subscription game. Also, it’s Microsoft requiring that i connect to Game Pass. As for troubleshooting, I’ve determined that if I stay offline then auto-save works perfectly, no console freezes. If I go online auto-save will freeze my console every time, plus I lose ALL progress (sometimes days in game time). I’ve experimented with various auto-save lengths, no change.
  6. Boas BS5 Win User

Lost Everything !!! :(

Yeh being able to upload game saves is a big bonus this gen, especially now they auto update.
Thema:

1. Microsoft auto-update broke saved games - Similar Threads - Microsoft auto update

2. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  3. Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?: My son just recently got an Xbox and we downloaded Fornite, however I was not there when he went to open the game on the console and it looks like a whole new Fortnite account was created for him....
  4. Why does my Microsoft account auto log out on its own accord?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Microsoft account auto log out on its own accord?: I have no clue what just happened, but I tried to open up Minecraft on Lunar Client and then again through the launcher and it had my microsoft account logged out. I then went through the xbox...
  5. When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox...: I want to buy Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s addition but when hovering over the button that says by 39.99 it reads not playable on this device? My Xbox One x edition? Why is this is it just...
  6. How can Microsoft charge to change gamertag after an auto name was given to me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can Microsoft charge to change gamertag after an auto name was given to me?: Hello. I am new to Xbox world bought an Xbox Series X one week ago. While setting up my Xbox account online I had a default username , so I wanted to have the same as the one I have on my...
  7. My Microsoft rewards auto reedeem for 1 months Game Pass hasn't worked on the 1st November,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft rewards auto reedeem for 1 months Game Pass hasn't worked on the 1st November,...: My rewards auto redeem for the 1st Novmber hasn't worked for 1 months gamepass ultimate, l have sufficient rewards points accumulated. The auto redeem worked perfectly on the 1st Ocotber (first...
  8. Microsoft auto-sign in for xbox app and minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft auto-sign in for xbox app and minecraft: I want to sign into my Xbox account on the Xbox app on my pc but the Xbox app automatically signs into my Pc's email which is a different Microsoft account so I can't access my other Xbox account...
  9. Will my Microsoft account balance be used when auto-paying for ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Microsoft account balance be used when auto-paying for ultimate game pass: If I have a balance of $10 in my Microsoft account and I have an active debit card being used for auto pay on my ultimate game pass will the $10 in my Microsoft account get used first then the...
  10. My Microsoft rewards auto redeemed £5, took the points but I haven’t received the money....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft rewards auto redeemed £5, took the points but I haven’t received the money....: I have the auto redeem feature on for Microsoft rewards, with this being the £5 option, as it was the first of the month and I had the points it did so, but I haven’t received the £5, and it took...