Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

Discus and support Microsoft age restrictions Family Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Yousef Qarini, May 22, 2024.

1. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!

:)

Yousef Qarini, May 22, 2024
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Is there a way to turn a child account into an adult account

While you can change the preferences in family settings to control a childs privacy and such, some games or their publishers have their own restrictions based on the account age. That age is deterined by the age of the Xbox account. Your family preferences will not overide restrictions set by the game publishers or the service providers (Xbox). For example, I think it is EA that restricts some online content to 13yrs and older. That cannot be changed via family preferences.
  3. Vanessaez Win User

Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

Hello Thunder C, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Why is Microsoft Families not allowing my child to play in multiplayer mode?

I am very sorry for the problems you are having with Microsoft Families. I understand that it can be frustrating when something does not work as it should.

There are several reasons why Microsoft Families might be preventing your child from playing in multiplayer mode. One possibility is that the age restrictions are not set up correctly. Make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.

Another possibility is that your child does not have a Microsoft account. If so, you will need to create an account for them and add them to your Microsoft family.

Finally, it is also possible that there is a problem with the Minecraft software. Try reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the problem.

Here are some specific steps you can follow to try to troubleshoot the problem:

Check age restrictions. Open the Xbox Family app and go to "Settings". Then, select "Content restrictions" and make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.
    Check if your child has a Microsoft account. If they do not have an account, you will need to create one for them. To do this, go to the Microsoft accounts website and click "Create account".
    Reinstall Minecraft. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app and search for Minecraft. Then, click "Install".

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Microsoft family age restrictions?

Hi Yousef, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

If you are using a child's account, only the family organizer account can edit these permissions.

Your Family Organizer is the person that created the account for you, have you tried asking your close ones?
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Need help setting up child account permissions for restricted purchasing.

So you can sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and it will allow you to set restrictions on what he can purchase as far as age restrictions and if your password would be needed to allow him to purchase things above what is restricted age
    wise. if you have your credit/debit card on his account you can remove it and from the family website it will allow you to add money to his account to make purchases with and within the age restriction this way you can limit what types of games he is allowed
    to purchase to age appropriate/content restricted games.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

ea games problem

I know EA games sometimes have age restrictions. Are you on a Child Account or a Secondary Account on a Family Plan?
Thema:

Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

1. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account - Similar Threads - Microsoft age restrictions

2. Microsoft family age restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family age restrictions?: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!...
  3. I redeemed code for Age of Empire 4 through Microsoft (bought at walmart) and then it never...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed code for Age of Empire 4 through Microsoft (bought at walmart) and then it never...: I redeemed a code for Age of Empire 4 PC through Microsoft (bought at Walmart) and then it never downloaded onto my computer (Dell Optiplex 7070). I have hit on every tab at Microsoft for help, it...
  4. i want to buy age of empires collectors addition from Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i want to buy age of empires collectors addition from Microsoft store: i put the game into my basket then go to pay for it and it asks me to create a character for xbox...i want to play the game on my pc not xbox . i dont want game pass or play the game in a cloud or...
  5. After changing my age, and being removed from the Microsoft 'family' I was previously in, I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After changing my age, and being removed from the Microsoft 'family' I was previously in, I...: After changing my age, and being removed from the Microsoft 'family' I was previously in, I still can't play Minecraft multiplayer (I still receive the "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your...
  6. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft...: I bought Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 3 years ago and have been playing it regularly ever since. A week ago i tried to start the game, but got an error and the game didn't launch. I tried...
  7. Can I play online games If I bought Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition from Microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play online games If I bought Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition from Microsoft store?: I have 2 options for getting AOE2 : either from steam or from Microsoft store , can I play online If I bought it from Microsoft store? 06563082-8c4c-492f-bec4-8f15ff8de6a9
  8. I am unable to do the Korean age verification while I migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to do the Korean age verification while I migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft.: I purchased Minecraft through a Mojang account I created while I lived in South Korea. Now I am studying abroad in the U.S and want to play Minecraft so I need to migrate my Mojang account to a...
  9. Turning off age restrictions on my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turning off age restrictions on my Microsoft account: When I tried accessing a website on my Xbox it demands me to ask for parental permission first and won't let me access, however I'm NOT a minor and the age my account is set at reflects that....
  10. How to change a microsoft account age under 18 for Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change a microsoft account age under 18 for Minecraft: [img] Hello unsers, I want to play Minecraft and through the microsoft migration with a microsoft conto which has an age of 15 which is under 18 I only can play the singleplayer mode in...