Microsoft Advocacy Team never Fixed issue.

Discus and support Microsoft Advocacy Team never Fixed issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought an Xbox One to play Destiny with my friends. I have had an active Xbox Live account in many years. I tried to purchase Gold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lokiondo, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Lokiondo
    Lokiondo Guest

I recently bought an Xbox One to play Destiny with my friends. I have had an active Xbox Live account in many years. I tried to purchase Gold membership from xbox but it failed. I even purchased a prepaid xbox live card and it still wouldnt add to my
    account. I contacted xbox tech support and they found my account was locked and they were unable to unlock it. The directed my issue to the Advocacy Team and told me they would contact me in 24 hours. 36 hours later I still havent received a responce. In
    my current research it appears the Advocacy Team is Microsoft code for where issues go unresolved and are sent to die. I will keep this post update if I get any further info. If a Microsoft Dev does see this and wants to look into it
    [Mod Removed]

:)

Lokiondo, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Trouble downloading and paying for content with microsoft money

You're probably having the same issue I did. I always used Microsoft money, never a credit card and for some reason my account was locked for 3-4 weeks. Call support and get your case escalated to the Advocacy Team.

OptimusGnarkill, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Alien Prey
    Alien Prey Guest
    Xbox Live signup is currently unavailable..

The advocacy team finally fixed our problem during the latter part of Xmas day, after a few emails.

The problem turned out to be that my child's account no longer had my parent accounts Microsoft ID associated with it. It had been deleted (probably due to the server issues Microsoft were having, but that is only my thought. Certainly neither my child or
    I deleted it). My Microsoft ID was fine, it just was no longer linked.

The fix was simple enough. The advocacy team re associated my Microsoft ID with my child's gamer tag their end and then all started to work on the xbox and he was a happy bunny again. They did need my console ID as well.

I can only urge you to call the 0800 support number, explain the issue to them, so they can escalate to the advocacy team. The advocacy team took about 3 days from initial support request to them making initial contact with me and then sorted it in a couple
    of hours. The sooner you can get the issue raised to the advocacy team the sooner you will get a fix. I think the issue affects a large number of people, but I don't think they know which individual accounts, so I don't think a global fix is coming (that is
    again only my opinion).

Alien Prey, Dec 28, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. First off you should never post your reference numbers on the forums.

As for what's happening, I wish we could help you out but this lies specifically in the area of phone support. I would recommend calling them again to see what's going on. Perhaps a new agent may be able to do what the other couldn't.

onyxishere, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Lokiondo
    Lokiondo Guest
    At this point I dont care who has that Incedent number. I am trying to shine a light on the
    [Mod Removed] support I have received on this issue. I have already contacted support again and they basic said 'Sorry nothing we can do. Wait for the Advocacy Team to contact you.' I have serious doubts they ever will. So I will continue
    to post here as the days go by with no resolution.

Lokiondo, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Lokiondo
    Lokiondo Guest
    I am now at hour 48 with no reply from the Advocacy Team.

Lokiondo, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Lokiondo Win User

I am now at hour 48 with no reply from the Advocacy Team.
  8. Lokiondo Win User

At this point I dont care who has that Incedent number. I am trying to shine a light on the
    [Mod Removed] support I have received on this issue. I have already contacted support again and they basic said 'Sorry nothing we can do. Wait for the Advocacy Team to contact you.' I have serious doubts they ever will. So I will continue
    to post here as the days go by with no resolution.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. First off you should never post your reference numbers on the forums.

As for what's happening, I wish we could help you out but this lies specifically in the area of phone support. I would recommend calling them again to see what's going on. Perhaps a new agent may be able to do what the other couldn't.
  10. Alien Prey Win User

Xbox Live signup is currently unavailable..

The advocacy team finally fixed our problem during the latter part of Xmas day, after a few emails.

The problem turned out to be that my child's account no longer had my parent accounts Microsoft ID associated with it. It had been deleted (probably due to the server issues Microsoft were having, but that is only my thought. Certainly neither my child or
    I deleted it). My Microsoft ID was fine, it just was no longer linked.

The fix was simple enough. The advocacy team re associated my Microsoft ID with my child's gamer tag their end and then all started to work on the xbox and he was a happy bunny again. They did need my console ID as well.

I can only urge you to call the 0800 support number, explain the issue to them, so they can escalate to the advocacy team. The advocacy team took about 3 days from initial support request to them making initial contact with me and then sorted it in a couple
    of hours. The sooner you can get the issue raised to the advocacy team the sooner you will get a fix. I think the issue affects a large number of people, but I don't think they know which individual accounts, so I don't think a global fix is coming (that is
    again only my opinion).
  11. allan.m1980 Win User

Locked out of Powerstar golf

No way i will re buy they caused this issue with whatever they done. They have to fix it. Hopefully the accounts advocacy team can sort it
Thema:

1. Microsoft Advocacy Team never Fixed issue. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Advocacy Team

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  7. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  8. Is there a way to earn the Px microsoft rewards on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to earn the Px microsoft rewards on xbox?: I can do all of the other rewards but dont own a PC eeed7e03-a016-4a10-90eb-569bebfa9e7f
  9. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  10. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...