Microsoft account ; xbox live account ; gamertag - ***

Discus and support Microsoft account ; xbox live account ; gamertag - *** in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello folks, I was sitting infront of my computer for the last 3 hours trying to find a way to change the e-mail address of my xbox live account. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KraeheKette1668, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Microsoft account ; xbox live account ; gamertag - ***

hello folks,

I was sitting infront of my computer for the last 3 hours trying to find a way to change the e-mail address of my xbox live account. I was trying to do this because the declared address is no longer in use and I cant connect to it either. So I thought to
    myself it will be better if there is an address linked to my account I actually have access to regardless that I'm not playing on my xbox often.

So at the moment I've got at least two microsoft accounts. The one with the outdated e-mail address and the new one. So I've got an account for my hotmail.de e-mail address which was turned into a microsoft account as well. Additionally there is a xbox
    live gamertag linked to it. I cant remember why but its like that.

Im unsure about the following things but as I found out it's probably the only way to get it done. So I need to create another Microsoft account to have a total of 3 accounts. Then I can transfer the not-in-use-account to the third one to get rid of that
    xbox live gamertag linked to the e-mail address I want to put my in-use-account to. After that I finally can transfer the account off of the invalid e-mail account to my new one. Thats kinda *** itself but it's not over yet. I need to download the not-used-gamertag
    profile which means I'm unable to transfer it for the next 30 days.

I mean, common is this really the way? Why the hell do we need a Microsoft Account, a xbox live acocunt and a gamertag everything linked to each other. And why can't I just merge two Microsoft Accounts to one. Like you guys turned my hotmail.de account into
    a Microsoft Account without giving me the opportunity to merge it with an already existing Account.

I don't know but your security stuff turns everything into you can't do anything with your account because it must be safe. Just give us the option to merge accounts when you takeover things or whatever happened. I just wanted to change my xbox live email
    address to one that works but that would've been too easy for microsoft, I guess.

regards.

sorry for my bad english its not my first language.

:)

KraeheKette1668, Jan 2, 2014
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Do you think Microsoft will clear out old unused gamertags?

They actually do this but its not live gamertags as much as Microsoft accounts goes inactive for x period they will purge it

Terrin_marine, Jan 2, 2014
  4. nomad0205
    nomad0205 Guest

Thought your English was okay mate, I certainly understood what you were trying to achieve as I am having a similar problem of trying to merge an Xbox 360 account with my long standing hotmail.com account, the issue I'm having is once I've logged onto my
    "hotmail" microsoft account on my lap top I cannot open/sign in to my "Xbox 360" microsoft account which is bloody annoying- even though I log out!! Something to do with my browser settings and password recognition I think. Come on microsoft surely you can
    make accounts associated with the same person "merger" friendly!! ;-)

nomad0205, Jul 10, 2015
  5. Hey nomad0205! Please note the date of threads before you respond to them. This one is from Jan 2014. A year and a half ago. Feel free to start a new thread of your own detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps you may have taken. This is how
    we can help you with your specific problem.

HomegrownSilky, Oct 31, 2018
  6. WPAK Win User

Need to disassociate Gamertag from my Mircorsoft account

7. WPAK Win User

change email

Hi there,

to be able to move the gamertag on your email account to his windows live id, you will first need to remove the 'other' gamertag on his live id (Microsoft Account).

This link describes on how to move a xbox live account, from one email (Microsoft Account) to another, it also contains steps when there is already a dofferent xbox live account present:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

In short:

1. Download the 'other' gamertagto the console

2. Wait 30 days (A profile needs to be at least 30 days on a console, before it can be moved)

3. Move the 'other' gamertag (xbox live account) to a different Microsoft Account (email). This will free up his windows live id (Microsoft account)

4. Move the xbox live account on your email (MIcrosoft Account), to his live id (MIcrosoft Account)

-

That should be it, if there are any questions let us know
  8. MB5656 Win User

Can't change Microsoft Account

Sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.

Go to settings and select Account.

picture

Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.

Select Microsoft account (Your Windows Live ID is your Microsoft account.)

Do one of the following:

If you already have another Microsoft account, select Yes.

If you don't have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.

Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in.

Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account.

Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Notes

If you try to switch your Xbox Live gamertag (or Xbox Music tag) from one Microsoft account to a different Microsoft account that's already linked to another Xbox Live gamertag, you'll get the following error message:

The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from the Microsoft account you want to use. Here's how:

Consider the following scenario:

Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

In this scenario, your gamertag is Gamertag B, and you want to move it to Microsoft account 1.

At accounts.live.com, create a new Microsoft account. You'll only need this account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags.

Example:

Microsoft account 3 is free.

Switch the gamertag that's linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the Microsoft account that you created in Step 3.

Example:

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 3.

Switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account that you want to use.

Example:

Gamertag B is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

To complete the switch of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. After 30 days, switch Gamertag A from Microsoft account 3 to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 2.

Microsoft account 3 is now free.

Cancel the Microsoft account that you created in step 2.

Example:

Gamertag B is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 3 is cancelled.

When you change to a new Microsoft account, the current funds in your original Microsoft account do not transfer to your new Microsoft account.

You can move a gamertag to a different Microsoft account only once every 30 days.

This includes new gamertags downloaded from Xbox Live.

If you try to move a gamertag before 30 days have passed since the last time you moved it, you’ll get the following error message:

Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now.

To change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.

You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox Live. For more information on how to do this, see Password protect your Xbox Live profile.

hope that helps:)
  9. TrippIE Win User

Impossible to change Microsoft account linked to my Gamertag.

This may mean that the original Microsoft account or your Xbox Live account is in one of the following states:

•The Xbox Live account has a past-due balance.

•The current Microsoft account associated with the Xbox Live account is deleted or expired.

•The Xbox Live account has been flagged for unauthorized access.

•The Xbox Live account has a local currency balance.

•The Microsoft account you are trying to move your gamertag from is under 30 days old. (This helps prevent your gamertag from being stolen by an attacker.)

Or, it may mean that the “target” Microsoft account is ineligible because:

•That Microsoft account is associated with another Xbox Live account.

•That Microsoft account is associated with a billing account.
  10. BernadetteUcl Win User

new xbox live account will not log in

Why do I get a “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account” error message?

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”.

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1.Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you have just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.

3.Now switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

4.To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 3 is now free and no longer needed.

Can I switch my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

You can change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Here’s how:

1.Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2.Go to Settings and select Account.

picture

3.Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.

4.Select Change Windows Live ID. (Your Windows Live ID is your Microsoft account. Find out more.)

Do one of the following:

◦If you have another Microsoft account, select Yes.

◦If you do not have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.

◾Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

◾Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

◾Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

◾Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Notes

•When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.

•You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given gamertag every 30 days.

•You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed since the gamertag was downloaded, you’ll get an error message.

•Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.

•You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect your Xbox LIVE profile.

Why do I get a ”Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now” error when I try to make a change to my Microsoft account?

You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given Xbox LIVE gamertag every 30 days. If 30 days haven’t passed since the last time the Microsoft account was changed, you’ll receive the error message “Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account
    right now”.

Note You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account.
Thema:

1. Microsoft account ; xbox live account ; gamertag - *** - Similar Threads - Microsoft account live

2. Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I was recently locked out of my Microsoft account after some else gained access to it and fraudulently purchased items. My attempts to recover the account and verify that I am the owner have been...
  3. How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags: Hi how can I change one Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag to another Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag can this be done. Will...
  4. I can't access my Microsoft live account. I have submitted account recovery requests...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my Microsoft live account. I have submitted account recovery requests...: Soooo I am lacked out of my Microsoft account (email). I have tried submitting multiple account recovery requests unsuccessfully. I have Xbox live, I'm paying for his at the moment and can't...
  5. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  6. How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...: Recently, my microsoft account was hacked, with someone adding their own email and deleting mine(**Removed PII**). I had to make a new microsoft with the same email(**Removed PII**), and now don't...
  7. How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?: I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the account until I randomly started getting...
  8. Microsoft Live account locked and unrecoverable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Live account locked and unrecoverable: My xbox/Live account that i have had and used for over 15 years has been hacked. I recovered the password and then microsoft has locked my account. Ive starte the recovery proccess, everytime i...
  9. If I redeem an xbox live code for fortnite on my Microsoft account will I be able to claim...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I redeem an xbox live code for fortnite on my Microsoft account will I be able to claim...: So I was thinking of purchasing an Xbox live code for a fortnite item online but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to claim it through cloud gaming since I don't have an Xbox to claim it through. If I...
  10. Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login: Hi I'm currently trying to login to my sons Xbox profile. But every time I try to login nothing happens. I enter his mail account and a one time pass key is send to his mail. I use this key and...