Microsoft Account Swap

Discus and support Microsoft Account Swap in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple of months back, tiring of all 'change password' requests I would receive whenever a major gaming company got hacked that week (I think it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Claxixx, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Claxixx
    Claxixx Guest

Microsoft Account Swap

A couple of months back, tiring of all 'change password' requests I would receive whenever a major gaming company got hacked that week (I think it was Ubisofts' uplay) I decided to create a new microsoft account with the intention of using it for only my
    xbox account. I did that but I created an account that was likely previously in use and whenever I look at the recent activity page of that microsoft account, there are many incorrect passwords attempts from all over the world every week. So I tried again
    only to find out you can only change your account once every 30 days. I waited 30 days, still could not change account linked to gamertag which was probably due to downloading my profile on Xbox ONE but now it has been over 30 days since I downloaded my profile
    on Xbox ONE and I still cannot change the account linked to my gamertag. Could someone please advise?

:)

Claxixx, Jan 1, 2014
  2. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    voteDC, Jan 1, 2014
  3. TragicSkies
    TragicSkies Guest
    Swap live and microsoft account

Hello sp00fy,

I've tried these steps previously personally, they are quite a headache actually to do. Although, I do think the steps work quite the same. You do have to make sure the account you are transferring to is atleast 30 days old or you won't be able to do the
    step to finalize it. Hope this helps and continue to ask if you need more help.

TragicSkies, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Claxixx
    Claxixx Guest

Microsoft Account Swap

Anyone?

Also, could I add an alias to this account and make that my primary account for Xbox and then later on remove the other account?

Claxixx, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Claxixx Win User

Microsoft Account Swap

Anyone?

Also, could I add an alias to this account and make that my primary account for Xbox and then later on remove the other account?
  6. NoNameMcGee Win User

the steps may be the same but with the new UI on xbox one the option is no longer there. There is of course a chance there is something I'm missing or didn't notice but I've looked multiple times.
  7. XBF - Evie Win User

Swapping mojang account to microsoft.

Hello BenK_968,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having some issues with Minecraft: JAVA Edition. Let us look into this together to get you back to gaming.

Please visit the Mojang support article Microsoft Account Migration Issues and FAQ. Your issue is directly addressed within this article. Since this is a migration and entitlement issue, we recommend that you continue to utilize Mojang support for this issue.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  8. TragicSkies Win User

Hello sp00fy,

I've tried these steps previously personally, they are quite a headache actually to do. Although, I do think the steps work quite the same. You do have to make sure the account you are transferring to is atleast 30 days old or you won't be able to do the
    step to finalize it. Hope this helps and continue to ask if you need more help.
  9. Flinstone956 Win User

Microsoft account swap not working

it will not allow u because for some account it needs to verify before swapping or u have to go to account.live.com and sign in to the account once u done that click on security info and update your security proofs then it will put a 30 day lock on the
    account after the 30 days has pass then u will be able to the swap with the account
Thema:

Microsoft Account Swap

1. Microsoft Account Swap - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Swap

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  4. my microsoft account was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account was hacked: my Microsoft account was hacked when i go to log in to the Microsoft store there are now two accounts with the email i used. i can login to one of them but it says i have nothing i had on my...
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  7. Swap Screen Name and Live Subscription To Another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap Screen Name and Live Subscription To Another Microsoft Account: I registered 2 xBox screen names years apart and I recently purchased a year of xBox Live under my secondary Microsoft account because the screen name attached to this account is the screen name I...
  8. Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account: When I first received my Xbox LIVE gamertag, a random one was given to me when I selected the 'download profile' option. Now I want to transfer my current gamertag to a different Microsoft account...
  9. Unable to swap Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to swap Microsoft Account: I appear to be having issues swapping my Gamertag to a different Microsoft account - I moved a gamertag off of the account I want to switch to which went through fine, but when moving the Gamertag...
  10. Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag: I mostly play on my Xbox One, but I still have the 360. I'm trying to switch from the family Microsoft account associated with my gamertag to my personal gmail Microsoft account. The only way I...