Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag

Discus and support Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried signing into the xbox app on my phone and i used the exact email that i used on my xbox account but it keeps giving me a random gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BlizzardFur, Apr 3, 2020.

1. BlizzardFur
    BlizzardFur Guest

I tried signing into the xbox app on my phone and i used the exact email that i used on my xbox account but it keeps giving me a random gamertag

:)

BlizzardFur, Apr 3, 2020
  2. TheStriderr Win User

Is it always the same gamertag that shows up when you enter the email address?
  3. Mister Maka Win User

Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you can't add it here

Heya R4alGamer!

It sounds like you might be using the wrong Microsoft Account to sign in. When you created your Xbox Live account did you by chance use a different e-mail address to sign up? Just to make sure, is R4alGamer the Gamertag that you're trying to sign in with
    or is it with a different Gamertag?
  4. BIZKUTZnGRAVEY Win User

Preordered Titanfall twice...

microsoftstore.com is your best bet. Make sure you sign in with the correct Microsoft Account Email that is associated to your Gamertag. A lot of people confuse their Xbox Gamertag contact email as their Xbox Microsoft Account since they get emails there
    about their Gamertag. Make sure if you use Windows 8, that you are signed into the correct account. You can check your Xbox Billing Activity at commerce.microsoft.com. If you don't see the charge, then you are signed into the wrong email...

Hope this helps! Let me know if it didn't...
  5. Wille M. Win User

Microsoft store keeps signing in wrong xbox account

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm sorry that the Xbox app is exhibiting this behavior, I have some tips that may help, however I need you to answer the questions below:

Press Windows+i or click Start Menu > Settings > Accounts > Your Information.

-Is the signed-in account the old one or the one you want the Xbox App to auto-login in?

Press Windows+i or click Start Menu > Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts.

-Is your old account listed?

-Are you on Windows 10 or Windows 11? What is the version and build?

Awating your reply. Hugs! :)
  6. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft Login

Hi ghost_hotline

Recently, Microsoft started to integrate Minecraft Java accounts with Microsoft accounts. Could you have merged the wrong account at some point or signed in with the wrong account?

More details on usernames and Gamertags can be found here:

Minecraft: Java Edition Username VS Gamertag FAQ – Home
Thema:

1. Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag - Similar Threads - Microsoft account keeps

2. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  3. How to keep Microsoft account secured?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to keep Microsoft account secured?: Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account....
  4. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...
  5. I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...: I have £40 in my Microsoft account. I want to purchase a game but it keeps wanted to take it out of my card. I do not owe Microsoft any money. I have a full account. No problems ever paying What's...
  6. Microsoft account page keeps refreshing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account page keeps refreshing: I am trying to cancel my xbox game pass subscription from the website and for multiple days now the page keeps constantly refreshing and therefore i cant cancel my subscription. I have tried...
  7. I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...: For 3 months now, I get emails about purchases I made on Fortnite on my email, when I go to Microsoft to check transactions, nothing. Epic Games doesn't have an account my email so whats up? I...
  8. Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!: We have 2 switches and 2 users and 2 microsoft accounts and 2 copies of minecraft. Both users are registered on both switches, however if I change user it forgets the microsoft account details for...
  9. My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft): So My minecraft account keeps getting hacked i dont seem to see anything changed on my microsoft though which is good. but every single time or once in a while i get hacked by the same guy how can...
  10. my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.: My microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing. I can not renew my subscriptions and payment methots. I tried with 3 different computers and 5 different browsers.(private modes included)....