Microsoft Account is associated with a different Xbox Live Profile

Discus and support Microsoft Account is associated with a different Xbox Live Profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two sons and I am trying to set up Live accounts for both. The first went through without any problem. the second is giving me error messages.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DampCandy45784, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Microsoft Account is associated with a different Xbox Live Profile

I have two sons and I am trying to set up Live accounts for both. The first went through without any problem. the second is giving me error messages. If I go to download the profile I set up in the computer via a game it tells me I have too many profiles
    on this storage device. When I am trying through the Xbox main menu, I am getting an error that the Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox Live profile, what am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

:)

DampCandy45784, Jan 4, 2014
  2. new xbox, old account, cant connect

this microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile. try a different account.

CAN NOT SIGN IN.

Sam3r-93F617E0-9E28-4A46-9964-0C92F000E86F, Jan 4, 2014
  3. benwhaley
    benwhaley Guest
    Help with changing Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live account

I currently have a Microsoft account that is linked with my Xbox Live profile. I wish to change the Microsoft account associated with my Xbox Live profile to a different Microsoft account, but my current Microsoft account has a subscription to Office 365,
    therefore it does not meet the criteria to change the associated account. Is there any way that I can bypass this criteria and switch the account associated with my Xbox Live profile?

Many Thanks

benwhaley, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Microsoft Account is associated with a different Xbox Live Profile

OMG me too!! Someone please answer ;(

UrsineEmpress00, Jan 4, 2014
  5. having same issues - great to see they responded (not!)

OrthoActor3802, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Powerage13 Win User

Xbox360 S connecting to internet issues

The error message I'm getting says, 'this microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile. Try a different account."
  7. DesiringCrowd5 Win User

Cant connect to xbox live ive reset my router and everything

when i sign into Microsoft account, it says "this Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox live profile. Try a different account."

i deleted my profile, rebuilt the profile, and it didn't help. got the same message.
  8. ALEFFLER03 Win User

Connecting to xbox live for first time on Xbox 360

I get the message: This Microsoft Account is associated with a different xbox live profile. Try a different account. What do I do?
  9. SankarMukhopadhyay Win User

Have trouble using my gamertag on xbox 360

A little bit more info.

When I try to join live, it says:

Setup a Microsoft account for xbox live

Get your unique gamertag

Choose your membership level

After that, I enter my Microsoft account info but then I get:

This Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile. Try different account.

I am confused. What xbox live profile am I associated with? There is another user in this box but he uses different email account and gamertag,

Thanks,

Sankar
  10. PhilCol Win User

Help to connect to xbox live

The exact message is "This Microsoft account is associated with a different Xbox Live profile. Try a different account."

Any help will be much appreciated. Kind regards
Thema:

Microsoft Account is associated with a different Xbox Live Profile

1. Microsoft Account is associated with a different Xbox Live Profile - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account associated

2. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  3. Need help finding Microsoft account associated with Minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help finding Microsoft account associated with Minecraft account: Hi I migrated my mojang account like 2 years ago (have the emails to prove it) but I cannot remember the microsoft account I migrated too nor have I saved it anywhere. Is there anyway someone from...
  4. How do I change the email associated with the Microsoft account for my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the email associated with the Microsoft account for my Xbox: So out of nowhere when I first turn on my Xbox and go to sign into my gamer profile I’ve had a message come up that says “ because you are accessing sensitive information we need you to put in the...
  5. Can I change what microsoft account is associated with my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change what microsoft account is associated with my xbox account?: When my xbox account was made years ago as a kid, I used my mothers microsoft account of course. Now as an adult, I want to switch my gamertag, game library and subscriptions to my own microsoft...
  6. How can I get my original Microsoft account associated with my new email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get my original Microsoft account associated with my new email?: I cannot access my Microsoft account because the password is 20+ years old and the email associated with it does not exist anymore. I had to create another account to ask this question. I just...
  7. How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags: Hi how can I change one Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag to another Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag can this be done. Will...
  8. I have a Microsoft account associated with an old PlayStation account, I want to recover my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Microsoft account associated with an old PlayStation account, I want to recover my...: I have a Microsoft account associated with an old PlayStation account, I want to recover my Microsoft account. 70bbda9f-ffed-4244-88df-5e7535ea894a
  9. How do I change the Microsoft account that Minecraft is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the Microsoft account that Minecraft is associated with?: My Microsoft account was recently hacked and the only thing I cared about on it was Minecraft. After contacting Microsoft, they unfortunately had to close the account and suspend it as there was...
  10. Is there any way to change the Microsoft email associated with my Minecraft account if I no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to change the Microsoft email associated with my Minecraft account if I no...: My old Microsoft account got hacked a few months back, and I lost my Minecraft profile because I can't sign in without my Microsoft information. I've moved on to a new Microsoft account by now...