Microsoft account closure

Discus and support Microsoft account closure in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So I want to close an old Xbox account and use the email from that profile on my current one. It says I have to close the account in order to do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by reytorres05, Nov 22, 2019.

1. reytorres05
    reytorres05 Guest

Hi,

So I want to close an old Xbox account and use the email from that profile on my current one. It says I have to close the account in order to do that, but I am afraid that doing so will close the actual Gmail account which I still need/use. So my question
    being, will I still be able to use my Gmail account once closing the Microsoft account?

:)

reytorres05, Nov 22, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey rey

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

As there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi reytorres05,

Thanks for your post. If you are using a 3rd party email as your Microsoft account alias and you delete the Microsoft account it is on, you will not lose your email. Since Google manages Gmail, Microsoft is unable to close your Gmail account.

I hope this helps.
  4. 43b4df2b-f1ec-4319-b Win User

Thank you so much, helped out a lot!
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hey my account got closed and my security account is also removed not is sending code to recover now what I do it has my Minecraft subscription

6. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

As stated above, a profile can not be deleted, and there is really no legitimate reason to delete/close an account. You do have the option to close an account by following the steps below though.

Go to http://account.live.com/ and sign in to the account you wish to close.

Click on "Security and Privacy"

Click on "More Security Settings" under
    Account Security

NOTE: You may need to verify you are the account holder when you click on "More Security Settings" do to the security features on accounts.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Close my account"

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN CLOSING AN ACCOUNT

Ensure that you cancel your subscription if you have one active.

Ensure that all currency on the account has been spent.

All gamerscore/achievements, and anything left on the account is forfeit.

You have 60 days to change your mind once an account is marked for closure.

This does NOT delete your Xbox Profile. It will just make it so it can not be logged into.

If you change your mind after the 60 day perimeter time limit is up, to re-open the account, you will have to contact Xbox Support and your issue will have to be escalated to Tier 3 support, and there is NO promises
    that Tier 3 will even be able to recover the account.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!
Thema:

1. Microsoft account closure - Similar Threads - Microsoft account closure

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  5. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  8. Microsoft rewards account problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards account problem.: My microsoft rewards account has been suspended for no reason and have not violated any of the service agreements please solve this problem as i have 3225 point in that account....
  9. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  10. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...