Microsoft Account Balance Question

Discus and support Microsoft Account Balance Question in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi all. I have a question referring to my Microsoft Balance and need a reference on how I should go about it if anyone has experienced anything... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Aproxied, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Aproxied
    Aproxied Guest

Hi all. I have a question referring to my Microsoft Balance and need a reference on how I should go about it if anyone has experienced anything similar. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong thread, just looking for insight considering this could be an issue across anywhere Microsoft Balance could be funded/utilized.

Under my balances, I have two listed that say USD. I'm a bit confused as to how this is even possible, considering USD is well-- USD, and considering Microsoft Balance is a virtual currency, I'm not sure why.

Microsoft Account Balance Question [​IMG]

So. Usually I wouldn't care about this but my little brother would like a game that's on sale for $17.99 right now. Obviously, if my USD balance(s?) is combined (y'know, like irl, my left pocket has $12 my right pocket has $15.12) I have over the amount for the game on sale. However, in the store it only allows me to use the $15 USD, the $12 isn't even an option to spend. So unfortunately I can't acquire the game for him.

Anyway, my question is, is there some sort of thing that I'm possibly missing here, as to why I have two seperate "USD" balances rather than $27.12?? Last time I checked they were the same currency. I've checked to make sure if anything was out of place with subscriptions but nothing. Is there someway to combine it or something on the website..? Or is this something I have to call support and explain probably 3-4 times to a rep that I have 2 seperate "wallets" of USD. I'm positive this isn't a rewarded balance because I don't participate in that, I know all in all it's either from gift cards or my credit card.

But if they seperate my gift card balance (ex: physical gift card I buy at walgreens while buying takis) from purchases from CC (balance I buy online with my CC), then how2combine if this is the case? And why should it have to be combined to begin with.

Forgive my question if this is both a.) Wrong category and b.) has been asked before because I've googled and inquired to write a support ticket, but I can't even find a link to open a ticket unless it's regarding a refund. And I'm not sure if the support line to call is operating at 1am (currently by me). And figured a little insight couldn't hurt before I hopelessly explain this to a rep later. And I apologize for the formatting, I'm on mobile. Thanks in advance.

:)

Aproxied, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

What happens to my other devices (Windows Phone and Notebook) when I change the main email associated to my gamertag ?

Hi there, I can let you know that if you have a balance on your Microsoft Account, when you change your Microsoft Account attached to your gamertag, the balance on your Microsoft Account redeemed from codes specifically for Xbox Live stay on your gamertag...they
    transfer to the new Microsoft Account in that case.

I'm not too sure about questions B and C.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Saldo na conta da Microsoft[Translation-Microsoft account balance]

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for reaching the forums. We understand you have a question on moving account balance. Unfortunately, Microsoft account balance is unable to be transferred or exchanged. Once it is on an account it stays to that account. You can try purchasing items
    and gifting to an account you wanted it on.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Pierce H. Win User

Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the store doesn't accept Microsoft points. Is there something wrong or do I have to wait until the game releases?

Hi Noah Scharer,

Welcome to the Microsoft Answers Community! I'm happy to help you with your question. In order to use your Microsoft Rewards points towards items on the Microsoft Store, you will need to first redeem your points for Xbox/Microsoft account balance. This is the redemption link for Xbox account balance: https://rewards.bing.com/redeem/000400000296 After redeeming your points for balance, you should be able to apply it towards any purchase on the Microsoft Store.

I hope this answers your question. If you need more help, feel free to reach out here!

-
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

Can I use two Microsoft Gift cards to buy something from within a game?

Hi there Nikita, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Yes, it is possible to use your Microsoft account balance to make purchases of in-game items, as long as you have a sufficient balance to cover the purchase. If, when attempting to purchase the items you want, the Microsoft Store opens, then you should be able to select your account balance as the payment method.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. emmarobertson50 Win User

Using Microsoft account to purchase DLC?

No, it's not a question of balance - he has £15 on his Microsoft account and the dlc he wants is less than £3. So any other suggestions please....?

Thanks
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Balance Question - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Balance

2. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  3. Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store: I am trying to use my account balance to pre-order an Xbox game on the website and it is not showing up when I select a payment method. The game is only available to pre-order on the website, so I...
  4. when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?: Hello, I preordered a game that comes out on February 2 of this year, but the Microsoft account balance doesn't show a change, I preorder the game in November, I read that it charges immediately...
  5. Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account balance: My child is asking to buy something on Fortnite for £17. 49 They have £20.02 in their account and when they ask for approval I then approve and then get asked to add more funds ? Why ? And how...
  6. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  7. My microsoft account balance is bugging on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account balance is bugging on fortnite: I’ve checked my microsoft account and it says i have 17 dollars and some cents, but my problem is that i’m trying to buy a fortnite crew pack for 11.99 tax makes it 13.13 so i still have enough...
  8. No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...: On Tuesday 28th of November, I used up €249 of my Microsoft balance towards a purchase of an Xbox Series S starter bundle. The outstanding balance of €1 was a pending transaction since then. I...
  9. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...
  10. microsoft account balance credit

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account balance credit: Hi this morning I redeemed a code to my Microsoft account. but when I try to purchase from Forza horizon 5 it shows the pervious balance. I checked my credit it shows the right amount of 23 $...