Microsoft account already connected to another PSN account

Discus and support Microsoft account already connected to another PSN account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm playing Minecraft on PS5 and I'm trying to connect my Microsoft account to my PSN account. After entering all the info in the QR code link page... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AlexT. Dufour, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Microsoft account already connected to another PSN account

I'm playing Minecraft on PS5 and I'm trying to connect my Microsoft account to my PSN account.

After entering all the info in the QR code link page which confirms my account is connected, I get this error message in Minecraft:

Failed to login

Oops! Looks like the Microsoft account you are trying to use is already connected to another account on "PlayStation Network".

Please sign in with a Microsoft Account that is not already linked to an account on "PlayStation Network".

I don't have any other Microsoft account or PSN account. I went in the Microsoft account management and didn't see any PSN account linked to it. I went on Sony account management and didn't see any Microsoft account linked to it. After talking with 2 different Microsoft tech support agents, they told me they couldn't tell me which PSN account my Microsoft account was linked to and that I should contact PlayStation support, which I did. The PlayStation tech support agent told me the same thing, they don't know if or what Microsoft account might be linked to my PSN account and that I should contact Microsoft support.

So here I am, 3 hours later, with nobody able to help me or even confirm if my Microsoft account is indeed connected to a PSN account, which I doubt because I don't trust the in-game error message after seeing absolutely no trace of connectivity between accounts in either account management system.

If anyone has any idea it would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I've done all the basic troubleshooting the support pages tell you to before even contacting tech support.

:)

AlexT. Dufour, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello AlexT, the way you can find out if there is any PSN account or service connected to your Microsoft account is through the link below.

Click on the link and sign in with the Microsoft account you use to play and you will see which services are linked.

Microsoft Consent

https://microsoft.com/consent
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Psn already connected to another account

I linked my Microsoft account to another psn account because i didnt create another one

However when i did create it it said this account is already connected

The unlinking did not work do i tried everything else

I deleted the game

I logged out of the other psn account

And now the option came and still EVEN AFTER UNLINKING MY ACCOUNT FROM THE FIRST PSN ACCOUNT IT STILL SAID ITS ALREADY CONNECTED I EVEN DELETED MY DATA BUT STILL THE SAME ISSUE CAME

ON PS5 MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT DOESNT EVEN SHOW UP
    According to https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-TM-4-FAQ:

LINKING A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT TO A PLAYSTATION® ACCOUNT

Note: Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation® accounts can only be re-linked to the original account.

So basically even if you unlink your psn account from your Microsoft account it still will only ever let you relink the original account that was previously linked. Hence why you still get the errors of it being linked to another psn account because in a way it will still be forever linked. Hope that makes sense.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

I'm trying to find my linked accounts so I can try to unlink my minecraft account from a playstation network account so if you can can you please unlink my minecraft account from a playstation account

it can only be done on psn side as it is connected to their system, but once a microsoft account is linked to a psn account it cannot be linked to another.
  5. carlymcleod Win User

How do i unlink a ps4 account from my Minecraft account?

I just bought Minecraft on my ps4 account and when I went to log in, it said that my Microsoft account is already connected to a PSN account. How do i unlink a Psn account from my Microsoft account
    Yes
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I have a Microsoft account associated with an old PlayStation account, I want to recover my Microsoft account.

Hi Pedri G! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry you're in this situation.

The solution is to link your PSN ID to another Microsoft account, because the
    The Microsoft account you are trying to use is already linked to another PSN ID.
    Each Microsoft account can only be linked to one PSN ID and vice versa.

Note: If a Microsoft account is linked to a PlayStation account, neither the
    Microsoft account nor the PlayStation Network account can be linked to other
    accounts.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. Microsoft account already connected to another PSN account - Similar Threads - Microsoft account already

2. I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...: I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in use, is this possible? 4285c3bd-f7f2-4fe1-8aeb-77f7e2219010
  3. So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...: I have my kids account hooked up to my playstation family account, am i am i able to hook their microsoft account up to their playstation sub account if i already have my Microsoft account hooked...
  4. Minecraft for PS5 : "Oops! Looks like this Microsoft Account is already linked to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for PS5 : "Oops! Looks like this Microsoft Account is already linked to a...: (No other Xbox/Microsoft or Playstation Support contacts can help me with this, they have tried. Previously mentioned Xbox/Microsoft Support has referred me to try applying for a MC support...
  5. Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...: A couple years back I wanted to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did I tied a gmail account an outlook account, but the outlook account already was used for a Mojang...
  6. My other account got locked by microsoft and i already tried to fill the form until...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My other account got locked by microsoft and i already tried to fill the form until...: My other account already got locked almost 2 months, i already tried to fill up the form until filled ACSR form for many times and verified but everytime i replied the email from Microsoft team,...
  7. My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...: Tried every Microsoft account I have and still she's unable to login . Error...oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft account . 3 weeks she's been trying. Minecraft email...
  8. My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...: No Microsoft account we have resolves this ! Playstation can't help. 216fdf19-caef-4d2d-b1b5-5453800dbe29
  9. Can’t sign into Microsoft account on PS5 Ooops! Looks like this account is already connected.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t sign into Microsoft account on PS5 Ooops! Looks like this account is already connected.: I have been trying to get into my Minecraft account on PS5 and it keeps giving me this error. I don’t have anything else connected and my reals stuff got passed over to my wife. Idk how it...
  10. Minecraft saying Microsoft account already linked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft saying Microsoft account already linked?: Hello, I’m trying to sign into a Microsoft account on Minecraft for the ps5 but it keeps saying I’m already signed into one. I don’t know what account it is referring to as I have never before...